I came here for my solo staycation to celebrate my birthday. I discovered The Otto for the first time when I searched for hotels in Tsim Sha Tsui and picked it based on the positive reviews. I was not disappointed. I wanted to wake up in the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong, and The Otto is in the heart of the heart of everything.
The room's on the smaller side, but a good size for a solo staycation. Luckily for me, I didn't have any noise issues or hear my neighbours' activities. I enjoyed peace and tranquility.
The Otto is a great bargain for their unbeatable location. By saving money on accommodation, I got to allocate my budget to other enjoyable activities, such as movies and food.
The soundproof work of this hotel really need to improve. You can hear everything your next door is doing, e.g., talking on the phone, watching TV, packing, etc. And the noise got quite loud and obvious at night. Wifi is poor with slow connection. Room had a weird, unpleasant humid smell and the bathroom smelt like vomit between 8-9pm every night. The bed was quite narrow and small. The only nice thing about this hotel is the location.
Stayed for 8 nights here.
What I like about the hotel:
- Great location, 1 mins to Tsim Sha Tsui B2 exit. Easily to access many restaurants and
- Nice deco, wooden floor, contemporary simple design. good size of TV. The have space for suitcase (otherwise the room is quite small)
- At the moment really good price
Something you need to consider:
- I stayed in standard room and the size is quite small (15 sm) but I stayed alone so quite ok.
- The table they provide is quite small so if you need bigger table for doing work won't be convenient
Something I don't like:
- Sound proof is really poor. I can hear the noise / talking from the room next door if their voice is a bit loud. The first night I need to called reception to ask the next room to lower the voice.
In general it is a very good hotel and worth staying with the price of room, however if you are shallow sleeper you need to think twice to be honest.
Nice price in a comfortable hotel. Staff are well trained amd friendly. Modern design room with excellent location and view. High security. Due to the event
the room rate is very very reasonable. Highly recommend.
There's not much that could be improved for this hotel. Location is perfect: taxis, metro, airport shuttle are just around the corner and many places can be reached quite conveniently by foot (if weather allows it). I enjoyed the excellent room, with a great bed, fantastic bathroom, high quality wifi and a nice view. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Even the security guards were friendly and always in good mood.
Not the cheapest place but definitely worth every penny. Would immediately decide to stay here again next time I'm in HK.