Very disappointing quality for this level of pricing.
- No towels in the toilets on the beach
- I cut my foot with the broken glass in my bathroom (!) when arrived. The room was not cleaned properly after the previous guests. The management didn’t even apologized.
- The food is very average for ridiculous prices. The staff confused orders, we had to wait over 40minutes for the food to arrive. Cocktails are over 20€. Salads start with 30€. One night they said they don’t have any Turkish wine - only European with prices starting from 150€ for simple bottle of Gavi... which is not more than 30-40€ in top London restaurants.
- Breakfast was a mess with confused orders. Sometimes our toasts never arrived even when we asked 3-4 times.
- We couldn’t relax because of the screaming children not only by the pool, but even in the bar after 9pm. When I asked the stuff to manage the situation at 9pm in the bar and talk to parents - they said there’s nothing they can do...
- Oh, and they charge 3€ per day for the WiFi ;) I am still intrigued why they didn’t include it in the cost of the room...
- Yet the territory is very nice. Reception lady and concierge were lovey and friendly.
The service and attention to small details are definitely not up to other Mandarin hotels which is a shame.
Having just returned from the MO Bodrum writing a review is an absolute must! Even before we arrived we knew this was going to be great. The service from the Butler team at the hotel was second to none, with amazingly prompt responses to all enquiries. They helped set up a number of activities for our week perfectly prior to arriving. Having arranged airport transfers through the hotel it was great to be met as we exited the plane and let fast track through security and before we knew it we we were at this beautiful resort. Checked in overlooking Paradise Bay with a glass of champagne was faultless. So particular highlights included a days charter on a hotel traditional Turkish boat, a private tour of Bodrum, an attempt at flyboarding at the hotels water sports centre and a fantastic Hammam experience at the hotel spa. I’m terms of the actual resort it was incredibly designed, beautifully maintained and perfectly placed overlooking a Paradise Bay. Ok some of the resort was not open due to Covid, but that’s completely out of their control and what was open was superb, with some great restaurants to enjoy. The beach area was fairly busy so we spent most days by the comparatively quiet pool area which was beautiful and well serviced by friendly staff. I must particularly shout out to Can (who went way beyond the mile in terms of service) and Aybars in the butler team - both superb, Umut in the MO Bar and the two male therapists in the Hamman - thanks to you all and you are a key part to our desire to return. All in all, a great resort, superb facilities and staff that absolutely put the icing on the cake!! Thank you Bodrum, teşekkür MO Bodrum 👌
Stayed here for 4 nights was upgraded free to an amazing villa with private pool , the staff was so professional and friendly it was a joy and so pleasant
Breakfast was phenomenal with amazing service the spa was fantastic , beach was great with amazing sushi and service as well
This place is a haven for ultra luxury and a must stay
We stayed here for three nights during COVID (September 2020). We would never have thought to visit Bodrum were it not for Turkey allowing Americans to visit during the pandemic without restriction. It was the trip of a lifetime and worth every penny.
The Mandarin is 40 minutes drive from Bodrum airport; we were personally attended to from the moment we landed until we departed the hotel. Aybüke was the perfect Butler - extremely welcoming, respectful, engaging, and genuinely cared about our experience. We will request to have her host us again upon our return. The entire service experience, including the concierge, pool, and beach staff, was superb. We felt completely safe and applaud their efforts to manage the challenges associated with the pandemic.
Property itself is gorgeous from every angle. Views are spectacular. Gym feels brand new with extensive space and equipment. Spa is outstanding - ‘Mediterranean Journey’ might be the most memorable and best value luxury treatment in Europe. While we missed Assagio (closed during COVID), the two restaurants we tried on the property were both very good. The traditional Turkish breakfast at Sofra is the best hotel breakfast we’ve had in the world.
After our stay, we took the ferry from Bodrum to Datça and spent two nights at D Maris Bay, which has at least one life-changing beach but is otherwise inferior in every way. It made us appreciate how special and truly world-class this Mandarin is. We would not hesitate spend an entire day flying to come back to this wonderful place - even just for a long weekend.
We are traveling almost everywhere but this hotel most beautiful and professional hotel we ever visited
Almost all servers, staffs speak English we were very impressed because very hard to find in Turkey speak English staffs in other hotels.
Everyone was very helpful specially assistant front office manager Murat Civelek! he was very attractive, kind, knowledgeable person, if you ever go Mandarin Oriental you should find him he is going to taking care of everything what you need!
Hotel it self was amazing, decoration to landscaping, shops to beach, restaurants to pool just perfect! We would recommend this hotel everyone without hesitation. Go stay there