We booked the King Double and stayed 4 nights at the hotel.
What we liked:
- Friendly and helpful staff. Front desk staff can speak English well.
- Room. Spacious and clean. Plenty of space and luggage can be stored under the bed. Basic amenities are provided.
- Complimentary breakfast.
- In a quiet neighbourhood. There are many eateries around.
- There's a mini-mart just right outside the hotel. There's also a 7-11 few minutes walk away. Lawson is about 5-10mins walk, if you need to buy tickets to attractions such as the Fujiko F Fujio Museum. The staff there is happy to help with the ticket machine.
- The hotel is close to a number of train stations: If I remember correctly, it is near Exit 1 for Kodemmacho Station; Exit A3 for Bakuroyokoyama/Higashi-Nihombashi station. (I think Bakuroyokoyama and Higashi-Nihombashi are connected but on different platforms). If you're using the Bakuroyokoyama/Higashi-Nihombashi station, and need lifts/elevators, you can use Exits A4 or B1. Please double check with staff at station.
- Computer facilities.
- Laundry facilities.
Things to note:
- You can sign up as member for a fee on the spot and enjoy the member discounts.
- Guests are not allowed to leave luggage before check-in/after check-out overnight. However you may be able to book a room and pay a discounted fee to have your luggage stored in the room. We paid around 2,000-2,500 Yen to store 6 pieces of luggage for a night. The staff was happy to "check out" for us the next day and moved our luggage to reception for storage. This saved us having to lug around 6 pieces of luggage to Hakone and back. Storage lockers at train stations normally charge around 300-600 Yen per locker per day.
- There are two other Toyoko Inns in the vicinity so double check your GPS/maps. The first Toyoko Inn you see may not be the one you want!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC