- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful wood work and paintings. Gallery was welcoming and clean. We bought two paintings and a small wood hummingbird.Written 1 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful little gallery with great art by local artists. My wife and I purchased a nice piece and had it shipped. This was originally a poor review but I am not modifying the review. We purchased the art during our trip and was told we would receive an email with tracking and would see the painting days after our return home. Instead there was no email and no painting for 3 weeks. We had assumed we were duped and wasted $800. Alas the painting eventually arrived. Our worry would have been prevented had we been able to contact them which isn't possible (their phone does't work and no email is given) and/or had we been told it would take several weeks or an email sent. Thus while we loved this little gallery, I would suggest being careful and at least having a conversation with the staff if having art shipped. Get their contact information and have a way to contact them after your purchase.Written 12 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Made an unexpected stop for dinner one night and it was our best dinner in Costa Rica! 100% authentic. There was no menu and the staff did not speak any English but we managed to order great food/drinks and felt extremely welcomed by everyone! Highly recommend!Written 10 November 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good prices! They have a wide range of items: jewelry, art, carvings, wood, pottery, etc. All items were priced well. I found items that I liked here over any of the souvenir stores.Written 19 April 2022
- I was looking to kill time when I booked this painting/art class. It turned out to be so much fun. Erian speaks great English so it isn't just Spanish like the advertisement said. You pick what piece you would like to make and you transform what was once garbage into a beautiful piece of art. I wish I had more time to do another. I will definitely go back with family and friends to paint again. Erian also has beautiful hand painted souvenirs of his own that you can buy and which I did buy as well as my own.
His enthusiasm for the art is contagious and I'm not an artsy person at all. Thanks for a great experience and such a fun day!!! I will be seeing you again.Written 6 July 2018
- Beautiful souvenirs and such a wonderful owner. Had the pleasure of speaking with Marisol while buying our items and she was a delight. Highly recommmendWritten 12 July 2022
- There is such a variety of clothing and it is all handmade.
All the pieces so colorful! Anne is super nice as well.Written 1 May 2022
- This spot is a bit out of the main touristy area though IS on the Main Street. They have very cool woodworks and artwork and the prices are probably half of what they are in the MAIN area of La Fortuna. Stopping by here is a no-brainer if you’re looking for (more) affordable unique souvenirs.Written 4 April 2022
- What a pleasant change from kitschy souvenirs!! The variety of art was wonderful! We were able to purchase unique handmade necklaces as gifts - but easily could have bought a lot more just for myself!!! May have to go back to do that!!!
My teenagers were not that into it- but the ice cream shop next door offered perfect motivation!!Written 9 October 2016
- I visited La fortuna area recently in April 2021 with a few friends. I highly recommend La Fortuna taxi service for their courteous, reasonable price and readily availability. I have the pleasant of receiving service from Rusbin Cedeno. I actually emailed and asked him about the transportation service before my trip to Costa Rica. He responded back quickly. He took us to Venado cave, he stayed there and waited for us until we finished with the expedition. The next day it was a full day service from Rusbin who took us to Mistico hanging bridges, Arenal park, and La Fortuna waterfall. He is more than happy to stop along the road when we see local fruit stands, and even took us to a big fruit market. Rusbin also recommended local food and took us to a restaurant call "Garra-Pata" which we enjoyed tremendously.
VananhWritten 7 May 2021