Food & Drink
What travellers are saying
- Was there with a group of ten in October 2018. Loved the food and hospitality! I bought their cookbook and have made several desserts since. Highly recommended.Written 18 December 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We absolutely loved our time with Irene and her family. She has a lovely location near the Bethlehem market. We explored the market, toured an olive press museum and then spent the rest of our time cooking a delicious meal.
We loved our experience with Irene because it was as if we were in her home (we almost were, they live behind the home you cook in). We cooked alongside her mother, who told us stories of her childhood growing up there. We met her her husband who owns a bakery in town. The food was fantastic, but the personal interaction was even better.
Irene is incredibly welcoming and she has created a gem of business. I can't recommend her class enough! Thank you for a fantastic afternoon.Written 31 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Daoud was kind, knowledgable, thorough, and patient. He didn’t shy away from talking through the tough parts of history, yet always showed joy. Highly recommend him if you’re ever in Bethlehem!!!Written 20 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Although I'm a local but I've been only a few times to the market 'souq', which is like a 15 minute walk!
Once I heard about Farayek I was curious and excited to experience such a tour; a tour for food. Actually sharing delicious healthy food with other people in the tour is what made us become friends. And yet, being accompanied with amazing leaders who had everything organized, had opened my eyes even as a local to some info I would've never known about if I didn't join the tour.
Totally recommend this tour to every individual! THANK YOU FARAYEK!!!!Written 19 September 2019
- Cooking class with Farah was one of the highlights of our trip! Our children, ages 8 and 10, loved getting to cut, mix, prep and finally eat! The view from the kitchen is amazing. Her class is in Bethlehem, right in the old city so great for sightseeing before or after. She makes the menu as elaborate or as simple as you'd like. Highly recommend!Written 18 September 2023
- Ahmad is an incredible host! The room, located in Dheisha refugee camp, is clean and spacious. I spent there a night with my boyfriend and we felt like home. Ahmad and his family are really welcoming. And the food that her mum cooked was delicious! I’m sure that we are going to meet again because we feel really close to Ahmad and now we can call him a true friend. I really recommend his place to anyone interested in Palestinian culture, gastronomy and the situation in the refugee camps.Thanks a lot Ahmad from Joan and Natalia. We are looking forward to see you again!Written 10 December 2019