Amusement & Theme Parks • Aquariums
Top Attractions in Main Beach
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Great day out, some rides were closed hence the 4 star review. The shows were great and very well done, the animals appeared happy. We visited all 3 parks with our multi pass and this was the only one we really enjoyed! Our 5 year old loved all of the park, come prepared with extra cloths if you end up at the far end of the park!Written 11 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a nice change from the theme parks - a natural wilderness track that runs from the entrance at Sea World down to the channel between the Southport Spit and South Stradbroke Island. You can walk along the paved Sea World drive and come back along the Federation Walk track as we did or take the track and then the beach with its long sand pumping jetty instead. (There appeared to be lifesaving patrols for some of it). There are sea views along the way from Sea World drive and, of course, the beach with the bush track giving dune views along the track. We saw bush turkeys along the way.
The Seaway Kiosk and Jetty is a nice coffee stop. Walking to the end of the Spit where the water is pouring in the channel with the ocean splashing against the rocks was a really worthwhile experience. We learnt that in the 1890s the sea broke through South Stradbroke Island here and created this channel. It was quite wild the day we went.Written 31 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sitting at the tavern, lovely cold beer, great water views and also a great place for people watching. Several great spots to eat or just have a coffee. Lots of free parking and plenty of shopping potential at marina mirage next doorWritten 15 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great shopping area down by the water. But its basically deserted due to Covid. But due to this there are some great bargains to be had. We scored a leather jacket reduced from $350 to $99.Written 16 March 2021
- Lovely, friendly service and prawns were so fresh. Highly recommend anyone wanting fresh or cooked prawns to head down .Written 19 August 2022
- A real pleasure to visit and view the variety of excellent artworks.
We are indeed fortunate to have such a quality galley in Tedder Avenue, Main Beach.Written 30 December 2021
- I got in with my 15yr old son and we had plenty of sharks and rays come under us as well as the turtle. It was truly an unforgettable part 2 of my b’day present.Written 6 July 2022
- At the non-ocean end of the Spit on the Federation Walk Coastal Reserve this park is the more manicured section with car parking, nearby toilets and views over both the channel between South Stradbroke Island and the Spit, as well as Wave Break Island and across to Broadwater on the mainland. It borders Connor Hurley Beach and offers pretty sea views. We saw this area when walking from Sea World along Seaworld Drive before continuing out onto the Spit and break wall and coming back via the Federation Walk Coastal Reserve.Written 31 May 2022
- Awesome beach and so close to other amenities such as showers and cafes… always patrolled and would highly recommend getting away from Surfers to this area !!Written 14 January 2022
- Interesting section for the little ones while you are on the theme park. There are some good rides for 3yo and above.Written 16 March 2021
- Happy, bright place for a cool off and such a great play space for young families.
Staying at the resort gave us the opportunity to enjoy this before the crowds descended.Written 25 January 2022
- Nicely done, it was a very calming and a pleasure to walk through. Both young and old/er family members enjoyed this display.Written 13 January 2022
- Visited on Monday 14th June. Plenty of parking and short walk to patrolled beach. We stopped there to check out Surfers Paradise skyline and Burleigh Heads in the distance.Written 6 August 2021
- This is a nice quiet park and worth a visit and wander around. Probably quite noisy during the car races! YMMVWritten 3 March 2022
- We took the 1.5 hours jet ski safari and it was awesome.
Kym was our tour guide and he was amazing , making sure that we all had fun and safe .
All the team were great and very helpful.Written 13 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Main Beach
- The best day trips from Main Beach according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Gold Coast Half-Day Fishing Charter
- Gold Coast Skippered Canal Cruise
- Gold Coast Private Skippered Limo on the Water Canal Cruise
- The most popular things to do in Main Beach with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Sailing In Paradise
- GC Jet Boat & Parasail
- Spirit of Gold Coast Whale Watching
- Gold Coast Canal Cruises
- Duffy Down Under Boat Hire, Cruises & Tours