Points of Interest & Landmarks
Central America Attractions
Top Central America Attractions
Top Attractions in Central America
Nature & Wildlife Areas • Waterfalls
Admission tickets from HK$144.76
What travellers are saying
- It's a one of lifetime tour that provide by the cruise ship. It was so faboulus to see how the canal de panama was operated.Written 15 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great Marble Carving and architecture from France and Spain incorporated into the making of this fine building where the aristocrats gathered back in the earlier century. Now everyone can enjoy the building today since inly the wealthy could afford to attend events at this one of a kind back in the day.Written 24 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our party of nine thoroughly enjoyed our visit. It is well worth the 500 steps down to the waterfall and adjacent swimming area. You can actually go into the base of the falls to swim ( strong swimmers only) or just go to the calmer water which is right there as well (suitable) for all ages. DEFINATELY WEAR WATER SHOES OR SNEAKERS IF YOU GO INTO THE FALLS SIDE. There is a changing room and snack area where you buy your tickets. Take your time coming back up and enjoyWritten 7 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Shaquiel Bodden was our AMAZING server. He had the absolute BEST time we have ever had in our LIFETIME! You MUST see this piece of paradise during your lifetime as well. I promise you, you will not find anywhere as beautiful and accommodating as Little French Key in Roatan, Honduras. Shaq will forever be a part of our family now. I promise, you want him in yours as well. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Shaq and Little French Key.Written 6 September 2022
- Absolutely amazing experience !
Very hard hike but so worth it at the top ! Staff were excellent, food was amazing that they cooked us , and the volcano views were unreal , highly recommendWritten 13 September 2022
- Everything was close, local interaction was great, we enjoyed ourselves. Great stay, we also stayed in Flamingo.Written 18 September 2022
- Beautiful beach, and good if you just stay nearby. Friendly locals. Enjoy the fine sunset from the beach or just play in the water. Near the Manuel Antonio park. Overall good visitWritten 11 September 2022
- Despite being listed as a attraction in antigua, pacaya volcano is located around an hour an half’s drive from same.
To visit it you will need to either have your own wheels or do it as part of a tour. I don’t believe public transport is a great option. We did a day tour with ox expeditions at a cost of 470Q (add on another 100Q for entrance cost). These tours are really half days - ours left at 0600 and had us back in antigua shortly after 1pm. CA travel also offer a similar day tour.
The tours all follow a similar itinerary. Starts with a fairly steep hike up one side. Couple of stops at miradors before you reach the lava field. The lava field is still somewhat active so they use the rocks to roast marshmallows for a gimmick.
The lava field allows views of the volcano top but you don’t get that close to the summit.
Following the lava field you go across the base before descending the other side. The other side is wider and less steep. This is the side that the horses exist on and so if you start from this side you can hitch a ride up. Some do it as a loop going from just the one side.
Overall I was happy with the experience and would recommend this to others. I didn’t think the hiking element was all that difficult for those with average fitness.Written 22 September 2022
- This is a great Zoo that has many different animals. It takes about an hour and half to see everything. Definitely worth checking out when in Guatemala City.Written 31 October 2021
- Beautifully situated bay with active surf for boogie boarding, body surfing or surfing. Dark sand beach with rocks so plan accordingly for footwear. Found the Southern part of bay much more sandy and easy on the feet. Perfect surfing conditions for learners with no coral reef. Need to leave town and drive around the back way to get to this part of beach (or walk a ways down beach from Jaco main strip). Manta rays in surf and small fish in water a plus. However heed signs on strong undertow. No lifeguards so be vigilant and safe. We advised our teens to stay together in a group - not use buddy system which we tend to follow - based on our Airbnb host strong recommendation. Glad we did. Frolicking in waves is loads of fun, however it tires the body. At the end of our day, one of the younger teens fell slightly behind the breaking wave line and started getting pulled out. He was not able to make it back to shore alone. Luckily, I had my husband in the water with the kids. He sent the youngest two in towards shore and stayed with my 18-year old son to pull our friend’s son back to safety. It took two of them to do so.Written 23 June 2022
- A quick stop here to document your Belize visit for a social media post is a must. Take a pic from behind the palms adds character and depth.Written 17 May 2021
- Wauw, Wauw, Wauw! Everything we saw this day was more than we could imagine. And that all is thanks to our guide Samuel who is the best! He knows the behaviours of the animals, knows a lot about the park en is very enthousiastic. We enjoyed every single moment and saw animals that we wouldn't found by our own.Written 23 September 2022
- This place is incredible. Tons of marine life. The coral is beautiful. It is mostly pretty shallow except for the channel.Written 24 September 2022
- The water taxi is within 5 minute walking distance from the Great House Inn and the Radisson Fort George Marina Belize City Hotel. This is a high speed boat that will transport you from Belize City to Caye Caulker or the last stop is San Pedro. Please note that if you sit along the sides of the boat you may get splashed with water. Sitting in the center seats you stay dryer. If you have a hotel near the beaches in Cay Caulker or San Pedro there are limited flights from Belize City airport. This is another mode of transportation to get to these other cities.Written 22 June 2022