- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
15 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- My wife and I visited the Dunbar Town House - We'd 17 May22. Nicely located in the high street so you can't miss it
A hidden gem of Dunbar History and information and it's also a Picture/Painting Gallery.
The very helpful staff were very warm and friendly, especially 'Mhairi' (Celtic name) who actually offered us a guided tour of the upstairs Civic Offices & old Gaol.
Our tour guide was a volunteer named Pauline.
Pauline has an excellent knowledge of the Dunbar Civic Offices history and Town House.
The tour also included a visit to the old Gaol and to the bottom of the bell tower
We enjoyed the tour very much as Pauline was always happy to answer questions.
A lovely cozy building and very worth while a visit rain or shine. It's Free admission, but they do appreciate donations in the box in the entrance hall.
We totally recommend the Dunbar Town House.
Thanks once again to all the staff & volunteers for making our afternoon in Dunbar a very good experience.
Kind Regards, Dave & Kaz, ShropshireWritten 18 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Discovered the studio after recommendation at Tantallon Castle and paid impromptu visit. What a lovely gallery from two fantastic artists. Ronnie Fulton (ceramics) was very friendly and spent time talking to us about his work. Worth a visitWritten 5 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went to the market as its located right next to the Museum of Flight. (which is Brilliant) Its not what it used to be. A lot smaller now and only a few car boots. Typical tack stalls but an excellent mobile butcher... worth a look but dont have high expectations.Written 21 September 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was our 2nd visit whilst here on holiday. Lovely little shop / bistro. We sat outside with our young puppy on a lovely little garden area with lots of bamboo. Lovely food, lovely coffee, would highly recommend. Will deffo return.Written 19 August 2021
- Visited for the first time with friends who had been before. Eatery was not very busy and we wondered why at midday on a Sunday. My wife ordered a small vegetarian quiche £9 and I ordered a beef baguette at £8 together with 2 coffees. Our friends ordered a beef baguette and a cheese and ham baguette £7.50. The cheese and ham baguette content was seriously lacking. Perhaps, missing would have been a better description. The taste of the individual items was, at best, ok but taking into account the price was a rip-off. By the way, it’s order and collect from the counter. Not table service. It’s a shame because it was a nice place. Adjoins a shop and small garden centre, kids playground. Nice walks around the estate. Would we go back? Yes, but only for coffee. Not many families can could afford to go there and have more than a drink. That’s maybe why it wasn’t very busy.Written 19 July 2022
- This is a lovely little shop which sells bits and bobs made by lots of different people, not your run of the mill souveniers! Lovely homemade gems! We ended up spending a fortune on a picture but could've spent an awful lot more if I had the money!!Written 15 August 2017
- As whisky lovers, we were thrilled to find this wonderful little shop. Even better when we saw the lovely little table in the window, made from a barrel and the ‘Flights’ menu on the blackboard. We sat down and had a whisky flight of 3, very different but all excellent whiskies. They also do gin and rum flights and wine too if whisky is not your thing. Fabulous choice of wines, whiskies, beers and other spirits to buy.Written 13 October 2019
- We were here for the Christmas Fair and went into the Mart (the new name of the Knowes Farm Shop). There’s a post office and also a deli counter with great scotch eggs. Loads of organic and environmentally friendly products. Great place to shop.Written 7 November 2020
- excellent choice, excellent knowledge complimented by excellent service will definitely become a frequent visitor
thank youWritten 16 August 2022
- Lovely friendly local shop with a good selection of gift ideas and a good selection of candles and diffusersWritten 1 December 2019
- Lovely wee gallery with some nice little items but nothing had a price on it which was a bit off putting.Written 1 February 2017
- I love this shop as it holds all of my favourite childhood sweets.. lots of different flavours of bonbons, chewing nuts, brazil nuts, Go and visit and treat yourself to some of your favourite sweets.. you will not be disappointedWritten 12 July 2015
- Had the most delightful time chatting with the ladies who worked in the shop. The were very helpful in helping us locate gifts featuring the Dunbar Tartan. When I left, I felt I had
made some new friends.Written 1 September 2019
- I love, love, love cashmere! I am delighted to have found Belinda Robertson's cashmere at Fenton Barns. I have visited the store twice during sales and have made some great purchases at wonderful prices. The quality of the cashmere is the best I have found anywhere.Written 5 November 2014