This "snorkelling tour" is not as advertised and there are many improvements that need to be made. We DO NOT recommend this tour.
1. We were told we would be picked up at 7:30am from our resort. After 3 phone calls to the owners, we were finally picked up at 8:35am. The 11hrs is very deceptive because in all, we were only on the speedboat for about 8.5 hrs, the other 2.5 were spent waiting for the car to pick us up or at the marina.
2. We arrived at the marina over an hour late and were given a very lack-lustre breakfast.
3. We didn't leave until 10am after a long briefing that you couldn't hear at all due to approx. 250 other people being in the marina. In this briefing, they told us that it was essential to buy their water shoes so that we don't step on any sea urchins - we didn't buy any and had no issues at all - they use scare tactics (graphic pictures of people who have stepped on them) to try to earn a bit more money.
4. They advertise as snorkelling gear provided - they only provide masks, flippers need to be hired at an extra cost (conveniently they don't mention that in the ad).
5. For a snorkelling tour, you don't actually spend much time snorkelling. Left at 10am and returned at 6:30pm, and in that 8.5hrs, we only spent AT MOST 1.5hrs actually in the water. You spend at least 4hrs just moving between places on the boat (which was very crowded with 40 people). This snorkelling time included us paying extra to go on the Long Tail boats which give you an extra 20mins of snorkelling.
6. You can't swim at Maya Bay, despite the ad saying it has perfect snorkelling and colourful reefs. You can only walk along the beach.
7. To enter the Khai Island, you have to pay 10 baht per person which they also don't mention in the ad. We were very lucky to have brought cash, as some people didn't and so had to sit on the boat for an hour whilst everyone else got off. There is also no snorkelling at Khai Island, which is also a misleading feature of the promotion.
8. This is also only a 7-stop tour, not 9 as advertised. We had a 20min snorkel, then went to Pi-Leh Lagoon, then another 20min snorkel, then Maya Bay, then Monkey Beach, then Phi Phi Don for lunch, then Khai Island before returning to the marina.
9. The actual snorkelling locations were very mediocre. The corals were not very colourful, and you weren't able to swim for very long (not that you needed to because there wasn't much to see).
Despite all this, the guides on the boat were lovely, very helpful and kind, they explained activities well and were very knowledgeable of the area. They were the only positive highlight of the day.