We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premium Club Thomson 787 Dreamliner worth it??

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
Premium Club Thomson 787 Dreamliner worth it??

Hi,

I have booked to fly from Manchester to Cancun in April. We have paid to book our seats before we fly but I am considering upgrading to premium club. Just wondered if anyone has flew premium club to cancun and if it was worth it?

It's an extra £458 for the 2 of us so would like pros and cons before upgrading. Also, can you pre-book seats with premium?

Thanks x

227 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
24,339 posts
378 reviews
1. Re: Premium Club Thomson 787 Dreamliner worth it??

It's subjective. Some will say yes and some will say no. Is it worth it to you?

For me, I'd stay in economy and use the money to spend when I get to the resort, but the next answer is likely to be different.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Premium Club Thomson 787 Dreamliner worth it??

Thanks for the reply :)

The reasons we would want it for the extra room but only if can pre-book the seats to get a "2" - my husband is not a good flyer and never been long-haul before. So being in a "2" with more room and comfort would help.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,711 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Premium Club Thomson 787 Dreamliner worth it??

Check about availibility of seats before you book. There have been a couple of threads recently where passengers upgraded after booking and there were no seats left together.

Personally, I would go for it and it would have no impact on my holiday spending. We just always counted it as part of our holiday price. Please do check seats available though.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Premium Club Thomson 787 Dreamliner worth it??

Will the passengers have been able to book already? It's not until April and the website says can book 90 days before.

If we can't sit together then it won't be worth upgrading x

Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
520 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Premium Club Thomson 787 Dreamliner worth it??

There have been many threads on here and other forums discussing this very topic. It's completely subjective but if you can afford and justify it then go for it. Apart from the extras - including extra legroom, free drinks throughout the flight, more choice for meals, metal cutlery, Premium check-in, etc. - you will also stop thinking about whether you should or should not!

Plus, if you upgrade once and don't think it's worth it you don't ever have to 'waste' money on it again. But as many have said previously, once they've tried it they're hooked.

As for selecting seats together, you can officially do this online from 90 days before your return date to the UK. But many, including me, phone Thomsons before the 90 day date and get lucky by booking over the phone. Whilst there's no guarantee, it's highly unlikely you won't be sat together.

Good luck.

Kevin

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Premium Club Thomson 787 Dreamliner worth it??

Thank you Kevin. I think we will just go for it :)

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: Premium Club Thomson 787 Dreamliner worth it??

we travelled premium on the dreamliner to mexico last august and would absolutely love to do it again !! for us, it was worth every penny, we felt and were treat like royalty and it just made a brilliant start to an amazing holiday .

Because there are only 7 rows in the cabin, we got to know a few of the passengers in our cabin and had a little party ! behind row 7 there is lots of space to stand and stretch your legs too.

Drinks were proper freeflowing and the food was great, lots of films and stuff to watch on your tellys too.

comfort wise, it was a dream ! i'm only little, so it was like being in an armchair, with a little foot rest !

Strangely, what I found amusing was our cabin staff telling folks off for trying to sneak into premium cabin toilets from economy, I kinda felt a bit smug they'd been told off !!

so, yes, I say go for it !!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: Premium Club Thomson 787 Dreamliner worth it??

Juby5 - sounds fab! I think we are definately going to book it.

Did you book your seats ok? We are hoping for a 2 so it's just us. x

Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
520 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Premium Club Thomson 787 Dreamliner worth it??

Del0205,

Once you get to within around 100 days of your return date phone Thomson and ask to book your seats. If you're lucky you'll get through to someone who'll let you book. If not try again later that day or the next. Most who try this eventually get through to someone who'll let them book. If you have to wait until 90 days before your return date just select your seats online when the seat reservation system 'opens'. There's always the chance you won't get your first choice of seats but I'm sure you'll get seated together.

As an indicator, I'm going to Mexico in August in Premium Club with First Choice (Thomson). With about 50 days to go before my return date I can see online that there are still 12 seats available for selection.

Kevin

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
39 reviews
10. Re: Premium Club Thomson 787 Dreamliner worth it??

Hi, yes, do it !!!!

Officially you can select your seats 90 days before you return, but some people have phoned thomson well before this and managed to get the seats they wanted.

I kept trying on my booking a few days before and at around midnight on day 88 it let me in ! we had the choice of any of the seats in premium and wanted 3 together, so chose row 7, which was perfect for us.

Hoping to return to mexico next year on the dreamliner and would choose those seats again, deffo .

Have a fantastic time, mexico is my all time favoroute place .

Reply to: Premium Club Thomson 787 Dreamliner worth it??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted