Most Popular Beach Resorts in the World
Ocean views, beachside dining, cooling breeze...what more could you ask for?
Discover the most popular destinations for the world's beach resorts
Discover the most popular destinations for the world's beach resorts
Popular Continents and Regions
- EuropeFrom the mighty fjords in the north to the ancient Greek ruins in the south, all the way to the volcanic Azores in the west and the monumental architecture in the east, Europe's unique blend of history, landscapes, and cultures must be seen to be believed.
- ThailandThailand is a country of many contrasting facets, with glorious beaches as well as forests, jungles and mountains. Whether you want to swim, sunbathe or explore the wildlife, a family holiday in Thailand will never be dull.If you're looking for seaside relaxation, visit the beaches and bay of Hat Karon in Phuket with sand dunes and palm trees. The island of Ko Tao has coral reefs and is the place to go if you want to learn to dive, but you can also go mountain biking or just sunbathe on the beach. The Royal Barge National Museum in Bangkok houses several barges built for Thailand's kings; the beautifully detailed carving is quite breathtaking. Doi Suthep-Doi Pui National Park in Chiang Mai has a wealth of flowering plants and ferns as well as three hundred species of birds. If you're in the mood for a quiet spot, try the town of Sangkhlaburi; from there you can set off on an elephant trek or jungle tour. For mountains and forests, visit the north-western province of Mai Hong Son.
- CambodiaSet your own pace by cycling through Khmer ruins at Angkor Wat or pedaling the banks of the mighty Mekong. Trek off the beaten path on eco-adventures through the Cardamom Mountains, southern tropical islands or crater lakes of the remote northeast. Add urban adventure and hire a "motodop" taxi in Siem Reap.
- PeruFrom the remoteness of Peru’s Andes Mountains to the unexplored territories of its Amazon rain forest, the country holds a mysticism all its own. It’s the motherland of the Inca civilization and home to Machu Picchu, alpaca products, and more than 4,000 types of native potatoes.
- VietnamThe jungles and monsoon forests of Vietnam are diverse ecosystems that are alive with unique wildlife. Trekking is a popular activity here, particularly the mountains of Sapa and the primeval landscape of Cuc Phuong National Park. For a more urban escape, take a guided food tour of Ho Chi Minh City, making sure to squeeze in visits to the historic Hoi Truong Thong Nhat palace and the intricately adorned Emperor Jade Pagoda.
- South KoreaWhile only 60 years ago South Korea was considered a developing country, it’s now one of Asia’s economic and cultural leaders. Super-chic Seoul combines modernism with ancient history; coastal Busan serves up rugged beach spots; and Jeju Island wows with volcanic landscapes and towering mountains.
- FijiIf it wasn’t soothing enough already, Fiji offers an enticing array of distinctive relaxation options. Traditional Fijian Bobo massage, a healing blend of massage and local nut oils, Duavata island-style four-handed massage and Thalgo therapy mud and algae wraps top enticing local treatment options.
- ChinaThe grand story of China features a great wall, a forbidden city, and a few thousand Terracotta warriors. Settings include the sci-fi skyline of Shanghai, the jutting peaks of Zhangjiajie, and the tropical beaches of Hainan, but the tale of this ancient kingdom began long ago.
- IndonesiaFrom the idyllic beaches of Bali to the chaotic melting pot of Jakarta, Indonesia is a diverse Southeast Asian gem. West Java and Sumatra are home to some of the most beautiful tropical forests in the world – perfect for jungle trekking. The Prambanan collection of Hindu temples in Yogyakarta will astound you with their architecture and aura of spirituality. Capital city Jakarta is a cultural and political hub that’s jam-packed with museums, performing arts centers, and traditional food stalls.
- MalawiSafari on horseback, in a 4 x 4, on foot or by boat to take in Malawi's nine national parks and wildlife reserves, encompassing highlands and marshes. Lake Malawi attracts boaters, fishing enthusiasts, water skiers and snorkelers to its clear, fresh waters that house more than 400 fish species.
- Hong Kong美味點心、島嶼還有獨特的城市天際線，就是香港的獨特魅力所在。想要看看傳統的中式建築，那麼去昂坪市集準沒錯。逛完市集之後，你可乘搭電車到太平山山頂，欣賞無與倫比的美景。南蓮園池的石陣以及平緩的丘陵，能平息你的煩躁心情。不妨也到赤柱咖啡廳喝杯茶，也同樣具有平緩心情的效果。在靜諡的志蓮淨苑細細品味四周景色，相信你一定也能體會出佛教的禪理。
- IzmirA cultural hub where elegant mosques and traditional bazaars dot the palm-lined boulevards and ancient Greek ruins look down from the hilltops, Turkey’s third-largest city, Izmir, has plenty to offer cruise visitors en route to nearby Ephesus.
