- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- We did the dragon fly class. It was great fun! The instructor was very knowledgeable and helpful. We also did the tour which was fascinating!Written 8 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Please do your research before you go. Station square is currently under construction. It is mostly restaurants and bars. Hard Rock Cafe is the most known. It is a great place for restaurants and easy access to the incline. The parkings not cheap $8 all day lots and we paid $6 to park in the parking garage for a few hours. If you are looking for shopping then avoidWritten 20 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Many different things to check out. Meat market, bread store, coffee shops, produce market. Many places to eat. Very busy and parking is limitedWritten 27 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Top notch museum & educational facility. I’ve been a member before I moved away from the area and attended exhibits many times in their former venues in the Strip District and as The Store in Oakmont before that. Pittsburgh is fortunate to have such a professionally run place presenting contemporary craft to the public.Written 2 June 2021
- Yinz will find excellent functional, wearable, whimsical, and beautiful art by local artists. Come here to find that special gift or Pittsburgh souvenir. Staffed by friendly folks.Written 30 June 2018
- The space is amazing and everyone is super friendly. We hosted an event here and were pleased with everything!Written 16 October 2017
- Went to Artifacts for a party. Owner is the nicest guy ever and has so many awesome stories. The place is two floors of cool stuff-African masks, circus posters, antiques, amazing furniture (new and old) and so much more. It's the kind of place to do multiple laps in because you'll see something new each pas through. Be sure to look up down and all around there is awesomeness everywhere. A must see!Written 17 July 2016
- Took a group to our favorite place..The Strip. PenMac is a great place for cheese, meats, olives..plus great Italian everything. Come here for a great visit.Written 2 January 2023
- Enjoyed browsing through large inventory of lovely antiques, jewelry and mid century modern furniture, in this finished warehouse space situated in the strip district of multiple markets and restaurants. Proprietors very nice to deal with.Written 11 October 2021
- This is a quirky and interesting art gallery gift shop located in one of the old original houses on the South Side of Pittsburgh. You enter the front door greeted by a friendly clerk, wind your way through mobiles, jewelry, cat toys, and fine art to go up the mezzanine where you find handmade greeting cards, photography, unique masks, baby clothes (dyed, knitted, crocheted...), and other paraphernalia. Continue back to the kitchen - yes, it's a fully equipped kitchen - where there are aprons, hand stitched napkins, coasters, painted tiles, and more. Or go upstairs for large scale paintings and photos, CDs, vintage clothing, and other knick knacks. The shop has over 100 artists making work ranging from soda can tab boxes to African American paintings to Italian plastic jewelry to hand pulled lithographs to original glass works. It takes a little time to take it all in but if you do, you'll feel like you entered a treasure chest and may walk out with a few of your own! The prices are very reasonable and much of the work is locally made. The photography was mostly local and best for those with ties to the city, but some were general such as the barges on the rivers or flowers. Bring cash or a credit card, but mostly bring your imagination and wonder.Written 5 January 2016
- 5th Avenue Place is close to the hotel in which we were staying. While exploring the immediate area I happened on this shopping mall. There are a number of specialty shops. My favorites were St Brendan's Crossing and Laurie's Hallmark. St Brendan's Crossing carries very nice garments for men and women, Hand fashioned shawls, glassware, children clothes, etc. The hand fashioned scarves and shawls were beautifully done, I purchased a scarf and a shawl and a small clutch bag.
Laurie's Hallmark is the best Hallmark I have seen in a very long time. She carries a vast array of cards, clothing, bags, candy made in Pittsburgh, children's toys, figurines, etc. Really great shop, I went back 3 times. There is also a very nice food court with Au Bon Pain, Charley's Philly Steaks, Flamers, Fresh Corner, Sbarro and Wok & Grill. Welcome Pittsburgh tourism shop. Caffe Amante fine dining. Also Fifth Avenue Beanery and PNC Bank. Other specialty shops: Avenue for women's clothing, Crystal River gems, Faber, Coe & Gregg Magazines, Katie's Kandy, Visionworks and Wallace Floral. Well worth a visit.Written 28 June 2016
- This house in the Troy Hill neighborhood of Pittsburgh looks like every other house on the street from the outside but it is in fact one giant art installation on the inside. You must make an appointment in order to visit and you can do that on the website. While they say they will take groups as large as six, don't go in a group larger than three people. It's a tight space. There is no charge to visit. All I can say is that it's something you should see (you have to be at least 15 years of age to enter) and it's an emotional punch in the gut sometimes. So glad I went.Written 23 June 2018
- My husband and I visited Gary and made our own ornaments. We had a blast! At first my husband was skeptical, he didn't know if it was something he'd like. He quickly changed his mind when we walked in the lobby and saw the beautiful artwork Gary has created. I'm 100% doing this again!!!!Written 24 December 2015
- Ellen has interesting, diverse shows. If you like color & creative approaches to art, this very well may be for you. Paintings, sculpture, jewelry...you'll find it all here. Take a peek, you might be surprised!Written 11 April 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Pittsburgh
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Pittsburgh:See more budget-friendly shopping in Pittsburgh on Tripadvisor