Speciality & Gift Shops • Architectural Buildings
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- This is a charming spot with lots of unique food and shopping options. We had the 2022 Lonely Planet guide book on our trip around the ring road and it did not include this, so definitely recommend checking it out. Great place to stop if you have kids!Written 11 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cool gallery with some really funky jewelry and brass items. Love the signature on the paper bags and really nice touch. Quality work and I felt reasonably priced. Worth a stop in if in the Selfoss area.Written 18 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Þingborg is a knitted sweater and yarn shop right on the Ring Road (route 1) outside Selfoss. If you're a knitter, then you might have heard the term the "Woolen Circle," which is a cute term that a few local fiber businesses created to publicize their shops for crafters visiting Iceland. This is one stop that has both yarn and knitted sweaters for sale. I'm betting they make more money from the knit sweaters, given the floor space devoted to it, but I was pleased that both were on offer, and the proprietress was quite helpful to the woman who was shopping for sweaters. She didn't have the pattern available for the sweater I saw and wished to knit, but offered other suggestions. Overall, I'm glad I stopped in and whether you're a knitter or just interested in a lovely Icelandic lopapeysa to take home as a souvenir, this is worth a quick stop on your ring road experience.Written 13 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Interesting and fun little shop with both Icelandic design and little trinkets. So many things to look at. Jewelry, clothing, household items and so much more. There was also a friendly, little puppy there. :)Written 18 September 2017
- I was looking for a shop that I could find unique gifts when I stumbled on this little gem. It's an amazing shop with high quality items at suprisingly decent prices. This is a great place to buy non-touristy gifts for you and others. The shop owner and her cute little dog are lovely. I definitely recommend shopping here.Written 8 December 2018
- This is a wonderful place to buy a sweater, jewelry, toy, bag or small ceramic item. Even though we had been looking in Reykjavik, this was the place that we found our sweaters - beautiful! both of us are knitters, so it was wonderful to buy a sweater from a collective run directly by the women who knitted them. We also found a couple of other small gifts to bring back home. The woman who helped us was wonderful, working with us to find things that were just right for us, not steering us to more expensive items or to thins knitted by another member of the collective.
This place had a very genuine feeling and the quality was excellent. Prices were very reasonably - much cheaper than in Reykjavik and with a greater variety of styles.
I would highly recommend it.Written 25 May 2019