- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
50 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 50
What travellers are saying
- I have sent many customers and staff to Khun Air over the years... everyone has been grateful for the recommendation. Great location, authentic Muay Thai and a very nice guy at a very reasonable price. Give it a whirl you won't be disappointed... sore maybe but will have a smileWritten 20 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I’ve trained at Chang a few times over the years and I’m a huge fan. Great work out and the staff know when they’re doing. Non intimidating and welcomes people of all ages and skill level. Highly recommendWritten 1 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Just back from one of the best 3 weeks of my life at Revolution gym, I want to go back already – it is an amazing place!
I was looking for a safe place to train and work remotely traveling solo in Thai. I chose Revolution Gym due to hundreds of five-star reviews, convenient location next to the beach and a cosy village with all the necessities at a walking distance and high-quality accommodation with reliable Wi-Fi. Shortly - all my expectations were exceeded, and I can recommend this place with pleasure!
From my first contact with Tim and Aiste (family who owns and runs the gym) I always got quick response, they were flexible in terms on when I start and how do I book classes and accommodation, which suited me as I was traveling for work prior to my arrival and was planning as a go. Tim and Aiste were helpful, quick to respond, flexible, friendly, and caring. Aiste and Tim come to spend time at the gym nearly every day and they take a lot of care of the gym and people there. You can ask them anything, they are just so helpful! Thank you both for keeping the place alive thru covid!
This is the 3rd Muay Thai gym I train at in Thailand, and it is the best one so far! From day one trainers took a lot of interest and enthusiasm in my progress, even thou I am just a beginner. I started with a group class in the morning and as Tim recommended took 1-2-1 session in the evening same day – and oh boy in one hour the trainer elevated my level!! Each of Revolution Gym trainers are skilled, professional, dedicated, and enthusiastic, they take every person that comes to the pads seriously even the beginners and tailor the training for each person! They are also good fun to be around 😊
I can’t speak highly enough of the trainers – they are just SO GOOD!
During my stay I did both group classes and 1-2-1 sessions. Group session begins with a run, stretch, work on the bags, pad work, some sessions included clinching and sparring and ending with more conditioning. You sweat a lot!
One on one classes were absolutely amazing, as you get to train with skilled professional trainer with undivided attention and learn new skills even faster! And yes, you sweat a lot!
I do recommend both group and personal sessions!
PEOPLE at the gym I trained with at a time were so supportive, like-minded, and focused on improving themselves. I feel very luck to make so many new friends in those 3 weeks. I never felt alone or lonely in this place. Even when I got into a scooter accident – everyone, including trainers and gym owners was checking up on me daily and making sure I had everything I needed, helped me with recovery and got me back to the trainings in no time. I will miss each and every one of you guys dearly.
Next to the gym is Recovery Food café by Apple and Lobo – my personal HEAVEN ON EARTH! I ate there several times per day, amazing quality food, superb service – such an added value to the gym!! I have tried everything there and always so delicious and fresh! Thank you, Apple and Lobo, if you are reading this!! I would flight out to Thailand just to get one of those Coco Espresso on Ice any day!!!
My first week I stayed at 6th Avenue and the next 2 weeks at Palmyrah Surin Residence – both accommodations are excellent value for money, and I had no problem working remotely. Both hotels are walking distance to the gym, have pools, daily cleaning - at Palmyrah thou I had daily cleaning only when I booked my room with the reception, otherwise cleaning had to be booked and budgeted separately, which is not a big issue, but I did prefer to have a daily one as I was so very tired from the trainings to clean by myself.
I loved Palmyrah – it is not exactly a hotel, more like a residence, but very modern rooms, good aircon, internet, we hang out with gym peers by the pool on our breaks. Palmyrah has two LONG pools where you can actually swim, I used both – more shade and coolness in the downstairs one during hot day time and breath-taking sunsets from the rooftop one in the evenings.
Palmyrah’s manager Milada was often at the lobby working, she is absolutely lovely and elevates the hotel with her friendliness and stunning presence! She was always helpful when I needed to extend my stay and organize late check-out.
I found the area to be very safe for female solo traveller. Surin beach is beautiful for sunsets and swimming and is a walking distance from Palmyrah and the gym. We often went to Bangtao town and beach too; Friday market is great for food and fire show.
I can recommend Revolution GYM to anyone, this is a great place to improve your Muay Thai, stay short or long term for holiday or remote work, it is a great base to discover Phuket, make new friends and improve your fitness!
I stayed in June, which is considered a rainy season – do not worry too much about it, it does rain but we had plenty of sun and I got my tan too!
Remember this is not a commercial gym, it is a small family-owned place so bring the right attitude, show up, be friendly and responsible and you will have the best time of your life!
THANK YOU REVOLUTION TEAM! I will be back and bring friends!Written 26 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We spent a month in Unit 27 recently and can't recommend it highly enough.
The staff are all absolutely brilliant... Their explanations of the class are so thorough so nobody is left behind regardless of language.
The classes are brutal, and are varied enough to suit everyone's taste. The online booking system is great and easy to use.
In short, Unit 27 is the perfect place to smash yourself into super fitness.Written 13 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The circus ninja warrior and trapeze was such a delight.My kids loved it.The crew was so polite.Great experience for the family.Written 8 July 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great place to go to.
My trainer Pong is helpful and gives you enough to challenge you, but still make it enjoyable.
I have been here 4 times and always enjoy it.
I mainly just do Muay Thai, but speaking to others the other classes are just as good.Written 19 October 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I went to the gym twice during my stay at Phuket. The coaches are very friendly and the class was suitable for all abilities. I would strongly recommend this gym to everyone.Written 2 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Compared to the nearby popular Muay Thai gym, Dragon offers less crowds, more training time, and the unsaid requirement of higher fitness levels. The coaches here are cool, laid back, but train tough, This is perfect for those who already have previous experience with Muay Thai.Written 25 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I was looking for a fitness holiday for a week in-between work in Bangkok- thank goodness I came across BeFitreat! It suited me absolutely perfectly. The airport pickup (and drop off) was much appreciated followed by the orientation by Helen. There is a fitness timetable and you can choose to do as many or few classes as you like. It's very tempting to do more than maybe you should, but I did at least two and often 3 classes a day. The instructors are amazing- these were the best classes I've ever done. I am much older than most people there (often around double their age!) but I was made to feel like I fitted into the group. The instructors were so helpful in correcting technique and providing alternatives. No one judged you and all were so friendly and helpful. I was only able to stay for a week, but I can see why people kept extending their stay- it was hard to leave.Written 1 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Rattachai Muay Thai is a superb family run gym in Phuket. It's among the couple of gyms that I've gone to that really deserves 5 stars for a couple of factors.
For starters, it's placed 1 block far from soi-ta-iad, therefore it's really near what mma fighters street is offering. Next, the gym is immaculate and well run. Third, Nit and Noi are 2 of probably the kindest individuals that you'll actually meet, and allow you to feel welcomed at the gym of theirs. This isnt a fitness center which is only for martial artists. Everybody is welcomed, and everybody gets instruction that is excellent . Quarter, the fitness center is not over crowded. An essential trouble with lots of the gyms on Soi-ta-sad is they've way too many visitors and too few trainers. As an outcome, your oftentimes only nobody and a face gets to understand you. The community at Rattachai is a lot lesser and a lot more tight knit. Fifth, the trainers at Rattachai almost all have an excellent fighting experience and also do a huge task of concentrating on technique. The trainers dont simply concentrate on the many gifted pupils. They offer every person with excellent knowledge and be sure to mention errors once you cause them to become. As an outcome, the method of yours will certainly boost quickly, and also you are going to learn a great deal. Lastly, price. You receive the benefits of training with champions without having a top value. The training is certainly well worth the money.
Rattachai Muay Thai is among the very best gyms that I've previously visited. Right after having taught in Thailand, China, the Philippines, and the United States, I claim that Rattachai is truly an excellent workout room for folks of all levels and all ages. Do yourself a favor and look it over in case you're in Phuket. You will not be disappointed.Written 11 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I’ve only been here for a week but it was the best decision I have made as an adult! I have never tried Muay Thai before and chose this gym because they seemed more serious and less commercial than some of them up the road.
That was the right call. Kittisak Suwit and his entire operation run smoothly, cover ever need I may have (from food, lodging, training, and even transportation options) and the rooms have TVs with many many channels, some even in English.
The trainers are incredibly nice and supportive. Sep (I wish I knew how to really spell his name) is my trainer and he keeps me on my toes and sweating like a fat kid chasing a Twinkie, but he has such a great humor about it. Mr Suwit overseas everything and you can tell he is very customer focused as he will watch to make sure all of his clients get good training. I have watched as he stepped in to change a trainer or give guidance.
I’m just thoroughly pleased and can’t recommend enough!!! I’m already planning my next holiday here and I STILL HAVE THREE WEEKS LEFT ON THIS ONE!
Kawpkoon Khrap!!!!Written 4 October 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Vastly better than Revolution Muay Thai (stay away from that place). I only had two sessions here but would definitely come back! Great location near Surin Beach. Coaches are fun and give great instruction. I did a private session with one of the trainers. Started with a warmup, then we just worked on technique without pads and gloves. Then we did a few pad rounds, and then drilled blocking kicks and countering with teeps. Lesson lasted the full hour.
I came for the morning group class the next day. There was only one other person so it was like having a semi private lesson! The class lasted about two hours. Started with running and jump rope and then some stretching. Then we did drilled some techniques and combinations on the bag. Then we did a few pad rounds, and then drilled kick catches, sweeps, and counters. Finished with some clinching and then stretching.
The woman that works at the shop is also very nice and friendly. Will definitely be coming back next time I am in Phuket.Written 22 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Wanmai is an excellent trainer, and does a great job of running his gym. There are a lot of excellent thai fighters to train with, so the clinching and sparring is some of the best training you'll get anywhere in Phuket. The daily workouts, bag work, and pad work is also very good.Written 7 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Travelling with two kids (an 8 year old and 10 year old), we found it surprisingly hard to find any gyms where as a visiting family we could all have a small number of Muay Thai lessons to get a basic idea of the sport. Everywhere seemed focused only on serious adults, or long term courses / camps. Chok chai were amazing. Friendly and responsive both to our enquiries in advance, and with the grown ups & kids on the day. We had to structure it as private lessons, but the kids shared one teacher and were half price. Teachers were super patient at our complete cluelessness and happy for us to take lots of photos. If you're short on time but would like to give your family a taste of Muay Thai, I'd definitely recommend Chok Chai!Written 19 February 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We went diving with Petra. She was great teaching my son a discovery dive in the morning. This was followed by two dives in the afternoon with my daughter and I who were PADI qualified. She was fun to be with, professional and courteous. We dived at Paradise Island which was not too far away but saw nice coral and various types of sea life. A great experience and great fun.Written 25 December 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Phuket
- These are the best places for couples seeking sports camps & clinics in Phuket:See more sports camps & clinics for couples in Phuket on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking sports camps & clinics in Phuket:
- REVOLUTION GYM PHUKET
- Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Phuket
- AKA Thailand Muay Thai, MMA Fitness
- Sutai Muay Thai Phuket
- Rattachai Muay Thai Gym - Day Classes
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for sports camps & clinics in Phuket:
- REVOLUTION GYM PHUKET
- Unit 27 Total Conditioning & CrossFit Phuket
- AKA Thailand Muay Thai, MMA Fitness
- Fighters Gym
- Sumalee Boxing Gym (Sumalee Phuket)