Most Popular Family Resorts in the World
Everything you need for a fun family holiday in one place.
Discover the most popular destinations for the world's family resorts
Discover the most popular destinations for the world's family resorts
Popular Continents and Regions
- EuropeFrom the mighty fjords in the north to the ancient Greek ruins in the south, all the way to the volcanic Azores in the west and the monumental architecture in the east, Europe's unique blend of history, landscapes, and cultures must be seen to be believed.
- ThailandThailand is a country of many contrasting facets, with glorious beaches as well as forests, jungles and mountains. Whether you want to swim, sunbathe or explore the wildlife, a family holiday in Thailand will never be dull.If you're looking for seaside relaxation, visit the beaches and bay of Hat Karon in Phuket with sand dunes and palm trees. The island of Ko Tao has coral reefs and is the place to go if you want to learn to dive, but you can also go mountain biking or just sunbathe on the beach. The Royal Barge National Museum in Bangkok houses several barges built for Thailand's kings; the beautifully detailed carving is quite breathtaking. Doi Suthep-Doi Pui National Park in Chiang Mai has a wealth of flowering plants and ferns as well as three hundred species of birds. If you're in the mood for a quiet spot, try the town of Sangkhlaburi; from there you can set off on an elephant trek or jungle tour. For mountains and forests, visit the north-western province of Mai Hong Son.
- VietnamThe jungles and monsoon forests of Vietnam are diverse ecosystems that are alive with unique wildlife. Trekking is a popular activity here, particularly the mountains of Sapa and the primeval landscape of Cuc Phuong National Park. For a more urban escape, take a guided food tour of Ho Chi Minh City, making sure to squeeze in visits to the historic Hoi Truong Thong Nhat palace and the intricately adorned Emperor Jade Pagoda.
- ItalyFrom the silvery crests of the Alps to the sparkling Mediterranean Sea, Italy’s beauty is unparalleled. A visit could mean marveling at the Colosseum after a tender plate of pasta, or drifting lazily down a canal, your belly full of local Sangiovese. Explore Tuscan vineyards and olive groves or drool over boutiques in fashionable Milan. Look for mermaids from the cliffs of Sorrento or nibble on Parma’s famous cheese and prosciutto. Anywhere you choose, the country will captivate you.
- CroatiaCroatia has had a turbulent history but is establishing itself as an exciting destination great for all the family. Among other things, you may not be aware that the small Central European country pioneered fountain pens and invented the necktie. Aside from the pub trivia side of things, however, Croatia is a fantastic country steeped in history, and benefiting from the hot summers and mild winters of a Mediterranean climate.
- SeychellesSailing, diving, fishing and relaxing are the main activities for visitors to the 115 islands of this Indian Ocean archipelago. Mahé, Praslin and La Digue are the most popular islands. Mahé boasts 65 silver beaches, plus an array of restaurants, cafés, bars and casinos in the tiny capital, Victoria. The Seychelles are home to UNESCO-designated sites, coral atoll Aldabra and Vallée de Mai, called the Garden of Eden. Creole is the main language, but English and French are widely spoken.
- PhilippinesWith more than 7,000 islands consisting of rice paddies, volcanos, mega-metropolises, world-class surf spots, and endemic wildlife, the Philippines is one of the most dazzling and diverse countries in all of Asia. Not to mention, it’s home to some of the world’s best beaches, too.
- GambiaThis small country in western Africa has become more popular recently as a beach destination for European travelers. It’s a relatively short flight, there’s no time difference, and lodging is generally very affordable. River Island National Park in Banjul is fantastic for watching wildlife (especially the native baboons).
- JapanIn the Land of the Rising Sun, ancient temples sit alongside neon wonderlands and shinto shrines offer pockets of peace amid metropolises. Add tea ceremonies, snow monkeys, sushi, kimonos, and karaoke to the mix, and you’ve got one of the world’s most fascinating countries.
- FijiIf it wasn’t soothing enough already, Fiji offers an enticing array of distinctive relaxation options. Traditional Fijian Bobo massage, a healing blend of massage and local nut oils, Duavata island-style four-handed massage and Thalgo therapy mud and algae wraps top enticing local treatment options.
- CambodiaSet your own pace by cycling through Khmer ruins at Angkor Wat or pedaling the banks of the mighty Mekong. Trek off the beaten path on eco-adventures through the Cardamom Mountains, southern tropical islands or crater lakes of the remote northeast. Add urban adventure and hire a "motodop" taxi in Siem Reap.
- MalaysiaMalaysia is a beautifully complex vacation destination, a land where ancient rainforests give way to multicultural city life. Capital city Kuala Lumpur is visually defined by the iconic Petronas Twin Towers, while in charming Melaka the vibe is more quaint and historical. Many of the country’s national parks offer opportunities for fantastic whitewater rafting, and the exclusive Sipadan dive site (off the east coast of Borneo) is among the best in the world.
- Hong Kong美味點心、島嶼還有獨特的城市天際線，就是香港的獨特魅力所在。想要看看傳統的中式建築，那麼去昂坪市集準沒錯。逛完市集之後，你可乘搭電車到太平山山頂，欣賞無與倫比的美景。南蓮園池的石陣以及平緩的丘陵，能平息你的煩躁心情。不妨也到赤柱咖啡廳喝杯茶，也同樣具有平緩心情的效果。在靜諡的志蓮淨苑細細品味四周景色，相信你一定也能體會出佛教的禪理。
- Bangkok金黃色的宮殿、水上市場、雄偉的圓形陶瓷屋頂…這不就是夢幻仙境了嗎？ 不，這是泰國的首都曼谷，共分成 50 區。你可以前水門或暹羅廣場瘋狂購物，然後再去 Dusit 的歐式花園好好放鬆一下。Thon Buri 最知名的就是鄭王廟 (Wat Arun)，如果想到臥佛寺 (Wat Pho) 參觀大臥佛，就要去 Phra Nakhon。你亦可以在參觀大皇宮 (Grand Palace) 之前，先去路邊攤買一盤芒果糯米，邊吃邊欣賞建築之美。
- Da Nang峴港是一座既悠閒又友善的城市，這可能是因為你所遇到的人，剛好都享用過美味的大餐，因而心情大好。在這裡展開美食之旅是實際體驗當地風味的絕佳方式。此外，在街邊吃過粄條湯與開胃小食後，不妨散散步，探索五行山 (Marble Mountains) 的鐘乳石洞和石窟寺，藉此消除飽脹感。
- Hua Hin華欣 (Hua Hin) 深受曼谷居民喜愛，是一處美麗的海濱度假勝地。這裡沒有喧囂的通宵派對，適合一家大細渡假，或想要放鬆身心的旅客。亦因為這裡氣氛恬靜，這裡的海灘最適合讓旅客沉殿心靈、安靜享受。華欣過去只是一個小漁港，之後搖身一變，成為皇室欽點的度假村，亦正因如此，華欣仍能保有寧靜、悠閒的小鎮風情，不至於淪落為一般庸俗的觀光城市。
- PattayaA visit to Pattaya is a wonderful way to explore the beaches along the Gulf of Thailand. Relaxed and family-friendly Jomtien Beach is a hot spot for watersports and seaside massages. The giant Buddha of Wat Khao Phra Bat keeps watch over the city, and the wooden Wang Boran Sanctuary of Truth pays homage to Buddhist and Hindu art and architecture. At night, tons of bars and strip clubs attract an adults-only crowd.
- Chiang MaiYou could spend your whole Chiang Mai holiday exploring the famous Night Bazaar. Once you’ve exhausted the art of the cheerful haggle, however, there’s plenty more to explore. The National Museum and Botanic Garden are great places to soak up some local culture and to breathe in the delicate fragrance of Thai orchids. In the city’s centre, the remains of ancient walls embrace over 30 temples. Limber travellers can climb 300 stairs to Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep, an ornate Buddhist temple in the hills.
- Ubud烏布村落群的峇厘式按摩和 SPA 休閒勝地遠近馳名，眾多旅客趨之若騖。指壓療法、反射區按摩、牽張伸展與芳香療法是本島獨特的按摩療程的主力推介，讓你放鬆心神同時又有肌膚緊緻的效果。烏布也是峇厘島藝文活動的活躍中心，眾多博物館與畫廊亦座落於此，是一個五臟俱全的文化寶庫。附近的猴園 (Monkey Forest Park) 自然保護區是數百隻頑皮長尾獼猴的棲息地。千萬別錯過聖泉廟 (Gunung Kawi)，讓你眺望座落於美麗山谷的祭壇。
- Karon卡隆海灘總長將近三英里，可說是綿延不絕。想要在海灘上盡情伸展肢體的話，這裡就可以滿足你的願望。TripAdvisor 旅客表示，在這裡潛水真的是非常精彩。記得要一家大小來，因為卡隆也是個適合不同年齡出遊的度假勝地。
- Malaga馬拉加是畢卡索的出生地，也是立體派藝術的起源地。這是世界上最古老的城市之一，由腓尼基人於 8 世紀建造。當然，馬拉加也是藝術之都，這裡有許多玻璃和水晶藝品、經典老車、現代藝術的展覽，當然也有畢卡索作品展。你也可以沿著有香蕉樹和美麗噴泉的 Paseo del Parque 漫步前行，就可以抵達古城區，別忘了要去西班牙小酒館好好喝上一杯喔。
- KandyRising around a scenic lake, UNESCO-listed Kandy is home to sacred landmarks, landscaped gardens, and cultural museums. Beyond the city, a cloudy forest and tropical plantations roll across the mountain slopes providing plenty of hiking and wildlife-watching opportunities, while upscale resorts line the Mahaweli River.
- Halong Bay旅客來到下龍灣 (Halong Bay)，就是為了近距離欣賞鬼斧神工的石灰岩島、岩層和洞穴。歷經數世紀風吹雨打的淬煉，這些地形令人讚嘆連連。你可以選擇租一艘獨木舟或帆船，或跟隨導覽參觀。
- El Nido如果你能住在建在高蹺上的水上小屋，為什麼還要委屈自己住在海濱酒店？ 如果你能在蘭花環繞的潟湖裡浮潛，又為什麼要委屈自己選擇過時的潛點？ 愛妮島又稱為菲律賓最後的處女地，如果你正在尋找未受破壞的美麗海灘，那麼這裡就是你度假的好去處。
- Nha Trang芽莊最知名的就是這裡美麗的沙灘。不過這裡還有遊樂園、洗泥浴、哥爾夫球場，還有充滿歷史風情的佔婆族遺址，以及各種酒店和餐廳選擇。如果識食客想要冒險嘗試新東西，不妨來一道用旗魚和水母做成的當地料理 Bun Cha Ca。
- PetoskeyPetoskey, sitting on the shores of Lake Michigan, has been a popular vacation spot for decades. Earnest Hemingway spent the first 18 summers of his life sailing and fishing on nearby Walloon Lake, and the area features prominently in several of his stories. The Little Traverse History Museum shows how the Petoskey area was a formative influence on young Hemingway. The area is also a well known winter destination, with three popular ski resorts featuring everything from dog sled rides to tubing.
- ChikmagalurDeep in the foothills of the Western Ghats, Chikmagalur draws in-the-know travellers in search of a green getaway. Located close to the region’s hilltop temples, coffee plantations, and national parks, the district capital's biggest surprise is that it's retained its off-the-beaten-path ambience.
- Coron科隆 (Coron) 是絕佳的冒險基地，尤其對想要在 1940 年代日本沈船殘骸之間潛水的水下探險愛好者來說，更是如此。你也可以在嚮導帶領下泛舟遊覽紅樹林風光，或是到阿瓦揚海灘 (Atwayan Beach) 打場沙灘排球，順便練練你的扣球絕技。你還可以到叢林健行、騎馬遊覽和來個島嶼露營，進一步滿足對極致戶外體驗的渴望。
- North Rhine-WestphaliaThe most populous (with 18 million people) and westernmost (bordering Belgium and the Netherlands) of Germany's federal states, North Rhine-Westphalia is one of Europe's most highly industrialized areas, with an impressive 30 cities of more than 100,000. Cologne is the district's biggest city, and the capital is Dusseldorf. Bonn, the former capital of West Germany, is also here. All three are part of the Rhine-Ruhr region of nearly 12 million people, one of Europe's biggest metropolitan areas.
- OklahomaWith hundreds of man-made lakes, state parks, casinos, museums and nightlife and dining opportunities in revitalized downtown areas in Oklahoma City and Tulsa, there is a lot to see and do in the Sooner State. The state is dotted with phenomenal lakes where swimming, boating and bass fishing are the most desired activities. Some of the state’s most popular lakes include Broken Bow Lake located near the Quachita Mountains; Grand Lake in the northeastern corner of the state at the foothills of the Ozark Mountains and Lake Murray in the hills in the southern part of the state. While the state is known for its many outdoor activities like great fishing, golf, hiking, canoeing and boating, make sure you don’t overlook its fantastic museums. Heading the list are Gilcrease Museum in Tulsa, featuring the world’s largest collection of art and artifacts from the American West; the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, which tells the story of the American Cowboy; and the Oklahoma City Museum of Art, which has a permanent collection of American and European art. A venerable family favourite activity is Frontier City Amusement Park in Oklahoma City, which has dozens of rides and shows.
- MaldivesWant to make your co-workers insanely jealous? Just casually drop "I’m holiday making in the Maldives this year" into conversation, preferably in the dead of winter. Or better yet, go there without mentioning it to anyone—then send them a "Wish you were here!" postcard.
- Cebu IslandFrom the cosmopolitan metropolis of Cebu City and the white-sand beaches of Mactan to the electric-blue waters of Kawasan Falls and the whale sharks of Oslob, it’s easy to see why Cebu Island is one of the Philippines’ top destinations.
- Isla MujeresIsla Mujeres offers a wide variety of tempting options for beach lovers, and is a relative bargain. Snorkel with tropical fish amid coral reefs, skim the blue waters by kayak or boat, or windsurf along the shores of soft, sandy beaches. On land, you can sunbathe, dine on seafood, dance to Latin rhythms, tour on a moped or belly up to the bar for fresh, delicious drinks.
- Bintan Island民丹島 (Bintan Island)廣受打哥爾夫球之人士喜愛，皆因價格便宜，地點方便，而且遠離喧鬧，是全星加坡最適合打高球的地方。搭船前往民丹島各個目的地，大概需時 1 至 2 小時。到達以後可以隨意選一個海灘舒閒地渡過，也可以在島內郊遊、騎四輪車參加 ATV Night，或去大象公園騎大象。民丹島由兩個市組成，旅客前往的目的都是為美麗的大自然而來。
- Palawan Island巴拉望猶如天堂，到處都有美麗的島嶼風光，以及充滿異國風情的野生動物、寧靜的小漁村，此外，這裡也是 UNESCO 的世界遺產之一。你可以前往 Calauit Game 野生動物保護區觀察瀕臨絕種的稀有動物，或者也可以去科隆島潛水，看看這個有世界上最精彩的潛水地點，同時尋找日本沉船所在地。你亦可以參加普林塞薩港地下河 (Puerto Princesa Underground River) 之旅，保證讓你畢生難忘。
- Bora BoraA lush gem presided over by two towering peaks, Bora Bora makes quite a first impression. Admire the turquoise lagoon from the perimetre road that traces its 19-mile circumference. There is a bounty of activities packed into this small space. Get your feet wet at the Lagoonarium, the Diving Centre, the Coral Gardens or the Leopard Rays Trench. After an energetic day, contemplate these watery wonders from the lofty heights of 2300-foot Mount Otemanu or while strolling through palm-studded Matira Point.
- Langkawi蘭卡威一共由 140 座島嶼組成，不過其中有住人的卻只有幾座島嶼而已。在這一片群島之中，面積比較大的就是蘭卡威島，這座島因為有生態豐富的自然保護區，而獲 UNESCO 選為世界地質公園。如果要體驗這裡多采多姿的豐富生態，最好的辦法就是爬上架在雨林上方的蘭卡威天空之橋 (Langkawi Sky Bridge)，從上往下看最是清楚。想要感受涼快氣氛，或是想要躲開偷竊成性的猴子群，最好的方是就是到名字十分有趣的淡水湖 ─ 懷孕少女 (Pregnant Maiden) 浸泡一下。
- BaliBali is a living postcard, an Indonesian paradise that feels like a fantasy. Soak up the sun on a stretch of fine white sand, or commune with the tropical creatures as you dive along coral ridges or the colorful wreck of a WWII war ship. On shore, the lush jungle shelters stone temples and mischievous monkeys. The “artistic capital” of Ubud is the perfect place to see a cultural dance performance, take a batik or silver-smithing workshop, or invigorate your mind and body in a yoga class.
- LuzonThe biggest island in the Philippines, Luzon is also one of the most diverse—it’s where mountain peaks and volcanoes meet miles of coastline, and indigenous culture melds with Spanish colonial history. You can relax at the beach in Pagudpud, hike with locals up the Batad Rice Terraces, ride in a horse-drawn carriage in Vigan, and snack on street food and dance the night away in Manila. You’ll need a few days and a bus pass, but you’ll be glad you stayed.
- Sentosa Island聖淘沙島有高爾夫球場、多個主題景點，如果想要冒險，也可以雇用遊艇前往深海區，不管是情侶還是闔家出遊，都非常適合。如果是來度蜜月的新婚夫妻，也可以選擇在座落於海灘上的度假村下榻，一享浪漫的金黃沙灘或陰鬱雨林的優美景色。在聖淘沙島，其中一個最受歡迎的度假村就是新加坡環球影城度假村 (Universal Studios' Singapore)。在這裡不但有刺激的雲霄飛車、遊樂設施，還可以搭乘遊園列車參觀整座影城。如果喜歡冒險，你也可以試試水下世界 (Underwater World)，這裡不但可以乘船欣賞鯊魚，還可以與海豚共泳。
- Zanzibar IslandThe Zanzibar Archipelago, located in the Indian Ocean 15 miles off the coast of Tanzania, is a breathtaking spot to escape from the world. You’ll enjoy clear, turquoise-blue water; shallow sandbars perfect for wading; and many small, nearly deserted islands virtually unvisited by tourists. Explore the World Heritage Site of Stone Town, Zanzibar City’s old quarter. Or just go beach to beach between tiny fishing villages—each one's better than the next.
- BoracayBoracay Island has reopened with new rules and regulations in place to protect the island from overdevelopment. Not all businesses were allowed to reopen. Please check with the Philippine Department of Tourism for details: http://www.tourism.gov.ph/
- MykonosIf the mention of Mykonos doesn’t immediately bring to mind bright white buildings, turquoise skies and tanned bodies lining golden sandy beaches, you’ve been living under a rock. The most popular Greek Island in the Aegean Sea is all about energy and attracts a diverse and upscale crowd that thrives on its stylish nightlife. During the day some privacy can be had in the more secluded north beaches, but the south beaches are all party. Ski, jet-ski, windsurf, horseback ride, parasail or just save up your energy for the evening ahead, like most of your fellow travellers in Mykonos.
- IbizaIbiza: Old Spanish for "party 'til you drop." Perhaps not literally, but this is definitely one of Europe's favourite nightlife playgrounds. Ibiza boasts more than 100 miles of coastline with some 50 beaches, plus plenty of restaurants, bars, and water sports—and clubs, of course. Fit in a little culture and visit Ibiza's UNESCO-designated old town.
- Nusa Lembongan沿著海岸一路走，Nusa Lembongan 的海風輕拂在臉上，就算是步行遊島，也讓人感覺神清氣爽，非常舒服。Nusa Lembongan 的自然美景更是美不勝收，其中有大片的紅樹林、海草農場，以及有著湛藍海水的 Jungut Batu 和夢幻海灘 (Dream Beach)。清澈湛藍的海水，最適合衝浪和浮潛。這個島與旁邊的 Nusa Ceningan 島有一條吊橋連接，旅客可以在夕陽西下時，從 Ceningan Ridge 前往這條吊橋，保證氣氛更浪漫醉人。
- MartiniqueThis Gallic toehold in the Caribbean exudes a distinctly French air, enticingly spiced up by West Indian warmth. Local culture and cuisine combine both influences. The stylish isle is dominated by Mount PelÃ©e, which destroyed the city of St Pierre in 1902. Black sand beaches and rainforests are found in the north, with yet more beautiful sands to the south. Sights include La Pagerie, birthplace of Napoleon's Empress JosÃ©phine, and Diamond Rock, a 600-foot pinnacle that was once registered as a British warship.
- CorsicaCorsica is a laid-back French island, with a breezy vibe that’s part European weekend and part tropical honeymoon. The port city of Bastia flings its arms wide open to weary travelers disembarking from a long ferry trip. For a truly charming Corsican experience, catch a train through the mountains to the beach, passing by rustic villages and grazing cows along the way. Take a few hours or even a few weeks to explore the island’s famous walking trails, including the varsity-level GR 20.
- TobagoThe smaller half of Trinidad and Tobago, the 116-square mile island is a top eco-tourism destination. Its rainforest has been protected since 1776. Kayak through mangrove swamps, mountain bike testing trails in the island's northeast, drift dive with manta rays and sharks, hike the Rainforest Reserve or take in the distinctive Tobago pursuits of goat and crab racing. Cars, taxis and "maxi taxi" minibuses make it easy to get around the island. Carnival sees this exuberant island at its most extroverted.
Best Family Resorts
Find Family Resorts in these other favorite destinations
Frequently Asked Questions about Family Resorts
- Yes, there are numerous family-friendly resorts around the world that offer "kids stay free" promotions, allowing your children to stay at no additional cost when sharing a room with you. Always check for the specific age requirements and restrictions at your chosen resort to ensure your kids can enjoy a complimentary stay.
- Kids resorts are specifically designed to cater to the unique needs and interests of young travelers, offering a wide range of age-appropriate activities, facilities, and entertainment options to create a fun and engaging vacation experience for the entire family.
- To pick the right family resort, consider your family's preferences in terms of activities, budget, and accommodations, and then research resorts that cater to those needs while also offering positive reviews and a safe, family-friendly environment.
- Absolutely! Family resorts cater to all ages, offering a variety of activities and entertainment options specifically designed for adults, such as spa treatments, fine dining, fitness classes, and adult-only pools or lounges.
- At family resorts, you can enjoy a wide range of activities such as swimming, playing sports, participating in organized games and events, exploring kid-friendly amenities, and engaging in family-focused entertainment options.