- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Whilst this walk was not easy it is certainly within the capabilities of an active person as there has been a good deal of effort in sign posting the path and making it as accessable as possible.This enables people to have a fantastic view of the glacier and a sense of achievement but I wouldn't recommend it on a wet day.Written 26 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I came prepared, and it was fantastic. Make sure to bring a bag with a pair of thongs or something that can protect your feet and get wet. Also, something to dry your feet at the end of the walk, and maybe some socks. The water is up to ankle height at best, but it's still quite cold in October. You will probably have a bit of numbness in your feet after your trip. Not many glow worms at all throughout the cave, but it was a good experience. Highly recommended.Written 19 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- we had a great time with our target guides very nice and we had lots of with a well run clay target .Written 23 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After our booked flight (with another company) cancelled due to lack of numbers, we were lucky enough to book a flight with Glacier Helicopters last minute. What an amazing experience! We couldn't have had better weather, cold but sunny. The glacier is beautiful, and landing on it is an experience not to be missed. The land crew were great, and our pilot Andy was brilliant - knowledgeable, experienced, with a great sense of humor. We did a lot of different activities on this South Island holiday, but the heli flight and glacier landing were definately the highlight!Written 6 July 2021
- We did this with Adventures by Disney and I see why Disney chose them. Our guides were Romina, Drew, and Angus and they were all cream of the crop! They had lots of knowledge of local flora and fauna and the history of the glacier as well. We were in good hands with them, definitely recommend this experience for a nice hike.Written 28 December 2022
- I've done quad biking all over the world but nothing compares! Safe, reliable and so much fun! I will be back.Written 26 May 2021
- A great experience. Very friendly staff and superb pilots. Great views of the glacier and the snow landing topped it all off. Would highly recommend this trip.Written 12 January 2023
- Our pilot Ben made this experience for us - top Kiwi bloke - hard case alright, he’ll look after you. Super informative, great all round attitude, funny as heck and just a proper reflection of your typical NZ hosting. Unsure if our experience would have been the same without Ben, we were feeling really lucky at the end of our adventure to have gone out with Ben. Highly recommend, AAA+ oh & the views are amazing too!!Written 25 August 2022
- We did the 20 min round trip with glacier landing on Franz Josef. Honestly we came here because we had booked a HeliHike at 11am and that was cancelled due to cloudiness. We wandered into town and just walked in to this shop and amazingly they were able to accommodate us on their very next flight. We met Richard our pilot who was very friendly and professional, and gave us a short running commentary about the history of the glaciers as we ascended. He also took great photos of us up at the glacier landing. They allow you about 5-8 mins on the glacier before coming back down. Coming from a country with no snow and glaciers, I would say this was a great alternative and really lifted our spirits after having the HeliHike cancelled.Written 16 November 2022
- What a experience! I did the 20,000 feet jump and it was the most beautiful place to do it! My jumper buddy was so cool! He made me feel excited and was like I was doing it with my best friend 🤣. All staff were lovely. Well worth the four days I stayed waiting for the weather to permit but then got a stunner day ☺️. Highly recommend!Written 12 November 2020
- Tony the pilot was amazing he knew I was a bit nervous and put me right at ease We honestly can’t rate the 50 min flight highly enough Itwas a clear fine day and we saw lots Tony made sure you got a good look at all the points of interest from both sides of the plane it was a once in a lifetime flight incredible and still buzzing from it
Much better than the helicopter flights.Can tick this off my bucket list
Wow Wow and Wow
Thank you Air SafarisWritten 15 October 2021