We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA

Harrow, United...
5 posts
INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA
Save

Hello,

I have had a valve replacement and have to take Warfarin to thin my blood and have a Christmas Holiday booked to visit San Francisco mid-December 2021 and would like to know how I can continue to get INR Blood Tests in the United States as I have to keep my INR between 2.5 to 3.5. I generally get tested every week as my dosage needs to be advised so wondering how I can achieve this in the USA. Would appreciate any advice given, thanks in advance...

6 replies to this topic
Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
339 reviews
279 helpful votes
1. Re: INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA
Save

Hi Lucky, and welcome to TripAdvisor

This forum covers the whole world, and while you might get a reply, you really do need people with local knowledge. I suggest you ask on the San Francisco forum at https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g60713-i30-San_Francisco_California.html

I'm sure there'll be somewhere that can help you.

Harrow, United...
5 posts
2. Re: INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA
Save

Thank you so much, I will do as you've advised

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
23,367 posts
298 reviews
154 helpful votes
3. Re: INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA
Save

You could ask your travel insurance provider. Mine holds details of medical facilities.

Harrow, United...
5 posts
4. Re: INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA
Save

Hello, I have found a local Health Centre which provides an INR blood test at $25 per test so I am happy I found this Service as I would not like to go three weeks without an INR Blood check.

Thanks for your response.

Maz
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA
Save

Can you let me know the name of the clinic? I need the same!

Wrexham, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Traveling With Disabilities
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
339 reviews
279 helpful votes
6. Re: INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA
Save

Hi Maz. Welcome to the forum.

Lucky hasn't been active on TA since last November, so is unlikely to see your post.

You could try sending a personal message. If you’re using a phone, click on the avatar, and you’ll see a link to Message.

Using the full version of TripAdvisor on a computer or tablet, click on the poster's name on his post. This opens his profile, in the top right you'll see the word Follow, alongside (to the right) there's a message icon. Click on that, and a form opens, so you can message him.

Reply to: INR Blood Test in San Francisco, USA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.