Military Museums • Speciality Museums
Top Attractions in East Lothian
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Our recent visit to the museum was a first time for my wife and I along with our 2 young children. The whole experience was just great. The staff are all so friendly and very informative. The Concorde was our favourite and wonderful experience. So much information surrounding the aircraft.
There is a hanger which has lots of exciting things for all to play with and explore.
If you are looking to have a cheap day out we would recommend taking a pack lunch. The cafe/restaurant on site is quite expensive, however, very tasty.Written 5 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Love visiting this castle, such a beautiful location and spectacular scenery.
The castle staff are always so lovely and accommodating, very patient with kids too.
We come and visit every time we're in our around Edinburgh.Written 29 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I booked a morning Alpaca walk as a summer surprise for my ten year old son and my mum. We arrived and the guys couldn’t have been nicer. As my son was ten he got to walk alongside me and at times walk Ozzy the alpaca himself. The staff were always on hand if you needed some help and made sure everyone got pictures with their alpacas. After the walk we got to feed the alpacas some carrots before they went back into their lovely pen. We then got to see the lovely lady alpacas and give them some carrots. After this the staff told us of some new arrivals and we were lucky enough to meet one of them up close. This was the best experience we have had this summer and my son couldn’t stop talking about it all day. Apparently I will never be able to beat it so I guess we will just have to become regular visitors! Thank you again for such a magical experience.Written 7 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We travelled as a small group of mixed age children & adults from our church. It was the first time at East links farm for all of us and we loved it. The kids never ran out of things to do. The train was a particular favourite along with the pedal go karts. We took a packed lunch and there was plenty outside space for us to eat. (There was an inside option for the picnic but we did not use it.) I was impressed with the number of sinks for hand washing. Bathrooms were clean & easy to access. The farm is large but everything is arranged to be in easy reach. We didn't visit the cafe but there was a good selection oficecreams at the shop & the hot drinks were good quality & not to expensive. Take change with you for the animal feed & crazy golf. It is nice to be able to feed the animals in the farm and allow childern to interact with them. We would all be happy to go back.Written 7 August 2022
- Plenty of parking, toilets available, lovely clean extensive beach :-) We walked back across the salt marsh. Funny little bridge to nowhere was essential at high tide !!Written 23 November 2021
- When playing the golf courses on the East coast of Scotland near North Berwick, you will get the chance to take in the view of Bass Rock!
Such an iconic rock, which you must spend a little time absorbing, rather than just a mere glance.Written 20 July 2022
- This is certainly worth a visit for people of all ages as there were families on the beach with picnic, surfers, dogs walkers, photographers and well as those out for a walk.Written 28 May 2022
- This is a brilliant ride. Nice mix of hilly tracks and flat canals and coastal riding.
I want to give a shout to Belhaven Bikes in Dunbar, who hired out the bikes. Colin was brilliant, good communication in the preparations and good value. We had a problem with one bike, which he sorted no problem. I recommend the whole experience.Written 5 July 2021
- A wonderful way to spend a couple of hours especially if you like gin!
The tour was both informative and fun.
We can thoroughly recommend itWritten 26 May 2022
- This fine 18th century’s Palladian house has beautiful interior and easily access by bus from Edinburgh. I was the only one in my guided tour, so I enjoyed a very personal and knowledgeable tour inside the house. My guide Mike is very knowledgeable, friendly and humorous. Definitely will come back!Written 4 August 2022
- We went on the two island boat trip with Captain Lex and Billy. We really enjoyed seeing the Gannetts on Bass island, but we're disappointed not to see the Puffin's as they had left for the season. Great boat trip, lovely weather and great crewWritten 10 August 2022
- Fun interesting beautiful sensory and educational
A combination of history food chemistry look touch feel
If like whiskey definitely don’t miss this
Tour guide is fantastic and most engagingWritten 11 August 2022
- First time doing hospitality at Musselburgh Race Course for my Dad's birthday and was worth every penny! The service from Hollie & her team in hospitality was exceptional. They were all so friendly & helpful and nothing was a problem. The quality of the food was so good, and having the afternoon touch a few hours after the main meal was a really nice added touch. if you're looking for a brilliant day/night out and wondering whether to spend the extra on hospitality....do it!!Written 7 July 2022
- Dunbar Harbour or Victoria harbour is so stunningly beautiful with breathtaking panoramic views. Here you will also find the ruins of Dunbar castle where Mary Queen of Scots visited, bass rock in the distance, fishing boats, rock pools and a small beach. There is a fantastic swimming pool nearby and public toilets and If your coming from Edinburgh, its around 1hr 20 mins on the X7 and perfect for a day trip with the kids.Written 11 July 2022
- Great pool. Great for kids of all ages. Pool area was kept clean and tidy. The pool temperature could be a couple of degrees warmer.Written 13 March 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about East Lothian
- The best day trips from East Lothian according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- The Big Whisky Tasting Tour - Private Whisky Day Trip
- Private Roslyn Chapel and Melrose Abbey Luxury Day Trip
- The Whiskies and Gins of East Lothian Small-Group Day Tour from Edinburgh
- Borders and Alnwick Castle Tour from Edinburgh
- Private Golf Courses Luxury Day Trip