We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The green and red eyes in the logo

1 post
The green and red eyes in the logo

The logo for trip advisor has what I think is an owl fthat has a red eye and a green eye. The eye colors are backwords. The red one should be on the left and the green one on the right. That would be correct for navigation and for getting your customers safely to their destinations.

John Cameron

dbf394@gmail.com

26 replies to this topic
West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,007 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: The green and red eyes in the logo

You have NOT sent a PRIVATE email to TA staff, but have posted on a PUBLIC forum where ANYONE around the world can view it.

NEVER post your email address, or other private information, on the internet. I would STRONGLY suggest that you delete your own post immediately ! Posting your email address on the internet can result in it being harvested, used and abused by every spammer, scammer, troll, scumbag and moronic time waster.

You can delete your own post by clicking on the "Report inappropriate content" button within the post you wish to delete and then select "Remove my post" from the pull down menu.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,782 posts
84 reviews
2. Re: The green and red eyes in the logo

Please repost though. I've got to hear the explanation for this.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,322 posts
123 reviews
3. Re: The green and red eyes in the logo

I personally think Ollie the Owls eyes should have a violet hue, like Liz Taylor had. Classy....

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: The green and red eyes in the logo

Is it possible to open 2 different accounts under the same name? The OP has joined today but a poster called John C who joined in April has been spamming the Air Travel forum for the last couple of days.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,901 posts
106 reviews
5. Re: The green and red eyes in the logo

John C

Welcome to Tripadvisor upon joining today.

Might I respectfully suggest that instead of getting hung up on Ollie’s eyes, you spend a few minutes learning about staying safe on-line before you navigate your way towards a keyboard again..oh, and delete your post too..

🦉

That would make Ollie very happy indeed..

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,023 posts
66 reviews
6. Re: The green and red eyes in the logo

I've been on TA for years and this is a first. Kudos to you John C.

Either TA staff are landlubbers and don't know their port from their starboard, or they are choosing left and right when looking AT Ollie.

I think there might be a more travel oriented reason though, than navigation. It's all about reviews and booking on her. So the eyes may mean: stop then go. Stop and read reviews, book hotels, then go. That's what the little blurb at the bottom left of the page suggests:

tripadvisor: know better, book better, go better

As for navigating? Agreed, correctly placed sidelights are required but I won't touch navigating the website save to say that those eyes may unwittingly be contributing to why it's quite difficult to do. I now know what to say when someone comes on to ask: "How, blankety blank, do I blankety blank, find/do/get ....?" It's all Ollie's fault. <grin>

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,023 posts
66 reviews
7. Re: The green and red eyes in the logo

Christabel. John C is a friendly name. As all first names+initial are. There will be hundreds of those in the website. If you hover your mouse over the name, the user name will appear at the bottom corner of the page. I'm on Firefox and .com - so the bottom left corner. This John C's user name is U7807QQJohnC.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
63,213 posts
78 reviews
8. Re: The green and red eyes in the logo

Then again the colour of his eyes could be a reflection of something they are looking at

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,782 posts
84 reviews
9. Re: The green and red eyes in the logo

Or it could be a virus.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
53,357 posts
1,800 reviews
10. Re: The green and red eyes in the logo

Sine an owl can swivel its head (like Regan in The Exorcist), so maybe they got mixed up?

Hunt

Reply to: The green and red eyes in the logo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted