Top Attractions in Watamu
What travellers are saying
- Nice day boat trip to see the dolphins and go snorkeling in the Watamu Marine National Park .
After that thé boat brought us at an island were WE had lunch with seafood, very good food !
An extra tour in the mangroves was proposed.Written 7 November 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We did the full day Mida Creek adventure. The snorkeling and seeing the dolphins was great, the boatmen were great and friendly. Take a towel to sit on, as the hard wooden seats are uncomfortable after a while. Also not happy about using the common snorkel, that are washed in the sea water.
I was not impressed with the seafood lunch. I think there are different tours, so I can't say that applies to ALL the tours. If you don't eat seafood, don't do the lunch. Also there wasn't really enough food, it was adequate, but certainly not overly satisfying. Tiny little prawns, and small, small lobsters, the squid was not nice, hard and rubbery, and there were no accompaniments whatsoever. No salad, just a lump of what they called coconut rice and a veg sauce. And warm drinks.
Did not enjoy the village dancing after the lunch, it's ok for tourists, I suppose, but then comes the "magic box" which is for tips. Its awkward, and then the coffee guy offers you freshly ground coffee, and once you say yes, he charges you a 100/= for a teeny weeny plastic cup. RIP off!!
Next time I will do the half day trip and skip the lousy lunch.Written 29 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Fascinating experience! My family and I learned so much. Our guide was happy to answer all of our questions and kept our children (aged 15, 13, 11 and 9) engaged. Truly appreciate the work being performed by these biologts and workersWritten 17 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This important organization is working from the grassroots to address the challenge of turtle conservation. If you reach out to them, you may be able to organize a sunset visit to a nesting site that is expected to hatch. It is an experience of a lifetime.Written 14 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Watamu is a peaceful little gem, a hidden secret of white beaches, sweet local people, safe and so far mostly undiscovered, but certainly now attracting the luxury tourists in droves with a finesse for finer details, since the opening of Medina Palms.Written 7 June 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Fragolas team (Bambino and Wandera) were the BEST guides one can wish for. They know the área very well as they have been operating in these parks for years. They know where to find the animals and have very close relationship with other guides in the área to give heads Up of where to find the cool animals ;) we have been Lucky enough to see all kinds but the most unforgettable moments where at dawn when we Saw the Big look king or when we were less than 1m away from the female lying starting at your eyes before chasing an antílope for lunch... See attached pictures below
Thanks team for making us enjoy so much oír holdisys with you!!Written 31 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- What can I say, Safari con Samba was a once in a lifetime experience. We not only became good friends, but Samba made sure that our 7 day safari was the best experience it could be.
A well organised tour, Samba helped us organise our trip and give us tips and advice before we even got to Kenya. And after we met to start the safari the adventure began!
Safari in Kenya con Samba was fantastic. Samba is very friendly, the trip was very comfortable and with us on our trip was Freddy, our guide who was more than knowledgeable! We learned so much, laughed often and will be forever grateful to both Samba and Freddy for an unforgettable time.
We did a lot of research in the area of other tour companies and Samba’s was a very good price for by far the best package we could find.
An absolute must if you're looking for a tour company to go with and an unforgettable, personal experience!
I hope we see you again Samba and Freddy!
Thanks for everything!Written 26 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Was on vacation in watamu and we tried the Tsavo east safari. We really had an amaxing 2 days with Abdalla O garibaldi. He took his time to show us around and even went an etra mile to suprice us with an evening sunset at the mountains where we saw all the animal.
I will recommend Abdalla and am definitely coming back for more tours.Written 25 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We did a typical trip on a boat from Watamu, going towards a small area with coralls, searching and finding dolphins, landing on an atoll visbile when low tide is there. We relaxed and ate very tasting food in there. A very cool experience which differentiated from the other similar ones thanks to our guide,Beba.Written 7 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- super holiday! we were followed by christmas for the duration of our stay in Kenya! he made our holiday special with all the information and services he gave us! I recommend it to everybody! good worker and great friendWritten 13 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We stayed at Edden village hotel and we met Eddison on the beach. It was the best desicion to go on Safari with Eddison. He is a certified tour guide with a nice personality. Compared to the hotel, Eddison offered us a better price and services (staying inside the national park and showing us more places during our tour plus one day Safari blue - dolphins). The Safari was well managed by Eddison and we really enjoyed our tour. He put a maximum effort to see as many animals as possible. Furthermore, he took us to a primary school on the way back from Safari which was a great experience on top of that. On the beach we always could get back to him and he managed to figure out all our needs and wishes (stamps and shoes). Thank you very much Eddison for making our holliday very special. I hope to see you again. For all potential visitors, make sure you meet Eddison, he is trully the best. Cheers.Written 5 March 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I did two yoga classes, and found both to be great. It was in the beautiful room at Treehouse. It was at a good pace. There was a broad range of ages and experience in attendance. They offered fresh juice ay the end. They have a system for disinfecting the mats. Whether you stay at Treehouse or somewhere near by, I encourage this to be part of your holiday!Written 2 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The savana safari was amazing, as we were "lucky" to see many animals as lions, elephants, zebras, giraffes, hyppo and many others I do not know the names.
The lodge was very well situated to hear lions hunting and see many animals coming to drink water. We were also good to see crocodiles.
The Sardegna 2 marine safari was also splendid with royal lunch on the boath. I would only wish having spent more time in the corals bareer and swim.Written 29 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had 2 very enjoyfull days at and on the sea with our guide Baraka. We met Baraka at the sea side of our hotel Mawe resort and he took us on a very interesting and long discovery beach walk explaining and showing us all different sea life. We had a blast. We learned so much. Baraka is a wonderful guy and guide. Reason why we have decided to also go on a sea day trip with him the day after. Spotting dolphins, snorkling, seefood BBQ in the mangroves. Very nice dayWritten 1 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Watamu
- The best day trips from Watamu according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Day Trip - Tsavo East National Park ( Man Eater Lions of Tsavo & Other Big Five)
- Robinson island and Marafa hell's kitchen
- Humpback whale watching
- Tour Malindi & Robinson Island & Marafa Hell's Kitchen
- Wasini Swahili Day