113 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 113
What travellers are saying
- It is a great market … spices, fish, vegetables, and local clothing . You can get anything. Going around was good, it’s a market so many people . Take photos and enjoy going g aroundWritten 8 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stayed in Stone Town first for three nights.Great to walk around the cobbled alleys.lots of tourist shops selling the same things .lots of history about black slavery .Food average .
Then drove north to Nungwi,stopping at touristy spice farms.Beautiful white sand and clean warm seas.Little casual restaurants on the beach .West side of island you can swim any time ,all boat activity starts there but east side reef is very close ,and shallowWritten 15 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a very unique artistic place.
The henna paintings are equisite! The ladies are extremely talented using this painting technique.
I have purchased one of their artworks and wish had a bigger luggage to take more!
They also do body henna painting in store, so I had my hand done.
A must visit place if one loves art.Written 8 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- By accident we stumbled upon this wonderful art gallery in Zanzibar. Hellen,who is an absolute delight,was very helpful with picking out some art work for us. We finally decided on a"Tingatinga Animal" print. This is a must visit.Written 28 July 2019
- A great place with great salesmen!
Not too pushy, but behaving as they should upon a customer. They offered many paintings for a good price, and we were very satisfied.Written 27 November 2022
- Went and brought a beautiful piece made by aromas of zanzibar...a dog collar beautifully made different colours and sizes plenty of room for growth ..high viz on the collar.
Reasonably priced and such good thick quality material .
Went home put on my doggy and she loved it it lit up in the dark as well on the high viz...I will use again for other item..a great little business and wortha look great value for money ranging from £10 ..sizes small medium and large ..would recommendWritten 6 November 2023
- Nice little space in one of the alleyways. It sells handmade products, handicrafts, paintings and soaps. Bought 2 soaps which were elegantly wrapped in handmade paper and smelt nice.Written 29 January 2018
- Selling the usual prints and designs that vendors will try and sell you on the beach. Honestly nothing new or exceptional about it, if not that it is sheltered in case of rain. Not quite the sort of "gallery" you'd expect. Still one of the nicest huts in Nungwi village though.Written 31 March 2018
- The beautiful which hosts the Cultural Arts Gallery it's quite attractive because it has been restored preserving the old structure.
The exposition itself it's not very interesting but it's agreable enough to spend some time.Written 12 October 2019
- Leave the tacky souvenir shops all selling the same crap behind, find your unique handmade product here and support the locals.Zanzibar has the prettiest souvenirs, when looking for a souvenir or a gift ,zivansh is your go to shop. A place where you can be sure the products aren't 'made in china' ( like many tourist shops products are) but all is locally produced, empowering the women of the country.
Get your zawadi (gift) or souvenir here.. it won't have the tacky 'Zanzibar' or 'hakuna matata ' prints, you'll find unique gifts that'll last for years. I always leave with a bag full ,as I can't resist..Written 31 October 2022
- We were waking by Hurumzi Street, tired and had a lot of language but this mini Market provided a convenient stop over to rest and make a quip pick of essential daily use items, drinks, chocolate and biscuits.Written 2 June 2019
- Had an amazing time with this TripAdvisor, the hospitality is what made me feel home 🤗looking forward to do it again for my next vacation 🤗Written 7 September 2023
- I visited this gallery as the artwork was obviously high end with a series of diverse styles by masters as well as creative young up and coming artists.It was also like a museum in some ways and. it give you an insight into where the art world is in Tanzania.Unlike the majority of the tourist galleries in Stone Town where the art is very loud overpowering in its colours and in your face this is a different world where the quality is on another level - subtle use and balance of colours and more abstract style
I had liaised with Marina to arrange a visit as I was attracted to the works of the deceased David Mzugano who was a leading follower of Tinga Tinga movement which uses bicycle paints which are much thicker.Also the vegetation paintings appealed to me as well for the unique style and colours
I also discovered he has a number of sons who paint in the same style and I noted their works in another gallery in Stonetown.
You pay for quality and I am delighted with my purchase
The gallery is a little off the beaten track and you will need a tuktuk to get their but it is also a stunning design
Marina kindly provided me with complimentary copy of David Mzugano book delivered to my hotelWritten 17 November 2022
- Fahari has a lovely selection of well priced clothing, jewelry and gifts. Picked up a few things for ourselves to remember our trip to Zanzibar and gifts for friends at homeWritten 4 October 2023
- Max Fashion is a go-to destination for fashionable wardrobe essentials. With their wide range of clothing options, they offer versatile pieces that are both stylish and affordable.Written 29 May 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Zanzibar Island
- These experiences are best for shopping in Zanzibar Island:
- Private Tour Zanzibar Unique Stone Town with spice Farm Plantations
- Zanzibar Spice Farm Tour & Exotic Fruit Lunch
- Spice tour & Stone Town Zanzibar secrets with Lunch - Zanzibar
- Stone Town Tour in Zanzibar
- Spice tour & Stone Town Zanzibar secrets - Zanzibar
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping in Zanzibar Island:See more shopping for children in Zanzibar Island on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking shopping in Zanzibar Island:See more shopping for couples in Zanzibar Island on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for shopping in Zanzibar Island:See more romantic shopping in Zanzibar Island on Tripadvisor