- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Took my wife to metrocentre for a birthday treat she loves going there lots of shops to see and stuff to buy,yes some empty ones aswell,but I don't the point of having signs telling to walk on one side because didn't follower the signs on the floor the times I had to move my wife in her wheelchair out of the way because people was walking on our side coming towards us when it says one way on the floor,yes i loved my visit to metrocentre and would go again but they need to make up the minds about the one way because people just don't follower it anymore.Written 2 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited level 2 today with 4 of our grandchildren. They spent a very happy 1.5 hours with bricks, magnetic, foam and wooden! We didn't get as far as the colouring table. We didn't venture into the gallery with them as we have thought exhibitions unsuitable in the past. Nor did we read them any stories. We dislike how 'woke' it is - We guess heavily subsidised by the council. The cafe had changed and there was less choice. Donations for drinks is an interesting concept. We thought the staff in the cafe were super friendly and helpful and we love the view from the lifts.Written 16 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This museum has a lot to offer. I was surprised to see so different things in a small museum. Well organised. A must view!Written 30 May 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a good retail world. It’s one of my favourites I have ever visited. It’s a shame that I hate shopping.Written 27 June 2020
- Trinity Square is a great local shopping centre that's clean and safe to visit with a good choice of shops and places to eat and have a coffee. They have many free events throughout the year which is great for kids and adults, in fact the whole family. You can come to the cinema and have a meal and get your essential shopping done all in one place!Written 9 August 2021
- Was there a long time ago. This is really good place for children. The food stalls are good. If you want chocolate and sweet or any other type of food EG: meat this is the place for you.Written 12 July 2020
- Very helpful and friendly, always leave with a bag of goodies and plenty of advice with being first time puppy ownersWritten 12 January 2022
- Saw some goods for sale on FB from Green Ginger Gallery but they had sold out already. Contacted the store who ordered more for me and put them aside for pick up. When I went to pick up I just loved this quaint little place. It's got such a lot of great stuff - unfortunately I was traveling so unable to buy as much as I wanted - great place!!!Written 5 April 2018
- hi just picked up my valentine card during click and collect perfect service all rules adhered to and cant wait til they open again full time amazing different range at affordable pricesWritten 10 February 2021
- Located just a few min walk away from a busy Low Fell high street, Pop-Up is a family owned boutique shop, where your imagination is your only limitation! Owned and run by Laura (the designer lady) and John and their 3 boys. I have been shopping there since it opened and must say i have never been disappointing. If you want a quirky personalised gift its the place to go! Love it!Written 4 January 2019
- An outstanding record shop just outside of Newcastle. A great mix of loads of second hand vinyl at good prices and some new records too.Written 8 October 2022
- Called into metro centre primark today ,my was it busy. Would just like to thank Louisa who helped out when I got the wrong size top by running upstairs to get me the right oneWritten 27 December 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Gateshead
- These are the best places for budget-friendly shopping in Gateshead:See more budget-friendly shopping in Gateshead on Tripadvisor