We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

double location listing problem

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
double location listing problem

Hello team,

I am trying to list my new store on Trip Advisor and I got declined due to double location listing.

My store has the same address with 5 more stores. The block of this area has the same address number.

It is located at a pedestrian and famous touristic area under the Acropolis in Athens, at 120 Adrianou street.

Is there a way to contact a real person from Trip Advisor to solve this matter?

Also, my customers have requested my shop to be added at your listings.

I hope I hear from you soon good news. :)

thank you

ps: my store is called Thiki Greece

and the website is www.thikigreece.com

6 replies to this topic
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
25,173 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: double location listing problem

Perhaps if you tweak your address to be a little different, such as "Shop 3, 120 Adrianou St", that might work. I guess it doesn't really matter what shop number you choose, if there are no numbers on the shops themselves. Who is to know which is which :-) ?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
2. Re: double location listing problem

thank you so much! I will try that! Fingers crossed : )

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,059 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: double location listing problem

thikigreece ~

I'm glad you have posted your own topic. That is how to get TA Staff to notice your question. They may not reply to offer some assistance, but you have made it more possible for them to see it than posting in an old thread.

Your problem is difficult because Trip Advisor usually need different addresses for each business. Two businesses are not usually permitted to use the same address.

I think there might be a bigger problem though. You say you have a physical store and Google Maps shows your store. But when I click on your website's photo for the store location, there is no store. I cannot see photos of your store, the inside of your store, any displays of your wares inside an actual store. I can see an online store showing a catalogue of your products, with online purchasing - a cart, a way to create an online account, a way to sign up for a newsletter.

Trip Advisor do not accept listings for online businesses. So that might be the bigger issue.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
4. Re: double location listing problem

Thank you very much for the tip!

You are right!I will add photos of the physical store.

5. Re: double location listing problem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 November 2018, 03:13
Edited: 11 November 2018, 03:13

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
6. Re: double location listing problem

Great tip Cheryl! I followed your guidance!

Thank you very much!

Reply to: double location listing problem
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted