We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to share trips with friends

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
211 reviews
840 helpful votes
How to share trips with friends
Save

There seems to be some confusion about how to share trips with other people, so hopefully I can point people in the right direction.

Once you have created your trip, you can set it either to public or private. It seems that either status is ok for sharing.

There is an obvious icon which says "share" but this does NOT allow others to add to, comment, or edit the trip.

In order to share the trip giving others the power to edit, you need to use the + symbol next to your avatar. This opens three options - to text, or email, or copy a link to the trip.

I have found that the email link option does not work for me, so I have used the copy link, which I can then send in an email. The text link does appear to work.

The recipient needs to have an active Trip Advisor account and be logged in, in order to access the trip.

Here is the link to my test trip. Feel free to add, or edit to try it -

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Trips?tt=f0adb793-d754-4433-b9b1-3c87f0d743e8&m=19905

2 replies to this topic
Bromley, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
59 reviews
49 helpful votes
1. Re: How to share trips with friends
Save

Thanks for posting. However I still can't share my trips with friends successfully. I used the shared icon and send the link via wattsapp but my friends still can't see it. Would you know what could be the issue?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
211 reviews
840 helpful votes
2. Re: How to share trips with friends
Save

Do they have a Trip Advisor account and are logged in ?

Reply to: How to share trips with friends
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.