My friends and I stayed here during our CDO trip. The place is so cheap, we paid P1000/night for 5 pax. It's nothing special and you just get what you paid for. The bathroom was a bit old and the air conditioning took long to cool the entire room. But I'd still recommend for budget travelers.
Stayed here at their Junior Suite room (2nd floor) with window, equipped with twin bed, AC, Hot shower, and Flat screen TV.
Hallway and their Bathroom is a little bit old and not appealing. Wi-fi signal is quite slow, we need to go near the door to connect with the wi-fi. However the room is clean and the AC works really really well and this is more of my concern and it's good job for that. We stayed for one night and and since our flight is still in the evening, we extended our stay for 6 hours which already considered as half-day and it only Cost us Php 1,200 (800/night+400) for our entire stay. Very reasonable considered it's a Junior Suite.
We took a cab from airport and it only takes 10-15 minutes going there. 1 Jeep ride away to SM CDO. And it's located in the middle of the City. It is also Walking distance to the City's well-known Divisoria.
We are very satisfied, since we rest very well at their comfy bed, dim light plus quite appealing room interior. I would recommend this to those who are looking for a budget friendly hotel.
* The Location is perfect, within the City and nearby good restaurants.
* Room rate is affordable, considering the location, it is a traveller's luck.
* Amenities, we occupied 2 rooms, one room doesn't have a water heater and has to pay for the toilet paper - we end up buying our own and sharing bathroom.
* Service - VERY BAD! not even accommodating, we arrived after 6PM, when we inquired if the family room is available, we've got a reply of "NO" (period), we did not even offered of (any) other rooms, all exhausted; we took a rest at reception Patio, in less than 5 minutes we were shooo away, and told us, they do not allow anyone just to sit there! We asked if there are available room, receptionist replied "ONLY ONE", so hopeless. We took 5 hours to roomed-around Cagayan De Oro City, but (still) ended up in Vines Pension. Before going back, we called and asked if there's a family room available and replied "YES", we hurried back, and when we got there to our horror, receptionist says " JUST OCCUPIED" what! like we informed we are coming and now its gone! - long story, but anyways, it was midnight so we have to settle down.
* Staff, They need more hospitality training.
- If it wasn't for the location, we will not stay in this hotel.
We are group of 5 and stayed 2 nights.
We chose Fem's Vines primarily because of the lower room rate in comparison to other accommodations in the city, so were not expecting so much in terms of the facilities. Forgot what type of room we were checked in but it had two double beds and it was spacious enough for four. The restroom is relatively clean for our standards, although you would know that the building has been around for quite long because of the discoloration in the tiles, the sink, and the toilet.
Its proximity to certain establishments is one plus factor, we almost always walked our way to restaurants when we felt hungry. Ayala Centrio mall is also just a tricycle ride away. The only bummer was that the people at the front desk didn't seem to be well-trained in receiving guests and entertaining customer inquiry. Although we were't shouted at or shown rude attitude, we felt that they weren't too eager to help when we asked questions. Just us maybe, but one can neglect that as there are other people around to ask. Well, they can help you arrange your Whitewater Rafting trip, they have a contact who'll pick you up from the pension house. Also, they can call a cab for you to take you to the airport when you need one very early in the morning (or very late at night). That being said, the stay was decent enough for budget travellers like us.
We were really scrimping on accommodation expenses so when we saw their rates, we instantaneously decided to stay here. And, we got what we paid for. Amenities are basic, the suite room we got was only P1,000. It had a double size bed and a single bed, cable TV, wifi, hot shower, and a mini refrigerator. The place has not been maintained well, however. Flooring is worn out and bathroom grout stained. You could opt for other accomodation, though, paying up additional few hundred pesos for better amenities. On the positive side, besides the price, it's located in near the Cogon Market and Divisoria Area, which makes it very accessible, with public transportation plying the route.