*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- All members of this team are very pleasant and helpful. The location is great for work and there are lots of restaurants close to the place.Written 28 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great museum, unexpectedly intense artwork. I never thought about the Noguchi Museum until someone recommended it. I went with friends and though the second floor of the two-floor museum (plus a sculpture garden) was closed (I received a fifty percent refund on admission) my friends and I enjoyed seeing Noguchi's works. It's housed in a great space on Queens and the sculptures are spaced nicely and visits are timed so there are not too many visitors at once. The outdoor sculpture garden is unique and although we couldn't sit and enjoy it because it was riding too hard the day we visited, it's a gem of a spot. The museum shops cool stuff, but expensive as all museum stores are. I'd visit again to see the second floor exhibits.Written 1 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Contemporary art is not for everyone. Good museum, good space, the art in it is so subjective that I only recommend this museum to open minded people who don't have much to do on a Saturday morning.Written 14 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is such a beautiful place to see the sunset. The sun sets behind all the towers, the orange light seeping between the buildings. You can see downtown to the left, midtown, then uptown to the right. You can see it all at once, with all its glory of our man made concrete jungle. When you stay away from the crowd, the city looks beautiful.
We also saw it from the 25th floor of an apartment. Such a breathtaking sight.Written 28 June 2023
- While I had to drop someone off in Midtown Manhattan, I had plenty of time to spare. I decided to take a walk around Greenpoint, Brooklyn and Hunters Point, Queens. I drove over the Queensborough Bridge and I checked out the stunning Midtown Manhattan skyline from this walkway. It was not easy to get parking in these areas. There were many restaurants available. They were an abundance of high-rise apartment buildings and there were even some office buildings. The gardens were very well manicured, and there were playgrounds and sprinkler facilities. The signs for Pepsi and Long Island City were there, as well.Written 30 August 2023
- Great place in Long Island City. All the beers that we tried were very good. Definitely a laid back type of place were you can have a beer out front on the sidewalk. If you want you can bring food or even your dog. The taproom was crowded when we were there and it did get loud.Written 25 June 2023
- A nice easy walk from my hotel, the brewery was busy and the beers were great. The staff explained each beer I had really wellWritten 3 January 2023
- A great cosy space in the heart of Long Island City. I was the only person in and the staff were friendly.Written 3 January 2023
- We went there late August and had a great time. It's a fun and great way to workout. Great fun for all of us.Written 8 September 2023
- Visiting the Secret Theatre made me feel like complete NYC insider! Getting there was easy, quick, comfortable and safe, but had an edgy, urban vibe. A quick 7 train ride from Grand Central Station, a 4 minute walk under the elevated tracks and we were there. The Secret is tucked away behind a tall, chain link fence and through what feels like a small loading dock. We saw an outstanding production of Macbeth in the intimate setting of a black box theater. We had refreshments during intermission, and found that the lobby area is pretty tight and can't accommodate many people, so most stayed in the theatre.
Walking back to the train we stopped at a little divey pub with a good kitchen that had a terrific beer selection for my husband, and poured me a lovely Sauvignon Blanc. It was such a great night!
The Secret theatre is also affordable. For little more than it costs to go to the movies we enjoyed a night of great professional theater, and a real New York experience. This is a secret worth sharing.Written 25 March 2018
- This is not a stand alone activity. I recommend doing it along with Museum of the Moving Image and some Astoria dining,
You should also know modern art is not my thing, and this place is super modern and experimental. My favorite part was the architecture, lighting, and shadows. Industrial like. Makes for some great and interesting photos.
It’s free, so you have nothing to lose! Staff is very nice. Large open space. I only spent about 20 minutes here, but one could spend longer pondering the art.Written 21 May 2021
- I went on a quiet weekday and the staff were friendly. Great taplist, although I was drinking from a plastic cup because they had few glasses availableWritten 3 January 2023
- This is a one of a kind. Places. Great for nostalgia buffs or people who like me to press buttons. A terrific collection of elevator parts that do work and from an era when the city was full of manned elevators. Loved the place and it is just different than any other museunWritten 10 August 2018
- Memorial Day Weekend 2021, what a flop! The first "official" weekend of summer and it was cold, raining, just miserable. A friend and I had serious plans and of course they were ruined. I decided we should do some type of activity in the area. And came across BB. I instantly decided this would be it. Got there, found very helpful staff, it was crowded and us being novices didn't really enjoy (my friend less then I). But had fun anyway. And will be going back to take the lessons.
Overall a good indoor activity and fun!Written 4 June 2021
- Interesting artwork and fabulous antique frames for sale. Definitely and unexpected treasure in LIC.Written 11 August 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Long Island City
- The best outdoor activities in Long Island City according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Long Island City on Tripadvisor
Long Island City Attractions Information
|Friday 8:13 am|