We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun with severe autism

Roanoke, Texas
Level Contributor
89 posts
48 reviews
21 helpful votes
Cancun with severe autism
Save

Has anyone done Cancun with severe autism? I am a travel advisor and I am an certified autism travel advisor but IBCCES (the certifying agency) doesn't show anything in Mexico. I know Karisma resorts are autism double checked and we are staying there for half our trip but I was wondering about "excursions". We are going to do Xcaret park and I feel pretty good about that but has anyone done anything else? I was looking at the Cirque show but we also have allergies so we are difficult!! We spend a lot of time at Disney and Universal because even though neither are certified they both accommodate well with allergies and autism so I am hoping there are some suggestions for the Cancun area. BTW he is 12 and severe, minimally verbal and often makes loud sounds with dairy and egg allergies! WE are also traveling with our NT 15 year old so something he might enjoy too would be better!

2 replies to this topic
West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
101,970 posts
99 reviews
631 helpful votes
1. Re: Cancun with severe autism
Save

Hi Kroos2006;

This forum is more focused on the general issues that arise when travelling. In addition to your post here, I would suggest posting on the Cancun forum, as well. That forum is...

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g150807-i8-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Best Regards

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Cancun with severe autism
Save

Hi Kroos2006,

I'm hoping you have found somewhere by now and that when you do, you will update us. Wishing you and yours a really happy - and hassle free - vacation.

Reply to: Cancun with severe autism
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.