- Davao CityDavao City is a gateway to Mindanos, one of the Philippines’ largest islands, and home to Mt. Apo, one of the highest mountains in the archipelago. In Davao City, lovers of durian can eat their fill beneath a sculpture dedicated to the pungent fruit.
- Los Angeles喜歡電影的旅客，千萬別錯過荷里活喔。你可以到電影製片廠參觀、到中國戲院前面的大道摸摸明星們的手印，或是到洛杉磯最受追捧的幾個夜店，一睹巨星風采。到 The Grove 購物，說不定可以看到你最喜歡的明星；不想碰運氣等待明星出現的話，可以直接到保羅蓋帝中心欣賞曠世巨作。如果想來點不一樣的追星之旅，那就得去葛瑞菲斯天文台，用天文望遠鏡觀星吧。
- Kota Kinabalu哥打京那巴魯 (Kota Kinabalu) 是婆羅洲島著名的京那巴魯國家公園集散地。國家公園內的最高點是高達 13400 英尺的金納布拉山 (Kinabula)，這亦是馬來西亞的最高峰、登山客的聖地。而克羅克山脈國家公園 (Crocker Range National Park) 則全長 90 英里，讓旅客盡享驚險刺激的叢林徒步旅行和露營。
- Pondicherry朋迪榭里 (Pondicherry) 的九重葛、宏偉華美的大教堂，以及草木茂盛的大道等，可能會讓你以為自己並非在前法國殖民地，而是置身於法國南部。不過，這裡的確是印度，更有五彩繽紛的節慶、著名的阿伊曼達帕姆紀念碑，以及斯里奧羅賓多阿什拉姆。寧靜的海灘從城鎮北部一路延伸到南部，很適合游泳，或在日出時散步。
- Puerto PrincesaPuerto Princesa’s claim to fame goes way beyond its swanky beach resorts and dolphin-watching cruises. The UNESCO-listed Underground River wows visitors with its low-hanging stalagmites and stalactites, and a cave that—due to its sheer size and rock formations resembling religious figures—is likened to a cathedral.
- Hoi An會安位於越南中部海岸，是 15 到 19 世紀的東南亞重要的貿易港口之一，如今仍保存完好。這裡早已在背包客之間口耳相傳，如今也是觀光客眾所皆知的旅遊地點。在農曆每個月的 14 日，小鎮會將電燈換成傳統的彩色燈籠，而這裡的名勝分別有日本廊橋 (Japanese Covered Bridge) 和關公廟 (Quan Cong Temple)。不妨也拜訪城裡一流的裁縫師傅，讓他們為你精心縫製幾套服裝吧。
- Montego BayJamaica’s most energetic city, Montego Bay is both a raucous spring-break party town and a destination for those seeking a more low-key adventure. Known equally for its duty-free shopping, clear-water snorkeling, diverse nightlife and natural beauty, Montego Bay makes for a perfect Jamaican weekend getaway.
- Karon卡隆海灘總長將近三英里，可說是綿延不絕。想要在海灘上盡情伸展肢體的話，這裡就可以滿足你的願望。TripAdvisor 旅客表示，在這裡潛水真的是非常精彩。記得要一家大小來，因為卡隆也是個適合不同年齡出遊的度假勝地。
- BaliBali is a living postcard, an Indonesian paradise that feels like a fantasy. Soak up the sun on a stretch of fine white sand, or commune with the tropical creatures as you dive along coral ridges or the colorful wreck of a WWII war ship. On shore, the lush jungle shelters stone temples and mischievous monkeys. The “artistic capital” of Ubud is the perfect place to see a cultural dance performance, take a batik or silver-smithing workshop, or invigorate your mind and body in a yoga class.
- Jeju IslandWhere else can you find an azalea-framed volcano to climb, a sisterhood of deep-divers, and ancient stone statues on which to make wishes? Jeju Island. A favourite with newlyweds (and K-drama fans), this popular retreat is also home to miles of golden beaches, winding coastal trails, and Jeju Waterworld, the area’s largest water park. No matter what your fancy, one thing is for certain: a day of sightseeing isn’t complete without enjoying some of the isle’s delicious raw seafood and famed barbecued black pork.
