We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

justairticket travel agency is a scam

Westminster...
1 post
justairticket travel agency is a scam

Today I booked 3 roundtrip tickets (myself and family) from Denver, Colorado to Paris, France.

About 10 minutes after doing the booking I received a call from that agency to confirm the booking. During the conversation that ensued the agent told me that the price given was an

error by the airline and the price for the tickets would go up $120.00.

I indicated that changing the price after the booking was an un-ethical business practice and that I didn't agree.

He then responded that he will only increase the price by $100.

When I disagreed again, he then said that the increase will only be $81.

Again I refused to go along, so he then said that the increase would only be $68.

Finally I told him that this type of horse trading was not the behavior of a reputable organization and that I will not conduct any business with a firm that acted this way. So he told me that he will see what he could do to revert the price to the original and call me back in a few minutes.

After 35 minutes elapsed without getting a call back I called my credit card (American Express) to cancel the transaction. I was told that they had already initiated the withdrawal of the money and the status of the transaction was "Pending". I was also told that when there is a dispute on a pending transaction everything is put on hold.

I never got a call back from justairticket and then realized that when the agent told me that he will see what he could do, he just wanted me to wait long enough, for him to push the payment before I cancelled.

I hope that American Express will indeed put a hold on this transaction and this is how far things will go.

However the aggravation and the waste of time, (which in purchasing air tickets can mean paying higher prices) are still there.

Have anybody else dealt with this organization?

What else can be done to keep crooks like justairticket to continue to scamming honest people?

192 replies to this topic
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: justairticket travel agency is a scam

Do as most people suggest, Book directly with the airline. It's your safest bet.

Edited: 11 January 2015, 10:20
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,627 posts
2. Re: justairticket travel agency is a scam

Extensive topic here on this forum. Probably would have been good to do a quick google search before booking with the company. If you had you would have found this topic. Have a read -

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7243…

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
54,533 posts
1,819 reviews
3. Re: justairticket travel agency is a scam

It is a common practice of many 3rd party agents, to come back with the excuse that the prices have gone up - the reason is that their "come on prices" are seldom live. Once they have one's $, they then introduce the "new price," which will ALWAYS be more expensive. Unfortunately, one is most often locked into using such agents, with little, if any ways to get out of the deal. The price goes up, and up, and finally settles at something like +30% of the price directly from the airlines. They have hooked you, and you have almost zero recourse - you money is flowing into their pockets, and at an alarming rate. That is what they are banking on, and will often then introduce the "credit card systems are down, so please send the money via wire transfer.. " At that point, they cancel the tickets, take the money, and the pax is left penniless, with no ticket, and needing to travel. That is when they often book with the airlines, at a walk-up price, on the day of travel, which WILL be about as expensive, as it gets.

If they only stole your initial payments (did you pay by credit card, and if so, then you *might* get something back, but I doubt it), count yourself fortunate, and book with the airlines, chalking losses up to experience.

Good luck,

Hunt

4. Re: justairticket travel agency is a scam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 00:35

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
24,301 posts
378 reviews
5. Re: justairticket travel agency is a scam

Duplicate post TW. You'll probably find you'll end up with both your posts being removed.

6. Re: justairticket travel agency is a scam

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 September 2015, 01:05

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
7. Re: justairticket travel agency is a scam

Amazing that you found TA, joined and made a third party recommendation your first post.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: justairticket travel agency is a scam

Gracie-Boo:

I guess some people think the rest of the world are a big bunch of dummies. I'm sure that there is a large percentage of posters here who were born at night .... but not LAST night ...

SMH

9. Re: justairticket travel agency is a scam

Removed on: 26 October 2015, 23:35

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
330 reviews
10. Re: justairticket travel agency is a scam

And you joined tripadvisor today searched for that rip off lousy cheat company just air ticket (there you go, Google will pick those words up) and posted a glowing testimonial? Please - absolutely not genuine

Reply to: justairticket travel agency is a scam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted