Speciality & Gift Shops • Art Galleries
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Our family went to Te Koha Gallery for jade carving. Jan was really lovely. She taught us how to carve, smooth, shine, and buff the stone. Her instructions and suggestions were very helpful. We loved the relaxed atmosphere and the one-on-one attention. It was a beautiful place to make our memorable jade and aotea carvings.Written 26 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I had the opportunity to visit both the Franz Josef and then the Okarito home gallery today, both showing many identical prints but also some different works, plus a wide range of books. I recommend visiting both - and leaving yourself plenty of time to be awestruck by both the scenes he's photographed and his skills. A must do activity if you're in the area. Note that the Okarito home gallery is up many steep garden steps which will not be suitable access for everyone (and I've been advised that it's not always open).Written 6 February 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a beautifully laid out little gift shop outside of Franz Josef with all different types of crystals in both natural and tumbled forms, with great descriptions of the crystals and there uses. Amazing aroma of insence as soon as you walk in made it even more relaxing whilst looking for the perfect gift. There is a wide variety of other gifts available in the shop. Mel has an outstanding knowledge of the products she is selling which really helps when looking for something in particular.Written 29 October 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is gift shop located within the Alpine Activity Centre along the main road in Franz Josef. It is just across from Snakebite Brewery and has a fair sized carpark next to the shop. Opening hours 8.30am to 9pm daily.
Inside you'll find an expected range of traditional and speciality souvenirs, gifts and other items. Connected to the shop is an tour booking service provider where you can arrange heli-hikes to the area glaciers or other tour activities in the area.Written 16 October 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.