- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- I enjoyed every moment of our Sheep roundup tour! I think Elwira and Svenni and the team of guides did an excellent job of keeping us informed, happy and satisfied. They all had a keen eye on personal attention and individual needs for our mixed group of enthusiastic riders. I liked the stay in the guesthouse, it really contributed to the family like experience, truly belonging to the group, staff and environment. The food and accommodation was great. The hoses had a great temperament and suited our different experience levels perfectly. The provided tack and materials were maintained very well and I really liked the lunchboxes had to use on our tour; simple but very nice attention to detail. The activities matched our needs and everyone could get their own level of excitement out of the tour without separating the group from each other. It was also very smart of them to have picked this regions réttir because we could combine activities on their local farm with the gathering, moving and sorting of the sheep without being to far from the guesthouse and business. I will certainly go back for another tour with this nice and cozy business as they have shown me that a commercial riding tour can still give you a feeling of truly belonging to the Icelandic way of doing things and atmosphere.Written 20 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My daughter had a private riding lesson and fantastic interaction with the horse and instructor. As an experienced rider, she didn't want to just do a trail ride and this was exactly what she wanted she was looking for in learning and experiencing the unique gait of this breed. Highly recommended.Written 29 May 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went with 4 other Australians and we rode the ancient Kjolur trail from south to north. It was 6 days of riding.There were 25 riders and 6 guides and 116 free ranging herd of horses.
It's no walk in the park but worth it.Days can be very cold despite being summer there.The accomodation ranges from bunk beds with 9 in a room to 4 in a room. Meals were made each day and were plentiful and tasty.
The guides Paulina and Julia were very helpful and friendly.Charlotte captured many videos for us to remember and cherish.Written 11 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Myself and my sister came to stay and do the northern lights ride. It was the most incredible experience from start to finish. Sophie and the team at the farm are the most welcoming people to meet they made us feel at ease the whole time. The horses, experiences, the food and people were amazing. The places we saw on horseback is truly unforgettable. Sophie is beyond knowledgable about the horses, Iceland and the tours were so beautiful. I would 100% recommend ÍSLANDSHESTAR to anyone thinking of going on holiday with them. Thank you to everyone at the farm for everything the memories made will last a life time. Would defiantly re-book. Can’t wait to stay again!Written 19 March 2023