Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins
Popular things to do
- Bus Tours
- Archaeology Tours
- Historical Tours
- Cultural Tours
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Walking Tours
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Special Offers
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Family Friendly
Top Attractions in Central Greece
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Every foreigner visiting Greece,
Temple of Athena Goddess
Archaelogical site of Delphi
Archaelogical Museum of DeplhiWritten 30 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great place to grab a bite while the kids are fully occupied. Check the hours for the attractions activities - they open mainly during the weekendWritten 18 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Worth the 40 minutes drive to see - and even visit - this amazing place. There are few place to grab lunch nearby.Written 18 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A very special place. Still a lot of work to be done to explain to most people. Such as the battle field and the significance of the Phocian walls. And a better explanation of the plaque on top of the hill. Translations in all languages please.
But overall a very moving experience.
Staff at the museum were very helpful.Written 16 June 2022
- A beautiful drive up along the coast road from Loutra Edipsou to escape the August crowds. Plenty of beach space and shelter under the tree lined beach. A handful of shops and tavernas to seek refreshments in and beautiful clear waters.Written 12 August 2018
- It was an amazing experience.. Great for kids but adults too. You can go there have a good walk into the forest, hike, have a picnic and there is also a very beautiful cafeteria inside the park.Written 3 May 2022
- Nothing very exotic here and definitely no comparison to Seychelles. The islands can be reached either from the mainland (Kammena Vourla) or Euboea (Kavos). Boats take you first to see a sunken cargo ship from WW II which is not even visible on a mildly windy day, and then to one of two beaches. We ended up on Monolia looking for a sun umbrella that was free. The beach becomes so crowded during the day that if you want a sun umbrella and loungers you either have to get there early in the morning or late in the afternoon. The bay is pretty and the water has a lovely turquoise colour, but one has to be able to bear the masses and the noise. Honestly, you can spare the 7 euros per person and stay on the beach at Kavos, if you are on Euboea.Written 7 August 2020
- The Leonidas Monument is a nice statue in Thermopylae and there are 2 signs for nice information, but for the rest there is not much to do. On the other side of the road you can walk up for 2 minutes for the fortified hill of Kolonos.Written 12 January 2022
Is it worth visiting in winter months? Has anyone been in December?
Is it safe to drive and access the gorge during winter? Has anyone experienced the gorge in Winter months?Written 16 August 2021
- It's one of the most visited museums in all of Greece, and it was wonderfully laid out, things were presented well, and it didn't take a long time to explore the collection. You can spend as much or as little time as you'd like. There were some great highlights here which we enjoyed first before visiting the archeological site. It helped give some context as to what we'd see amongst the ruins so I was glad we did the museum first (also, the museum closed before the ruins did when we visited in May)Written 17 July 2022
- currents change every 6 hours. People in town are helpful and nice. teens swimming in the sea friendly Nice breeze to seat outdoors and walkWritten 7 June 2021
- We went at night for drinks >>The view was impressive >>The lights , the pines Best memories >>Recommendable to go in the eveningWritten 7 June 2021
- A very beautiful place, the springs are really hot. Be aware of the fact that there’s no shadows anywhere and you can get sunburned. Even during the summer season you can easily find a spot in the little baths and mostly locals visit the place.Written 4 July 2022
- Unique wine sipping experience upon a spectacular terrace with such breathtaking views that would easily inspire even a painter, a writer or an artist! Extraordinary wines, even handpicked and awarded from world known wine critics, delicious cold dishes, relaxing atmosphere, amazing people, gentle service, fabulous romantic place which also caters for families since kids can explore the wine yards, convenient guided tour to the winery and perfect wines you can taste or buy as souvenir gifts for your friends and family will provide you with more than you could ever ask from an awesome winery visit!Written 26 July 2022
- WOW!! Unbelievable beach! The views on the way are spectacular! There is a great beach bar with Souvlaki and drinks. The most beautiful beach in Evia I’ve seen! Worth the trek !Written 5 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Central Greece
- The best day trips from Central Greece according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Delphi English Day Trip from Athens
- Delphi One Day Trip from Athens
- Delphi full day private tour from Athens
- Delphi & Leonidas with 300 Spartans battlefield
- From Athens: Full-Day Bus Trip to Delphi and Arachova