We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates business class

Kent, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
49 reviews
29 helpful votes
Emirates business class
Save

Hi there,

Even though I'm no stranger on TA, this is my first time in this forum and normally one to answer questions than ask anyway here goes.

We have just booked Lon GTW to Singapore via Dubai on Emirates business class and wondered if others have done the same and can pass on any knowledge i.e do they take you from check in to lounge and then lounge to boarding, do you have to check in any earlier. I'm grateful for any snippet of info

Many thanks

7 replies to this topic
West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
102,467 posts
99 reviews
631 helpful votes
1. Re: Emirates business class
Save

Hi DESK29;

I would suggest posting your question on the “Air Travel” forum as well.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Travel.html

Best Regards

Kent, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
49 reviews
29 helpful votes
2. Re: Emirates business class
Save

Thank you I have :)

West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
102,467 posts
99 reviews
631 helpful votes
3. Re: Emirates business class
Save

You're welcome!

Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
339 reviews
279 helpful votes
4. Re: Emirates business class
Save

You'll need to notify the airline in advance that you need a wheelchair.

Airlines do vary, and also if you can walk a short distance will affect things.

With Singapore Airlines we could check in at any row, then walked a short distance to the Special Needs area, where I was given a wheelchair.

Thai airways insisted we used one specific check in, which was the furthest from the entrance. I think a wheelchair then collected us from check in. It took 2 hours from getting out of the car to getting to the departure lounge.

Yes, once you've got to check in, just relax. You'll be taken express route through security, to the lounge. Then collected from the lounge, either by chair or buggy and taken to the gate.

Depending on your walking ability, they might wheel you to the aircraft and let you walk on, or they can use a special chair to get you right to your seat.

We normally allow extra time. It's over 3 hours drive from home to London, and it's nice to rest before the flight. Thank you Thai Airways for wasting that time.

You won't have that problem, but it would be wise to allow 3 hours, because I have seen reports that wheelchairs can be a problem in UK airports since the pandemic.

As RescueTean suggests, ask in Air Travel to see how Emirates handle things.

Kent, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
49 reviews
29 helpful votes
5. Re: Emirates business class
Save

Hi Heatseeker

How are you doing ?

As you know we have travelled many times to Singapore but this time around the flight is completely new to us, different airline, use of lounge and reliant on crutches sounds like fun lol. I'm one of those people that don't like change so like to be prepared as much as possible :)

Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
339 reviews
279 helpful votes
6. Re: Emirates business class
Save

I'm reasonably fine, just getting over Covid, triple jabs weren't enough to keep me safe.

Sorry to hear your problems. You will find Singapore looks after the disabled very well, far better than the UK,

We use buses a lot, Less walking than the MRT, and time spent on buses is fun, a cheap way to see the city. Also the bus captains take pride in looking after the disabled,

I used the 123 bus a lot to get back from Sentosa, so the drivers know when I'll be getting off. It's a horriblr stop, and very difficult for drivers to get near the kerb, but they nearly always made it easy for me.

I haven't flown Emeriates in years, but I do feel that the help I get has made flying a lot easier. My wife finds things better too, the wheelchair attendant helps her cope with the security checks.

It is scary the first time, but they will look after you very well.

Kent, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
49 reviews
29 helpful votes
7. Re: Emirates business class
Save

I was in the same boat as you as I had covid back in April but I was not too bad ( not compared with others I know who had it) and luckily my husband escaped it.

Like you we use buses a lot when in Singapore , much more to see and we are in no rush

Reply to: Emirates business class
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.