- Palawan Island巴拉望猶如天堂，到處都有美麗的島嶼風光，以及充滿異國風情的野生動物、寧靜的小漁村，此外，這裡也是 UNESCO 的世界遺產之一。你可以前往 Calauit Game 野生動物保護區觀察瀕臨絕種的稀有動物，或者也可以去科隆島潛水，看看這個有世界上最精彩的潛水地點，同時尋找日本沉船所在地。你亦可以參加普林塞薩港地下河 (Puerto Princesa Underground River) 之旅，保證讓你畢生難忘。
- Phuket布吉島猶如七色彩虹般璀璨耀眼，你可以盡情欣賞藍色的潟湖、粉色的日落，以及身著橙色袈裟的僧侶。三輪電單車、的士、巴士和長尾船，絡繹不絕地將遊客載往這些令人驚嘆的奇景。布吉島南方海岸有著最受歡迎的熱門海灘。相較之下，北方海岸則顯得寧靜得多。PP 島、攀牙灣和巴東海灘皆是熱門景點。潛水、浮潛、風帆和帆船等豐富的戶外活動任君選擇。此外還有陸地、翠鬱的山丘、高山和懸崖靜待你深入探險。
- LuzonThe biggest island in the Philippines, Luzon is also one of the most diverse—it’s where mountain peaks and volcanoes meet miles of coastline, and indigenous culture melds with Spanish colonial history. You can relax at the beach in Pagudpud, hike with locals up the Batad Rice Terraces, ride in a horse-drawn carriage in Vigan, and snack on street food and dance the night away in Manila. You’ll need a few days and a bus pass, but you’ll be glad you stayed.
- MaldivesWant to make your co-workers insanely jealous? Just casually drop "I’m holiday making in the Maldives this year" into conversation, preferably in the dead of winter. Or better yet, go there without mentioning it to anyone—then send them a "Wish you were here!" postcard.
- SantoriniGlamourous Santorini is deliciously different. Geographical newness is in part to thank. The island’s popular black volcanic Perissa and Kamari beaches are big draws, as is its arguably most famous Red Beach near Akrotiri (which is the place to go for archaeology buffs). Santorini curves round a giant lagoon in the Cyclades islands, offering stunning views from sky-high towns, eclectic cuisine, lovely galleries, thriving nightlife and excellent wines.
- Penang IslandFamed throughout Asia for its heady mix of eastern cultures, Penang Island is Malaysia’s prime melting pot. Roadside vendors serve some of the world’s best street food; its national parks offer white-sand beaches and wildlife; and UNESCO-listed George Town is full of colorful heritage houses.
- Sentosa Island聖淘沙島有高爾夫球場、多個主題景點，如果想要冒險，也可以雇用遊艇前往深海區，不管是情侶還是闔家出遊，都非常適合。如果是來度蜜月的新婚夫妻，也可以選擇在座落於海灘上的度假村下榻，一享浪漫的金黃沙灘或陰鬱雨林的優美景色。在聖淘沙島，其中一個最受歡迎的度假村就是新加坡環球影城度假村 (Universal Studios' Singapore)。在這裡不但有刺激的雲霄飛車、遊樂設施，還可以搭乘遊園列車參觀整座影城。如果喜歡冒險，你也可以試試水下世界 (Underwater World)，這裡不但可以乘船欣賞鯊魚，還可以與海豚共泳。
- CozumelOne of the top diving destinations in the world for its bright storybook coral reefs, the island of Cozumel is also home to a variety of natural beaches. Choose a beach with soft white sand for relaxing, or snorkel off a rockier vista. A destination for both adventure and romance, Cozumel has a year-round Caribbean climate, untrammeled jungle and abundant nightlife.
- AitutakiThis small island encased in a triangular barrier reef boasts incredible lagoons. Relax with a intimate picnic on the alabaster beach of one of Aitutaki’s minor islands, uninhabited and lined with swaying palm trees. Despite its heartbreaking beauty, Aitutaki isn’t (yet) flooded with tourists, due to its relatively difficult-to-reach location. For off-the-beaten-sandbar holiday-making, Aitutaki is a prime destination, especially for those seeking unbridled romantic ambiance.
Best Beach Resorts
Find Beach Resorts in these other favorite destinations
Frequently Asked Questions about Beach Resorts
- A beach resort is a vacation destination that offers beachfront accommodations, various amenities, and recreational water activities, all set along a beautiful coastline for guests to enjoy a relaxing and entertaining seaside experience.
- Some of the most popular destinations for beach resorts include the pristine shores of the Maldives, the vibrant coastline of Cancun, Mexico, and the stunning beaches of Bali, Indonesia. These destinations offer the perfect mix of relaxation, adventure, and luxury for all types of travelers.
- Beach resorts often boast unique amenities such as beachfront access, water sport rentals, and on-site dining options offering fresh seafood and tropical cocktails, all designed to enhance your seaside relaxation and enjoyment.
- At beach resorts, you can enjoy a variety of activities such as swimming, sunbathing, beach volleyball, surfing, snorkeling, and indulging in water sports, as well as relaxing at beachfront bars and restaurants.
- Beach resorts are typically located near the beach, but not all of them are positioned directly on the beachfront. Some resorts may be a short walk or drive away from the beach, offering easy access to the shoreline while still providing various amenities and ocean views.