Top Attractions in Minsk
What travellers are saying
- Museum Strana Mini is a great place to get an overview of many of Belarus' major castles, historical sites and important buildings all in one place! Staff are helpful, the audio guides incredibly informative and the models themselves are really detailed! My one suggestion is that they should consider more signposting outside - we walked past the museum twice as there is only one sign and a cherry-picker was parked in front of it! Other than this, great addition to any itinerary in Minsk!Written 8 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The attack on the Eastern front of World War II came to life before my eyes! A museum full of traces of the war between Belarus and Russia, arm in arm, back to back!Written 20 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When in Minsk, take some time to visit this church and to thank God for the privilege of being alive and being lucky enough to be visiting Belarus. This is a truly special place to visit. Not for a picture only. But to remind oneself of the bless that is the human existence.Written 8 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This memorial’s purpose is to remember the young men who lost their life during the Afghan war (the one between 1979 and 1988). The bronze statues around the monument represent the mothers of these boys, and the crying angel is crying because he couldn’t save them from death. Never forget these handsome youngsters whose dreams were shut down by the atrocity and stupidity of war.Written 16 July 2022
- An amazing tribute which is currently being airbrushed from history by far right wing western journalists and politicians. 12 million Russian soldiers died during WW2, for example, and liberated Auschwitz firstWritten 25 August 2022
- Worth the visit. Amazing walk around the river in the summer or spring. Nicely lighted in the night. One of the best places to visit in MinskWritten 11 August 2021
- The theatre is a beautiful building both inside and out. Saw Nutcracker there at Christmas. Just wonderfulWritten 24 December 2019
- this place is right near by the city center, This niebour hood is very beautiful, Where you can walk by.Written 15 February 2022
- As a man, that leaves in Minsk and has visited this place more then hundred times I can say that this monument was built in early 1950s and it is about Jewish people that was harmed by Nazi's wile their conquer of the east.
When you visit it you feel like you travel in time, back to the post WW2 Belarus. Thankfully to the government, the park that contains this monument haven't really changed since soviet times and you'll feel that atmosphere.
After all my conclusion is that you should visit this place and walk across park.Written 1 September 2022
- It doesn’t look like the typical Russian Orthodox cathedrals, and that makes it interesting to visit. Although it has a simple appearance, it contains many saints icons.Written 15 July 2022
- Very nice art collection and an amazing cultural café definitely worth visiting. Make sure you pay for the fotky ticket so you can take pictures inside. Had a really great time.Written 5 October 2020
- All our family really enjoyed the visit. Plenty of new interesting information, very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Thank you ❣️ the whole team of the museum for maintaining our history. Highly recommend!!
Усёй нашай сям'і вельмі спадабалася. Шмат новай цікавай інфармацыі, вельмі дабразчлівы і ветлівы персанал. Дзякуем усяму калектыву музея за захаванне нашай гісторыі. Настойліва рэкамендуем!!!Written 17 January 2022
- The Minsk Gates could be considered as Minsk's main landmark and a city symbol.
They stand right across the newly renovated railway station, and despite there's no gate, two twin semi-skyscrapers divided by a street resemble the entrance to the city.
The architecture is the massive Stalin's Empire style which in this case I'd call Soviet Art Deco style. They could be compared to Chrysler or Woolworth bldgs in NYC on a smaller scale.
On top of the left tower is a huge clock, while on the right one is Belarus coat of arms from the ex USSR era.Written 13 November 2019
- Saw scorpions 🦂 at the Minsk arena very impressive venue food is very reasonable but not enough merch standsWritten 16 November 2019
- If you’re looking for a relaxing place to have relaxing strolls in Minsk, the Svislach River Embankment is the suitable place for you! You will find quietness and fresh air.Written 17 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Minsk
- The best outdoor activities in Minsk according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Victory Park
- Loshitskiy Park
- Chelyuskinites Park
- Central Botanical Garden of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus
- Minsk Sea
- The best day trips from Minsk according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private tour from Minsk to Mir, Nesvizh, Kosava, Ruzhany castles
- Sightseeing tour from Minsk to Mir, Nesvizh Castles and Brest Fortress
- Mir Castle - Nesvizh Castle - Minsk and Belarus. One day tour. Natallia Truchan.
- Private tour from Minsk to Lida castle and Grodno city
- Private sightseeing tour from Minsk to 4 castles and palaces
Minsk Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 3:10 am|