- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
9 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Magnificant place, worth a visit even if you do not want to use the library. The staircase from the first to the second floor alone is worth a stop (Central Library on the streetcar).
If you actually want to go to a library, you can't do much better than this one. It has loads of periodicals, computer stations on all three floors, an excellent children's reading room, and a choice staff, all of whom seem to me to be happy employees, and they are more than willing and totally competent to help you out.
Not as iconic as the famous New York City library on 42nd Street, but a landmark building in its own right.Written 26 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When I have friends come to town we always had to leave Portland visitor Center. There’s always flyers and all kinds of information to get so people have items to take home to reflect on their wonderful time in Portland.Written 3 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely place; clean and spacious. Not many eating options around it, though. Love that the light rail stops right in front of it.Written 13 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This club opens at 5am and was a good place to wait for my early flight. They had food and drinks and it was quiet. The people were very nice.Written 18 March 2022
- The Bethany Library is a public library that is a member of the Oregon Washington County Library System. This is an excellent library system. In addition to being able to borrow books and magazines, you can also check-out music CDs, magazines, DVDs, and Blue-Ray movies. The library system is searchable via its website and you can even have the items you want brought to the library that is closest to you.
The Bethany Library is in a great location that is a short walking distance from the QFC supermarket, Starbucks, several restaurants, Great Clips, other businesses, and even an outdoor fountain you can run through on hot days. In addition, on clear days you have a view of the Oregon coastal mountain range.
The staff is very helpful and even though this is a smaller library, it still has a great selection of books, movies, magazines, newspapers, and CDs.Written 7 May 2019
- Great library in a very picturesque old building. Selection is pretty good and you can order from the other branches. Haven't worked much with the staff so that is why I only gave 3 stars, as we all know the staff makes the library.Written 12 February 2017
- The Expo facilities are not exactly that wonderful that house the antique show three times a year. The place is a bit dilapidated.
The food vendors are expensive and the food atrocious. I hear the captive audience of the antique vendors complaining every time.
With all the wonderful food in Portland, you would think they would contract some decent vendors.
I would suggest carrying a bag lunch if you are spending the day there---especially after paying $8 for the parking, there is no re-entry. So if you were to leave for lunch, you will have to pay another $8 for parking.
The alternative is taking the light rail MAX train which is located on the other side of the parking lot.
I will return for the antique show, but not for the food.Written 5 March 2017
- Went with a buddy on a whim. The beers are $12.00 IIRC.
The coliseum is aged and not up to the level of the super modern Moda center next door. But you know what? We had a blast. The tickets are cheap and the skating was professional. The building fits for its purpose. It is in a safe area and the staff is super friendly. If you are looking for 'plush' ... don’t go.
Ps. The Max line takes you right to the front door of the whole complexWritten 29 November 2019