Me and my family were in Korumar from 17th of August until 22nd of August.
We had a late check-in and went straight to the dinner. Due to Covid-19 you have to ask for food from the staff (which is understandable and happens in every Turkish hotel at the moment).
Rooms were quite big and bright. The cleaning staff did their work good, although they did forget to fill in our mini bar couple times.
The view was amazing, because the hotel is located quite high.
Now to the cons:
- At every mealtime or at the bar you always have to show your room card which is very annoying when you are at the pool or at the sea and you didn't take your card with. A bracelet instead would be a better idea, the general manager of the hotel said it was the concept of the hotel, which is frankly very strange.
- The waiters had the courage to flirt with young women. When you said no to them, they were acting very strangely and refused to serve you in the future. (The talk with general manager and manager of the restaurant didn't bring anything, apart from very judgemental looks, as it'd be my fault)
- The lobby bar works for free for all inclusive only till 12am which I had never seen in my entire life before visiting a lot of all inclusive hotels in multiple countries (The general manager tried to explain it by saying it was the concept of the hotel again. Funny, right? Then he tried to justify it by explaining the difference between all inclusive and ultra all inclusive where everyone knows that it's about local and foreign drinks.
- The pool bar works very slowly. Every time I had to wait firstly 10-15 mins for the menu (I didn't even get it from time to time and had to take it by myself) and then waiting 30-40 mins for my food. Well I can understand that they could have cooked it from the very beginning and so on, but it's ridiculous to wait 25-30 mins for the fruit plate.
- The hotel is also very boring. There is no music at bars or any animation at all. The general manager explained that the hotel is mostly for elderly so it's their concept ;)
And then the most outrageous thing I've ever seen in my life happened. We asked the reception if we could do the late check-out as well as late check-in. They said that we had to wait until the next day to see how many guests were in the hotel, although the hotel was only 50% max full. Then we had a talk with the general manager who allowed us to stay until 5pm. On the day of our check-out we had to shower in the spa where they weren't so happy about it.
We gave up all our room cards and got one card instead so we could still have a dinner at the restaurant. So at the restaurant in the middle of our meal we got a cheque for 500 Lira. The general manager said he allowed us to stay till 5pm not more, so why did we get the card then? In the previous hotel where we've been they didn't ask to take off the bracelets and didn't watch us after the check-out. How can you actually do something like this to your guests? We payed for our stay, for the all inclusive.
The whole holiday was really spoiled because of the whole situations.
We will never come back and wouldn't advise you to go there in the first place.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Response from Guest Relation Manager, Diğer at Korumar Hotel De Luxe
Responded 1 Sep 2020
There are three systems of accommodation in our hotel, including bed and breakfast, half board and all inclusive, and we identify hotel guests with room cards in food and beverage units. As a hotel, we found it more convenient to use the room card system instead of wearing wristbands for every guest. As a hotel, we never allow our staff to do such a thing. when we asked you to identify that personnel you did not show any one We could not identify such a personnel in our research on this subject , either. All-inclusive system is applied in our hotel and as stated in the hotel concept that was given by reception on your arrival, food and beverage services are provided free of charge until 24.00 at night. Food and beverage service in our hotel is not in the form of self-service, but in the form of order from the table and service to the table. This service may take a certain period of time. Although the departure time from the hotels is 12.00, you have been given free use of your room until 17.00 pm and a free dinner card upon your request. Opening an evening ticket in the restaurant is due to a misunderstanding. However, we are sorry that we could not make you happy. Korumar Deluxe Hotel Business Manager
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC