We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport support for disabled travellers

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Airport support for disabled travellers

This is not so much a question but praise for the excellent service I received recently. I am disabled and need wheelchair support at airports and assistance checking in. I recently traveled from Canberra to Singapore. I cannot speak highly enough of the excellent support provided by the ground staff for International flights at Canberra Airport. From the moment I arrived there was a support person to assist with a wheelchair. I was informed 15 minutes prior to boarding that I had this time to get ready and was offered assistance to do this. I was wheeled to the door of the plane and Singapore Airlines staff took over assistance.

At all time the ground staff were polite, courteous and went the extra mile to ensure I had a problem free and pleasant experience. I cant thank you all enough it made my trip.

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport support for disabled travellers

It's heartening to read a bouquet rather than the brickbats that tend to get dished out on this forum. Glad you had such a good trip.

Oodnadatta...
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport support for disabled travellers

thanks for posting and well done to all

there seems to be wheelchairs and children on every flight so it must be a well rehearsed procedure

I was recently in Kathmandu and only steps to the plane and wheelchairs were at the bottom and I thought this will be difficult but lots of helpers who knew what they were doing, so all was well

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,633 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport support for disabled travellers

Thank you for posting this. It’s always good to see positive reviews about service.

One request. Please stick around and offer advice to others who post questions about air travel for disabled passengers. That would also be a great help.

Glad you had a great trip. 😄😄

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport support for disabled travellers

Thanks. I do appreciate good service and feel we sometimes take this for granted.

Reply to: Airport support for disabled travellers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted