What travellers are saying
- Dear all
We have chosen Selius Park for a one day Safari trip duringbour stay in Zanzibar , because it was more closer to our hotel located in Nungwi region ; so after a 1 hour by car and another 1 hour by plane , started at 05:30 , we have landed in the jungle ( as if it would be one of Escobar’s landing trips ) at Selous Park .
It was truelly amazing trip , we have saw all the great 5 animals , a lot of others , but the ones to remember was the encounter with the lions and the one with the elefants ….
Everything was ephical due to the highly exeprienced and highly friendly tour guide & off roader Jay ( Will Smith of Africa ) and his help Harry Man ; we have felt to be special and he tried all the trails ofvthe Bushmanns in order to approfitate and to see as much animals in close encounters as possible …
Otherwise he was a great host also , bringing along for us Tea , Coffe and Food . We have enjoyed the trip and we have learned a lot about the African animals fun facts …
Great day , I am recommending also for famillies with children , everything is safe but with a great deal of adventure smell in the air !
In order to catch a littlebit the taste I will attach some photos taken during the trip ,
Cristian C.Written 22 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An easy hike from Morogoro. You basically don't need a car to reach hiking trails. Choma waterfalls might not be accessible due to villagers' conflict with the government.Written 31 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice waterfalls . You can swim and go under the falls.
Take a guide from the village and avoid rainy season .The hike is difficult and dangerous also. There is no permanent way to the waterfall and it changes ao a local person is necessary. Take water and eatables with you. Wear full sleeves and cover your body as there are bushes . Lifetime experience.Written 21 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent place for home groceries Shopping with Mini-Liquor store.
A place where you can enjoy Shopping your home needs.Written 4 July 2023
- We had a great time with Safari Partners. Edward was quick to respond to my queries and put together exactly what I asked for. Hamis picked us up in Arusha and was our driver through to Mikumi and then from Morogoro to Dar es Salaam. He is a very good driver and we appreciated his skills. Patrick is an experienced guide and we saw lions several times very close to the vehicle as well as elephants and other animals. We also appreciated his knowledge of the birds. Patrick drove us back to Morogoro and there was a wonderful surprise at the office arranged by Edward of a birthday cake and non-alcoholic bubbles to celebrate a special birthday as Patrick had told him it was my birthday. It was a wonderful highlight on top of an awesome day. More than all this though, we so appreciated Edward organising for us to stay at accommodation in a small town which was only possible because the person had used Edward’s services himself. Thanks so much Edward, Hamis and Patrick.Written 4 June 2023
- Me and my friend went for a two days hiking in Urugulu mountains. We visited Choma waterfalls, slept at Morningsite and reached the mountain peak. We were unlucky with the weather but Evans was super kind and helpful during the trip, we highly recommend it!Written 1 May 2023
- We were treated like real guests! The staff at Watu is a professional and helpful staff! We had safe transportation with Benson, and he was very knowledgeable about the animals and the habitats.Written 9 January 2021
- I highly recommend this company. We just came back from Zanzibar. They organized many trips and adventures for us. Whatever we came up with, they made it for us. Everything was great and safe. The best guides were Ali and Muhamad. Fair prices and kept everything we agreed on. Simply great. George from Slovakia.Written 13 July 2023
- We had a two-day-trek in the Uluguru mountains, sleeping one night at Morningsite. Everything was dealt with for us : great food, sleeping gear and a great guide, George.
We climbed Bondwa peak (ascent from Morogoro : 1500m), crossed several villages and could see how people use their steep land. We had very interesting conversations with George all through the walk... and were lucky enough to enjoy a great sunset.Written 3 August 2022
- It was our second time going on safari with tailspotters and once again we were not disappointed! We saw so many lions again including some up close and..ahem...intimate moments! Also saw two leopards including one setting up for a hunt- just magical. Santiago's experience and understanding of the animals behaviour means you get an incredible experience. Can only recommend!Written 24 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Morogoro
- The best day trips from Morogoro according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Full-Day Trip to Mikumi National Park from Dar es Salaam
- Day Trip to Mikumi National Park from Morogoro
- Mikumi National Park Walking And Game Drive Safari From Morogoro
- Mikumi National Park in a Day - A Day Tour from Morogoro
- A day trip to mikumi from morogoro
- The most popular things to do in Morogoro with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Morogoro on Tripadvisor
Morogoro Attractions Information
|Monday 3:35 am|