- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- I had heard a lot about this park from locals when looking for a park to go walking on my most recent visit. Let me just say im sad i didnt come here sooner!! Just walking around their trails was so calming and peaceful even though there were tons of people there. Everyone that i encountered was very nice and offered small talk. The petting zoo they have on site was cute and the animals were very friendly. I thought it was very interesting and smart that they have the stables for the local mounted police there as well which definitely contributes to the calm nature of the park. They had lots of recreational areas around with basketball courts, playgrounds, and sitting areas scattered throughout the park. It was a very peaceful and heartwarming experience to say the least :)Written 13 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the reasons I come to this outlet is to shop at QVC outlet. They have bargains throughout the year but during the holidays it’s much more. I always find something to get for my family. For the men in the family there are small electronics. For the ladies I usually get handbags, kitchen items, QVC does have some unique items you can’t find anywhere else.
The only complain I have is that the staff can be a little more pleasant especially around the holidays. Some are really nice but a few are like ‘why am I here’ attitude. They don’t have to be overly friendly but...
Also, the handbags don’t come with the charms that they show online. Always, something is missing..ite either the strap itself, or the charms or the tags. When we question, we are told that’s the reason they are at the outlet stores. Then why some of the bags have every accessory they come with? That statement is not true in my experience. Outlets have out of season items and/or customer returns that have not been used.
I think, the bags that don’t have straps, should have another 10% discount at the least so customers can use that to buy straps online. I end up not buying because there are no straps. These bags end up in the final sale bin after several months.
I would still recommend shopping at QVC at this location.Written 19 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I've parked at lock 12 and hiked from there twice now. You can walk through parts of the old canal system as well as read about the history of the canal. The first part of the hike along the Mason Dixon Trail is easy, you pass some small waterfalls going off large boulders, you can even kick off your shoes and cool off in some sections. Very scenic. Shortly after the falls, the hiking gets pretty strenuous, a lot of up hill to get to a crest then down hill then back up, etc. There are some cool look outs down to the river and dam at the top. If you are looking to do a 3 mile loop, turn around once you go down a hill and hit a powerline.
When I went in the summer, the parking lot was spacious and there were places to picnic. However, my most recent trip at the very end of March, 72 degree day, all the parking was closed because according to the park it was still winter and they don't open until the spring... so everyone had to invent their own parking along the side. Helpful hint if this happens to you, a lot of people pulled off the road right at the entrance where it was really tight, but if you keep going down the road you'll find better, easier pull offs.Written 31 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Motorized bikes need to be banned! Somebody is going to get hurt. Groups of motorized bikes are not handicapped individuals and need not ruin our trails due to needless injuries due to unnecessary speeds and recklessness speeds and passing.Written 22 May 2022
- Being a new dog owner, this was honestly my first experience at a dog park, and I hope this place doesn't ruin me for other dog parks. I'm guessing this one is a bit bougier in its design than others, and I'm honestly fine with that. People were super friendly, the setup was nice with the Adirondack chairs, and my dogs had a great time.Written 17 September 2021
- Amazing park with a little bit of everything, bocci ball courts, multiple playgrounds, pavilions, skate park, dog park, baseball diamonds, soccer fields, walking trails, massive frisbee golf course, golf course, golf driving range, mini golf, public pool, indoor roller skating rink and a library! I highly recommend checking it out if you're looking for a nice place to go and relax! Also a great place for Pokemon Go!Written 14 June 2021
- There are many playground attractions for children, beautiful plants and trees, somethings always in bloom during the growing season, paved paths that lead you into interesting views, a large Gazebo, creekside sounds and sights, Frisbee golf and sports fields.
This is a friendly Park, well behaved leashed dogs are welcome, children have wonderful choices for play, teens and adults can play volleyball, Frisbee golf, etc. The paved paths are wheelchair friendly but there are some steep inclines on paths leading from the parking area to the creek but staying on one level is very easy and provides various views.
I typically walk our Carin Terrier early mornings, as a treat we drive to this park and enjoy the fresh air.Written 8 November 2019
- This is the best dog park in Lancaster County. The people is nice and quiet but great for kids to run around and release their energy.Written 8 October 2019
- Please save yourself time and heart break and avoid purchasing anything living in this store! They give a 48 hours warranty on their birds - that's it and my personal favorite part is they don't provide any documentation with the purchase of a bird other than a receipt so they choose not to follow the PA puppy lemon law which states they need to provide a certificate of health at a minimum. Another issue was they had an outbreak of avian flu and half the employees were not following the safety procedures to prevent the spread of avian flu. They had employees that were afraid of the birds trying to pick them up so the end of my story is we spent between 1500 - 2000 in that store and the bird died less than 2 weeks later and they refuse to do anything other than suggest we dig up our bird drive 2 hrs back to the store for them to do a necropsy which i'm sure would find in their favor. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU LIKE THROWING AWAY MONEY!!!!!Written 15 July 2022
- I didnt get much time to explore this location as we only drove through it. However, from what i saw there was a wide variety of recreational spaces there including different sporting fields, a skatepark area, some historical/local? buildings to see, and of course in true Lancaster fashion even a covered bridge. I wish i would've had more time to explore this location. It was definitely beautiful to drive through though!Written 13 May 2022
- On a bright sunny winter afternoon we took the kids out to enjoy some warm fresh air in a great pocket park with some colorful rope and metal playground equipment which imnediately drew them in. Next door to the park is a landmark pink (Asian) Indian temple that stands out like a sore thumb in these stark western high desert surroundings with no other noteworthy buildings to be seen. Quaint.Written 9 January 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Lancaster
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Lancaster:See more nature & parks for children in Lancaster on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Lancaster:See more nature & parks for couples in Lancaster on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nature & parks in Lancaster:See more budget-friendly nature & parks in Lancaster on Tripadvisor