We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crelling harness

Leicester, United...
1 post
Crelling harness

Hi everyone. For peace of mind on our upcoming flight I’d like to buy the crelling 27 harness for my autistic 8yr old who is able bodied but might benefit from a more secure strap if he becomes anxious or bored. We are flying with virgin Atlantic and their special assistance team told me they accept the harness on board but we would need to sit in a back row seat with no one behind us as per their own special needs seat.

However Having today checked their website it specifically says they accept the model 27, and they go on to mention the different types of 27 depending on age and size of the child. Then they say, and I quote, ‘it can be used on any seat except aisle, bulk head or exit row seats’ which contradicts what I’ve been told.

Now I’m confused. Is this a mistake on their website? Does anyone have direct experience of an older child using it and have been able to do so on an ordinary row with someone behind them?

The special assistance people aren’t back until Monday and of course I’m anxious to sort our plans and get organised.

Many thanks in advance

2 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
31,760 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Crelling harness

You could also ask this on the Air Travel forum (be prepared for abrupt answers)

But ultimately, your best option is going to be to wait until you can discuss this with Virgin again, as ultimately, only their staff can tell you what they will/won't accept. Once the situation is clarified, get them to confirm this for you in writing, and take a hard copy of the written confirmation with you on your journey. That way you can show the flight attendants and hopefully get help, understanding and no arguements.

I think it's likely that, just like they don't allow paraplegic and other immobile people into aisle, exit row or bulkhead seats on any flights (with any airline in the world), for the safety of other passengers, the same rules may hold true for your situation.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
21,846 posts
290 reviews
2. Re: Crelling harness

Airline Emergency Exit Row Seats: What you need To know

https://www.tripsavvy.com/airline-emergency-…

Reply to: Crelling harness
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions