Top Attractions in Coleraine
What travellers are saying
- I went to the Crannagh for a 30 min introduction to water skiing. My husband came to watch. Staff really friendly and welcoming, chatted while waiting. I used one of their wetsuits which smelt clean (you know what a wetsuit can smell like....) and used their changing rooms, basic and functional. I had a short introduction lesson on the jetty then onto the boat (husband came on boat too which we weren't expecting) and honestly it was great.....easier than it looks. I wasn't water skiing with any grace or style but I was standing up. I got several laps of the river. My arms were feeling it by the end so the session wasn't too short at all. I felt it was worth the price, can't remember but think it's £35? for 15 min on the water and the whole thing takes 45 min or so by the time you get wetsuit in and off. Recommended.Written 30 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best place for a birthday party. We had my wee boys 7th Birthday here, excellent customer service from booking at the beginning to the very end! The girl that looked after our party did an amazing job! She took care of everything leaving me with nothing at all to do! The kids food was lovely, alley cats is very clean, and staff are very helpful! Will definitely be having every other party here from now on and the bonus is I had no cleaning up to do! Thank you to all the staff at Alley Cats!Written 4 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best speciality market is at St George's in Belfast but this one is always well supported and seems to have grown slightly in recent years, especially during the summer months when the weather is sometimes better.
It runs every second Saturday each month so if visiting the town you can add a visit to the list of things to do.
On our last visit the morning turned out very wet so the market decamped to the concourse of the Diamond Centre.Written 12 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good to bring the kids out and about for the day. Will be back here again in the future . Thanks again to all the staff so helpfulWritten 11 January 2020
- Always a great trip for the kids. Kids always have a great time. Price of the food is a bit dear, but it wouldn't stop us going back.Written 18 January 2022
- The staff at the Coleraine Library are top notch. Very friendly and worked hard to find the right staff person to help us with some family tree research. They opened up the genealogy resource room for us and set up the microfiche with the information we would need.
Pointed out some books that would enhance what we were doing as wells
Could not have been nicer to us especially since we just dropped in.Written 19 September 2019
- Beautiful countryside with breathtaking views...walking boots advised, but not essential. Very good guidence given and information. Usually great facilities and everyone is very helpful and friendly. If you're visiting the Giant's Causeway, go later in the day...evening preferably! We visited at 8.30 and it was so much quieter (although Visitors Centre was closed), but amazing photo opportunities and no crowds1Written 31 July 2018
- A lovely local resource. We’ve seen many great shows here, and our kids attend summer school and youth theatre in this space. Highly recommended.Written 6 May 2020
- Went last summer with daughter and we/she loved it. Will be going back this year. Theres a tuck shop but we will bring a picnic this time & make a day of it. Opening times are limited so check before you go. V affordable aswelWritten 30 March 2017
- Brilliant day out, everyone waiting for the smashes. Destruction derby and more, Reliant robins racing, really such fun as well as caravan destruction derbyWritten 26 December 2018
- Went to jump lanes trampoline park that is in the "score"center ... and sat for 45 mins in the cold.. even though it was warm outside there is very little heat in the place.... there is nothing wow about the place .. dusty old shed.. the woman who done my booking looked like never seen a bath.. £7for 45... rip off get better value else where and very little to eat in the place as well to do after the kids had a go on the trampoline. .will keep it short as 2 much to write.. never be back in itWritten 7 September 2019
- I took my grandson to see the exhibition in the cultural centre and was really impressed. The volunteers who run the centre are very passionate about getting the public interested in the exhibits and historical references. I was told that they would be more than willing to help me research for family members who had served in the war.
I learned enough from the exhibition to want me to find out more. I will definitely be back and am trying to encourage others to visit.Written 4 October 2017
- Had a fab afternoon doing the Spirit of the Bann Tour. Great Craic. Local whiskey, food combined with the glorious Bann makes this a trip not to miss. Everyone was extremely knowledgeable re their area of expertise....Tim describing the Whiskey, Wendy the local produce fabulously presented , Fiona the history of the river and Ian's local wildlife knowledge. Great TripWritten 21 September 2022
- We did a private Game of Thrones Tour which included a visit to the Giants' Causeway. We were very interested in history, culture, and scenery, in addition to Game of Thrones sites, and this tour provided all of that.
Our driver and guide was Dean, and he was excellent. We visited many beautiful sites and ruins, including some spots that would have been inaccessible in a large coach. Some highlights were the Binevanagh Lookout, Downhill Dumesne and the Mussendem Temple, Dunluce Castle, Ballintoy Harbour, Larrybane Quarry, and, of course, the Giants' Causeway.
Dean has studied history, so he was very informative and had interesting stories about many of the places we visit. He is also a longtime resident of the area. Furthermore, he has family members who were extras in the show, so he had some stories about that, too.
We really enjoyed our day and left feeling that we had learned a lot, filled our eyes and our camera, and made a new friend.Written 10 June 2022
- The Jet Centre has been around for ages and does not look very appealing from the outside. The roads leading into it have potholes that look as if they were hit by meteors. It is however, much better inside and a great place to spend the day. There are plenty of machines and games to use, a great bowling alley, the spectacular restaurant Yoko and a great cinema. It is worth mentioning that the new VIP seats in the cinema are fantastic.Written 20 February 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Coleraine