We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No customer service!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
21 helpful votes
No customer service!
Save

Viator/TripAdvisor Scam Artists!

Yarin Yidiz was to be our local guide and this person chose the meeting site for our $155 walking tour of Bordeaux! I discovered we were 2 hours away and was told this person could not provide tour! I have been trying to get a refund from Viator or TripAdvisor but getting a refund for service not provided due to guides error doesn’t seem to qualify! These companies are scamming people out of money and laughing all the way to the bank! Stay away from both Viator and TripAdvisor- they get rich off of good people!

1 reply
California
Level Contributor
74,143 posts
1,849 reviews
466 helpful votes
1. Re: No customer service!
Save

Contact info for Viator is on the right side of the screen. You are right, they have lousy customer service. We have hundreds of threads documenting that. No one here suggests using them. Or using third parties in general if there is any way to avoid it.

I am confused about the two hours away thing. Otherwise I could give you advice about how to best go about getting your money back. Was this the provider’s fault? Or was there a misunderstanding about where the tour started?

Reply to: No customer service!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.