- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- By far one of the best sights in Iceland!
The bubbling pools of thermal water, the smell of sulfur, the dancing of the main Geysir.
The anticipation of Strokkur exploding into life, the way it teases you, building the excitement, the way it seems to be breathing, taking in a full breath before rising out of the pool with an explosion of water and steam. Shooting 20m into the air before returning to calmness once again, building once again for another show of force every 8-10mins.
We visited twice during our weeks holiday and can highly recommend visiting around 8pm (summer months) just before darkness, when the crowds have dispersed and you have the place relatively to yourselves is the best time to go.
The view point on top the hill is well worth the effort.
Memories that will never be forgotten.Written 2 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Main car park closest to the crater was full so had to double back down the road to a secondary overflow car park constructed down a recently constructed gravel road which left a slightly further walk to the crater. Annoyingly you had to walk all the way along the recently constructed wire fence to the entrance booth & you had to do this again on the way out. So not as convenient. In terms of the crater itself, I walked all the way around it but if you are lazy or pushed for time, I’d just go & view the crater from the end to the left of the entrance (as you face the entrance) as I thought that was the best view of it. 450isk entrance, parking is free.Written 8 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I enjoyed every moment of our Sheep roundup tour! I think Elwira and Svenni and the team of guides did an excellent job of keeping us informed, happy and satisfied. They all had a keen eye on personal attention and individual needs for our mixed group of enthusiastic riders. I liked the stay in the guesthouse, it really contributed to the family like experience, truly belonging to the group, staff and environment. The food and accommodation was great. The hoses had a great temperament and suited our different experience levels perfectly. The provided tack and materials were maintained very well and I really liked the lunchboxes had to use on our tour; simple but very nice attention to detail. The activities matched our needs and everyone could get their own level of excitement out of the tour without separating the group from each other. It was also very smart of them to have picked this regions réttir because we could combine activities on their local farm with the gathering, moving and sorting of the sheep without being to far from the guesthouse and business. I will certainly go back for another tour with this nice and cozy business as they have shown me that a commercial riding tour can still give you a feeling of truly belonging to the Icelandic way of doing things and atmosphere.Written 20 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.