Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travellers are saying
- The Royal Tombs consist of four spectacular tombs adjacent to each other along the main path in the middle of the city. The Royal tombs are all distinctive and are combined with Nabatean and Classical architectural styles. Precise functions are unclear, but probably included funerary rites and banqueting.Written 10 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Great Temple Compex is one of the principal sites of ancient Petra. The Great Temple was constructed around the first century BC, making it over 2000 years old. It is one of the most important archaeological and architectural sites in Petra. In its heyday, it served as a center for religious and governmental functions. The style combines Nabatean and classical Greek influences. It's quite fascinating.Written 10 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Rome was the dominant imperial power and ruled for centuries. The Roan governor, Sextius Florentinus, expressed a wish to be buried here. His tomb is quite different to the Nabatean tombs, it has a variety of shades and colors. By the way, Petra only exists because sandstone is easy to work.Written 10 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Petra is simply stunning. The canyon walk, the trails…, all of it. If you have the opportunity to do go to this site I highly recommend. There is quite a bit of walking involved so may be difficult with mobility issues. Be aware that getting there is not easy! We traveled from Israel and did a day trip. It was a LONG day on a bus. It was still worth it, but be prepared!! This was a once in a lifetime experience!Written 7 December 2022
- This street was built by the Nabateans and later reconstructed by the Romans under their occupation.. All Roman cities had a central Forum which was a public area in which business, civic affairs and religious ceremonies were conducted. This was likely to have been one of the principal shopping streets of ancient PetraWritten 10 August 2023
- The Triclinium is a tomb. It is called the Lion Triclinium because the entrance is guarded by two lions, one on each side. . The Triclenium has a number of interesting features. The Triclinium entrance is decorated with carvings.Written 10 August 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Petra - Wadi Musa
- These are the best places for groups seeking points of interest & landmarks in Petra - Wadi Musa:See more points of interest & landmarks for groups in Petra - Wadi Musa on Tripadvisor