- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
12 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Decided to visit this place, hoping to see the huge tuna. It's not a big market and easy for tourist to walk about. Was fortunate enough to see one of the fishing boat unloading their cstch. The fish there were the freshest I have ever seen. Sadly there are no sashimi shop to enjoy these fresh fish.Written 4 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Relatively small market located almost next to the fish market. Good place to get a feel for the kind of vegetables and spices used by the Maldavians.Written 4 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Is is far from a 'Mall' though a good place near the pier to sit and have coffee / drink to relax. It has few shops and cafes.Written 12 May 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Also close to the Republican square and the jetties. STO is probably the best supermarket you will find.
It has a good selection of most goodsWritten 27 April 2019
- This store is awesome!! Upscale souvenirs and home decor for reasonable prices. So many cute scarfs and sarongs and beautiful jewelry. Nicest people working here too! Had a little trouble finding it at first because Apple Maps took me to another location down the road but so happy I did!! I will definitely make this a stop again if I get to come back to Malé!Written 23 September 2021
- one stop for all diving & water sports needs... if you need SSI & MARES you have to go there... cool place friendly staff... can say one of the best in the industry...Written 25 July 2015
- On a hunt for gifts to take home to our family we were thankful to find this amazing little gem. Beautifully laid out shop with a nice range of notebooks, canvas pouches, necklaces, bracelets, rings, pendants, key rings and phone covers. All with a small touch of the Maldives woven into each item. With great prices and service, we managed to find gifts for the whole family in one place.Written 23 April 2022
- Boyfriend and I went last week during Ramadan on a day visit. The chat support through Viber was very helpful to my questions about boat booking. The staff at the booth in Male was very pleasant too.
Since we took the first boat, there were few guests and a lot of stalls closed. Before arriving to crossroads, I checked from online the menu of the restaurants, specially the Sensation beach as we plan to have lunch by the pool/beach. We were surprised to know they are not offering food. Only drinks and some packaged snacks that were not very interesting. We asked where we can have lunch as we arrived hungry and already ready to swim because of the very hot weather. We were told restaurants outside will open in 10mins. So we had to walk back again and found Jiao Wu restaurant. Food was nice, but menu was not exciting to try. I wanted to try Hard Rock Café, but I heard it is more interesting to dine at night, so maybe next time as our boat was at 4:30.
I asked the staff on arrival the possibility to change timing if we decide to, she said need to come back to the entrance and check the seat slots only then they can verify the possibility. That seems like additional work to us, as the reception is far and hope there is a way to request through the booking app.
Anyway we liked very much the pool and beach and the shower rooms. Very nice facilities and not crowded. Maybe will go visit again after Ramadan to see the difference on operation hours of the outlets. Hope there are more stalls and FOOD FOOD please on Sensation Beach. It kinda ruin our mood not to have any food by the beach. One will get hungry after being in the sun and water for more than an hour. I was wondering though if can bring food from other outlets, but since we were staying for short time only we survived with drinks only.Written 2 May 2022
- Amazing products for sensitive skin. I booked an afternoon of treatments at Skin Candy and enjoyed a gorgeous facial, body scrub and full body massage. My skin is always hyper sensitive and products always react with my skin, but not with the Skin Candy products. My skin has never felt and looked better, so clear and even skin tone. Loved the coffee scrub for face and there also one for the body. Can't wait for my next visit. 💞Written 18 March 2020
- Perfect Place to Buy Natural Gems And Jewellery. All Hand maded Jewellery with Natural Gems.Affordable prices.Written 6 June 2019
- This shop is well located near the jetty. It is just behind the row of houses if your arrive from the airport ferry. It is a small shop with a collection of touristy stuff. A bit pricey but there aren't that many shops around.Written 15 April 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Male
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Male:See more budget-friendly shopping in Male on Tripadvisor