- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
35 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 35
What travellers are saying
- This is an inexpensive yet fun activity that only takes a few minutes to go up and then back down the tram. There is a charge on the way up and it is free on the way back down. The tram itself connects parts of the OHSU campus so unless you have business to do at the hospital there isn't alot to walk around at the top. At the bottom there are some trails by the river but it isn't really a tourist spot. However, just the ride itself gives a great view over the city and was a fun excursion. I would suggest it for families with kids as well as anyone who is in the neighborhood.Written 18 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Tri met MAX is a very good Light Rail System. Goes pretty much everywhere in town, if you ride the bus, too..Written 7 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Exploring downtown Portland was very easy on the TriMet- Portland Streetcar. Ticket was $2.50 which allowed 3 hours of on and off access. Tickets can be purchased at the main stops. Streetcars are clean and information is listed in the car and announcements are made prior to each stop. Great was to see Portland without having to walk the entire city.Written 5 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Used the public transit systems for over a week, staying out of town. The staff have been so helpful and knowledgeable. Always pleasant and a credit to the city. Well done.Written 27 July 2019
- We cannot rave enough about the experience we had on our party bus with Dave. It was a last minute booking and he was extremely accommodating and went above and beyond to ensure that we had everything we needed and had a great ride. If you are going to Wilamette Valley, I’d highly recommend that you book Dave for a fun day of wine tastings!! 100/10Written 30 May 2022
- Well maintained, very retro railway station. Large seating area, decent travel shop offering souvenirs and snacks, clean rest rooms. Metropolitan Lounge for Amtrak sleeping car, business class, and frequent rider elite status members is available providing a cozier, quieter place for those passengers to await their trains.
The station is easily accessible via MAX light rail, but the immediate neighborhood, sadly, is now a giant homeless encampment, with tents literally everywhere, some blocking sidewalks and other walkways. While I didn't necessarily feel safe walking to and from the MAX, I didn't feel comfortable with the surroundings and the apparent lack of attention by the city regarding doing anything about it. I would not want to walk through this area at night and would recommend that anybody needing to go to or from the station to consider their various options for getting there.Written 12 October 2021
- Such a wonderful collection of railroad locomotives, passenger cars, and other memorabilia. Admission is free, the Docents are very friendly and knowledgeable, and you can see 4 kinds of working rail transportation from one spot: Passenger Trains (AMTRAK), Freight Trains (Union Pacific), Light Rail (Trimet's MAX) and Private Excursion trains (Oregon Pacific Railroad). With special displays for the kids,it is easy to spend all day there!Written 7 January 2022
- Our driver Tom was awesome! We had a few we wanted to see that he gladly took us to but also recommended some amazing wineries in the area and also a great place to eat! He delivered great customer service and was very professional. Highly recommend!Written 22 August 2019
- Tip a glass to this superb wine tour! We were picked up promptly in a luxury SUV and transported to five Willamette Valley wineries. Each winery was distinct and delightful resulting in a carefree and relaxing day. Steven kept us on schedule but was very tuned into our group and our needs.
We will take this tour again in the future- don’t wait to book yours.Written 26 August 2019
- Punctual, polite, perfect ride in a luxurious sprinter like vehicle with amazing amount of information during the drive by Adam.
We spent one night in Portland before we started the wineries trip to the valley for two days.
Northwest limousine picked us up from Portland right on time and drove us to the wineries for the next two days.
Our driver Adam was like a encyclopedia and educated us about the history of earth and how this continent changed fro ice age to the present times. He reorganized our trip and took us to beautiful spots in the valley.
He was always on time and very polite and helpful.
Rajeev NagpalWritten 23 September 2018
- I think I wrote the first review back in 2015 and these are still my go to guys. Now we are retired and take even more trips and this for us is the best way to and from the airport. Always 5-10 minutes early.
Our returned flight this time was due In at 12:45am but was late and got in closer to 2am.
The rate was the same as if we arrived mid day. There should be a late night surcharge so I paid extra.
How many times do you feel like you were under charged?
Now there is Uber and Lyft in town as well as Yellow cab but nice to have the same dependable guy time after time.
We will use him for two more trips this year. No reason not to.
Large suv, always water available and most importantly on time. The worst feeling is when you are packed and hoping your ride shows up or just want to get home. Never a worry here.Written 23 February 2019
- Our group of 6 was driven around the Willamette wine country by Aaron. He was top notch. Aaron was prompt, friendly, and knowledgeable about the area. I highly recommend him.Written 17 July 2021
- This is a fun and practical way to get around the metro area. Just a pinch of history to enjoy during your Portland stay.Written 6 October 2018
- - Along all my past visiting to USA, I tried to ride it one time only without success? In this last time, by accident I did to travel from Tacoma.TAC.WA to PortLand.PDX.OR by using “Normal” Class without Seat allocated like Commuter or MTR.
- It’s not Crowded & (2+2) big Size raw Seat system with a large Leg Room +big Table +easy Luggage store at overhead or in designed places +V. big complete Bath Rm. +but v. Noise due many periodic announcements with a high voice.
- I can’t use before either due its bad Web site having v. high Rates compared with the competitive intercity Buses or due the Web itself that is not working especially in the “Payment Page”? and emailing to the Sleeping C.S. without benefit _ Also take care, some their Tickets excluding Bags! …
But, in this time I had a ticket directly from its station in Tacoma after landing in SEA Airport & I can’t find any Bus to go PDX but fortunately the Price was good & Station Employees were excellent.Written 27 October 2021
- See attached picture. Downtown is at fourth and Columbia, not at the transit center which is a mile away.Written 29 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Portland
- These experiences are best for transportation in Portland:
- Private Arrival Transfer from Portland Airport PDX
- Private Departure Transfer to Portland Airport (PDX)
- Portland Arrival Chauffeur Driven Transport
- PDX - Portland One Way Airport Transfer in a Chauffeured Sedan/SUV
- Portland Round Trip Chauffeur Driven Transport
- These are the best places for couples seeking transportation in Portland:See more transportation for couples in Portland on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking transportation in Portland:See more transportation for groups in Portland on Tripadvisor