We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightmare

Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Nightmare

What a nightmare to get in touch with someone at TA ... who’s running this????

So convoluted ....

Will never use again to book anything and would recommend others don’t .

Would never come here had a mix up with tickets the staff were at no help at all 5 grown men all stood around acting confused and also a confused translator was no help at all ... left park after buying ticket online and not being let in even when I had a receipt with a barcode they could not read because they don’t have a barcode reader.. ?????

Was told to go to the police ????

So much for Japanese’s hospitality !!!!

Will try and get my money back .

Worst tourist experience of my whole trumping after coming all the way from Osaka to visit . Looking forward to our visit to Universal studios tomorrow.

Very disappointed .

Toei Studio is the worst !!!!!

28 replies to this topic
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
71,265 posts
132 reviews
1. Re: Nightmare

HI

>>get in touch with someone at TA<<

I don't think it's TripAdvisor you want as they don't sell tickets. It's probably Viator. Open the full TripAdvisor website and look at the Top Questions on the right. Read "CONTACT Info for ISSUES with Tour bookings on VIATOR"

Maybe next time you're travelling you can just buy your tourism attraction tickets direct from the tour provider or vendor.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
44,304 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Nightmare

Sounds as though you bought tickets via Viator which is a sister company of TripAdvisor. Even though TripAdvisor Inc owns both companies they are run independently.

You need to contact Viator, please see link below for contact details in post #11.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12…

Angie.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,903 posts
106 reviews
3. Re: Nightmare

I think the OP needs to contact Viator, but I’m not sure who exactly he is blaming, both here and in his review..

Is it Viator’s fault that the attraction apparently doesn’t have a card reader?

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,155 posts
478 reviews
4. Re: Nightmare

I can't make much sense of what happened, but TA isn't to blame. I think that the advice not to book anything through TA is spot on. I can't understand why anyone chooses to use Viator. I still remember the first time I ever spotted them. I steered clear of them because I could tell they were just a reseller. Even though I was a bit of a novice on the web at the time, I instinctively wanted to deal directly with the supplier.

Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Nightmare

Blaming Op for terrible handling of situation ... and Viator for ripping me off and TA and Viator for no response ... and impossible to get in contact with anyone.

Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Nightmare

Yes I think I’ve learnt a good lesson here. 😜👍

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
71,265 posts
132 reviews
7. Re: Nightmare

>>impossible to get in contact with anyone.<<

Did you call Viator? No one answered the phone?

USA & Canada:

(866) 648-5873 (toll free)

UK:

(0)20 3318 0421

Australia:

(0)2 8069 5885

Brazil:

(21) 3958 5513

International:

+1 (702) 648-5873

Our point is that you did not book anything with TripAdvisor. So blaming them because you booked with a 'sister / cousin company' does not make sense to us.

Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Nightmare

Well I was directed to the purchase company from trip adviser ... so to me that makes them partly responsible .

That’s the trouble with people / companies these days no one takes responsibility and passes blame on to others.

My credit card company is handling it now . Thanks for your response .

Edited: 18 October 2018, 11:52
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
25,177 posts
70 reviews
9. Re: Nightmare

Being referred to a website by TripAdvisor is essentially no different from choosing a supplier from an advertisement in the newspaper. The newspaper does not vet its advertisers and neither does TA.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23,592 posts
10. Re: Nightmare

TA directly links to Viator they do not link to other companies and are as far as I am concerned complicit in all this, they own Viator and promote Viator as a TA company.Me I lay the blame fully on TA .

Reply to: Nightmare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted