We visited Labuan Bajo for scuba diving and visiting of the islands in Komodo National Park. The airport transfer pickup was very punctual and the staff KK was very helpful in loading up our luggage. Breakfast was served every morning from 6:30am, and when we had to leave earlier for our dives, the staff packed our breakfast to go which was very thoughtful of them. Transport to the required destinations can easily be arranged for a small fee of 30,000 rupiah per trip. The food in the hotel was good and simple. What we enjoyed most were the staff as they were extremely helpful and tried their best to meet our needs, especially KK who agreed to any timing that we requested for transport, no matter how early or late. The only problem faced by us would be the faulty toilet which could not be flushed. However, they tried to resolve the matter by providing us a pail for flushing. Overall, we had a wonderful stay. Thank you for making our stay a pleasant one.
We stayed at Bajo Sunsets for 2 nights and booked one night extra, since we were pleased with the price/quality ratio we got. We paid about 21 EUR per night (it was a Booking.com discount I believe) and got a clean & comfy room for it. Bathroom could be cleaner but that’s a feedback I have for almost every hotel in Indonesia of this price range. Breakfast was also very nice, with a great view over the bay. The swimming pool is very refreshing on top and the sunset from the hotel is simply stunning.
Some other downsides/improvement points:
- The hostel is next to a fish market, which for one or another reason also takes the function of a mosque when it comes to the chanting of prayer time. So be prepared to wake up at 4.30 AM and to get back to sleep.
- WiFi in the ground floor rooms is very poor (sometimes non-existenting) and doesn’t get great in the shared ‘lobby’ either.
- Staff doesn’t come across as very warm & caring (maybe due to the lack of English expertise). But they do whatever you ask so that’s the most important.
So all in all, good value for money and would definitely recommend to everyone who is OK with the downsides.
Clean, cheap and basic accommodation. Stayed in private room.Mosquito netting and air conditioning. Some private rooms with fans and air conditioning. Bathrooms meh.
Friendly staff. Some food offered and it’s not bad.
Great value. I would stay here again.
We stayed two nights at Bajo Sunset. The staff were really great and helpful. They recommended where to eat, got up super early in the morning to cook us breakfasts, and were always smiling. The room has a fan, aircon, and mosquito nets. The only drawback is the music from a nearby bar, but we were so tired from long days of adventure that we fell asleep even with the music! And it ends at midnight.
We stayed at the Bajo Sunset Hostel for two nights (one on either end of a 3 day/2 night boat trip). It was perfect for our needs.
- good location on a quiet road but only a 10 min walk to the middle of town or a 5 min walk to the fish market and pier
- friendly and helpful staff (arranged transit to the airport on our last day, easy check in, accommodated early check in without an issue, provided band aids when I hurt my toe as we were leaving)
- delicious breakfast (coffee came in an individual French press and was one of the best breakfast coffees on the trip)
- room was clean with a big locker for valuables and a comfy bed
- bathroom was simple but clean
- great WiFi connection
- amazing sunset view from the restaurant
Note that the property is being updated so there is some construction going on but it never bothered us or woke us up.