Top Attractions in Makawao
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- The tour was informative and fun. The tasting room is great and our tour guide was very knowledgeable and made great recommendations on the products. The gin is the best I’ve ever had.Written 27 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sooted here while doing Maui golf pinaaple tour. FANTASTIC artisans!
Randy (owner) and Tony we very attentive and just fun people to talk with. Watching the process from a balcony wa extremely cool!!
We walked away with two pieces and may well buy more before departing.
Don’t miss this place - it’s awesome!!!Written 7 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a lovely visit and enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere.
There’s a nice little gift shop and plants for purchase.
Not a lot of parking, and a bit tricky to navigate, but a nice alternative to the cash grabs you encounter on Maui.Written 29 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Such a pretty drive to this former Baldwin estate (sugar company). We enjoyed exploring the exhibits and grounds, and it's free!Written 16 August 2022
- .Largest concentration of trails on Maui. Well maintained and easy to follow. You can hike as short or long as you want. Some trails are shared with mountain bikes but they have a lot of their own dedicated trails as well. Trails are all heavily forested so good place to get out of the sunWritten 25 March 2022
- Quaint, cozy adorable town with lots of art galleries, unique gift shops and even a glass blowing shop. 1500 feet elevation on the way up to Mount Haleakala.Written 3 October 2022
- I have attended the music program that is offered at the church. Very unique music. Also I find the volunteers to be wonderful since people in need can get free clothing and other household needs given to them.Written 23 December 2022
- We bought a couple of Jordanne's beautiful prints yesterday when we passed through Makawao. She was in the shop working on a painting and we had a chance to chat with her. I was glad to find something special to take home to my family. The way she captures the landscape of Hawaii somehow highlights how I feel when I am here. Do stop by if you are in the area!Written 25 August 2021
- In one of the charming, small houses along main street you will find information about the history of Makawao. Done with a lot of love and care, obviously. It's so worth it to stop by!Written 30 March 2019
- This place would be the only place I will ever go for a massage now that I know how good the Lomi Lomi style is. Fresh air, and a chance to be in a rural upcountry setting was the first thing that drew my interest. The massage was excellent since it was able to reach the level of great therapuetic massage. A regular massage (even some of the deep tissue massages), were not able to help or felt like I walked away feeling better. When I need a chiropractor, this LOMI LOMI style of massage is a perfect way to spend one day a month as self soothing time. I honestly had never had the quality and serene setting this location offers. Love this place!Written 23 December 2022
- This was a great brewery that we visited while on Maui. It was a very nice facility with some very tasty beers. I really enjoyed their English Brown Ale and the Cryo-Pop Hazy IPA. I am not much of a Sour drinker, but I did enjoy the Jabutidragon Sour. My wife enjoyed her Post and Beam Cabernet while I was sampling through a couple of flights. They also have a Food Truck right next-door and they allow you to bring in their food while you sample through your beers. Sam did a great job behind the counter.Written 26 October 2022
- A very beautiful and peaceful place in the up country. A place that when the musician played taps, I was sure you could hear it for miles. If I go to Maui I always stop by and pay my respects. Not as big nor fancy as the Punch Bowl. Well maintained. Monuments to the branches of service. A monument to honor the guy from Maui who earned the Medal of Honor. And I think there was a separate monument for the 24th Marines. Parking lot in the middle and one side has the Veterans Cemetery and one side has the Civilian Cemetery.Written 7 October 2020
- We are avid art collectors who have been visiting Hawaii all the Hawaiian Islands for more than fifteen years. We now own a home and live on Maui. Over all of our travels Viewpoints gallery is TREASURE HOUSE of fine art. Wherever you go on Maui if art, or beauty, is your interest the go to Viewpoints Gallery in Makawao.Written 2 February 2020
- We saw this market on our way to the General Store right next door and just had to stop. There were maybe ten different vendors offering everything from tomato sauce to jewelry. Apparently this market is open every Friday and is semi new. It was great to try samples and speak with the vendors - all who were very friendly and eager to offer information about their Maui-made products.
We were there for quite awhile and enjoyed some samosas, some fresh fruit and samples of pickles and sauces. If you are looking for something a little different than the touristy experience, I would recommend going to farmer's markets like this one!Written 29 April 2011
- I needed to burn off the calories after indulging my emotional appetite at the Saturday's Upcountry Farmers Market.
A local friend met me at the Kahakapao Loop Trail to hike the 6.2 mile loop.Written 2 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Makawao
- The best outdoor activities in Makawao according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Makawao on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Makawao according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Haleakala Maui Sunrise Tour w/ Breakfast
- Haleakala Downhill Self-Guided Bike Tour
- Haleakala Best Classic Sunrise Tour with Haleakala EcoTours (Vehicle Tour)
- Maui Haleakala Sunrise Downhill Bike Tour with Mountain Riders Rated #1
- Half-Day Private Bike Tour in Paia
Makawao Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 6:20 AM|