What travellers are saying
- Its a long walk up to the Monastery but its worth the view.
It's a tough climb if you are not mobile. I do not recommend you take the donkeys, I found it quite upset watching then being forced to climb the steps and I can't imagine how scary it would be riding one up let alone down.
I recommend you go up to the view point for a drink to reward yourselvesWritten 4 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I first saw it on Day 1 of my visit of Petra. Used my 2-day Jordan Pass for this visit. On Day 2 of my visit, I saw it again when I started my walk/hike at the Little Petra.
The Treasury is the most intact of all the ancient buildings located in Petra. Closed #2 is the Monastery.
From the Visitor Center, one can walk, ride the camel, or ride the electric cart to reach this attraction. I passed by the huge, beautiful boulders and canyons. Took lots of pictures here!Written 2 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Petra was definitely the highlight of my tour in Jordan. It is breathtakingly beautiful. The whole experience was made easy and convenient due to our driver Waleed from Batuta Hostel. He is genuinely kind hearted and treated us like family. I not only saw one of the wonders of the world but also made a dear friend. His contact number is 00962799952938.
He also showed us the back road to Petra (from little petra to monastery). This made it so we saw all the sights in half the time of starting at the visitors center. I highly recommend this if you have only one day in PetraWritten 28 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Theater is carved into the mountain at the foot of the High Place of Sacrifice. The Theatre was rebuilt by the Romans. It is the only theatre in the world that is built into the living rock The High Place of Sacrifice is place of worship on the mountain plateau. You can climb to the rock and be rewarded to an expansive view of the ancient city of Petra below. The High Place of Sacrifice was used for significant religious ceremonies.Written 16 November 2023
- I guided one of the most interesting tours in Jordan. It was a tour designed by Jordan Inspiration Tours for a group from Sweden. They came for meditation. This was a new experience for me. I learned allot from this group. The feelings were different from any other tour I guided in the Past. The place I chose for them to meditate were wonderful. We chose different places in Umm Qais , Amman, Wadi Numeira, Petra, Aqaba, and Wadi Rum. All I can say that the group was wonderful and it was such a great experience.Written 30 November 2023
- This was my first time doing a personal tour and I couldn’t be happier. I’ve worked in the hospitality industry for the last 17 years so I notice even the smallest of details. I was really impressed with Abdel’s customer service and commitment to ensuring we have a good time. He was in constant communication with us letting us know who our driver/guide will be, their names and details. Everything was very well organized and it all went off without a hitch. Abdel even called us half way through our tour to check if we were satisfied with our vacation. Our guides were really great. Wael and Oqba were well informed and provided us with great historical, cultural and archaeological information. They had answers for all of our questions and always placed our well being as their priority. They gave us tips and steered us in the right direction to make sure we were blending in well with the local culture. Both made sure we always had what we needed on hand (water, tea and medication when we fell ill). I am really glad we chose Petra Night Tours, it was an experience that I’ll remember forever and I will happily recommend them to friends and family.Written 1 October 2023
- Abdullah must be by far the best guide in all of Petra, in all of Jordan for that matter. I travel extensively and tour constantly, but I have never had a more experienced, better informed, highly communicative guide in all of my travels. Abdullah has worked on the excavation side at Petra and answered every question deeply and thoroughly. His enthusiasm and passion for the site and his job were readily apparently, and he is a kind, generous and hospitable soul as well. (He is also a very talented signer and photographer, as I'm certain you will discover...) I was extremely lucky to have met him, as my experience in Petra wouldn't have been nearly as fulfilling as it was with any other guide. I cannot recommend Abdullah enough, and plan to call him again when I am next in Jordan to visit other remarkable sites around the beautiful country.Written 15 November 2023
- We booked a five days tour with Ismail & could not be more glad! We prefer private small tours so that it is easier to communicate and take in all the information & I bet in jordan it has to be Ismail! He promptly replied to all our pre-traveling querries which was very ensuring on his part.He guided us throughout to make this trip memorable for us; even suggested few worth exploring places that were not in our itinerary.He has such a vast treasure of history and information which is so amazing and adds a lot to the trip. The best part is that he keeps each and every person included; my daughter really liked the fact he kept communicating with her to make the whole experience interesting for an 11 years old. By the end of the tour it felt like he is a part of our family.Thanks brother Ismail for everything!Written 29 October 2023
- Our tour was custom made for us through very helpful email communication with Why Jordan. We were in a private car with a driver, Abad, and a guide Ramiz, both of whom were hugely informative about not only the sights we saw, but made sense of it all for us through sharing historical knowledge in a fascinating way.
We went to Amman, Um Cais, Jerash, desert castles, Mount Nebo, Madeba, Petra and Wadi Rum. Everything was perfect. We stayed in two hotels, Locanda in Amman, and Hayat Zaman near Petra. Both were 5 star in quality but unique in experience. Locanda is a sophisticated city hotel with each room named after a famous Jordanian musician. It has a lovely restaurant attached. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Hayat Zaman was constructed from a 19th century village. Lovely stone walls and beatiful rooms.
What made the trip for us were our two companions, Abad and Ramiz, who helped us understand Jordan. We would recommend Why Jordan Tours extremely highly both for the organisation and thr experience of the tour.Written 29 September 2023
- The place to be if you are looking for adventure in combination with culture, history and humor. The people in this agency are kind and generous. They gladly share their stories with you and know the area like their back pocket. An expierence to get to know the Bedouin ways of life in a relaxed and fun environment.
Great tour, greatest people I've met on any trip so far. Would 100% recommend!
Thank you, GhassabWritten 12 November 2023