Points of Interest & Landmarks
Top Attractions in Koh Rong
What travellers are saying
- We visited Koh rong in April 2022, it is a beautiful island, 40 min boat ride from Sihanoukville. But a trek from Siem Reap. We can tell it is currently a skeleton of its former self. Post pandemic it is clearly been hit hard. the tourist dependant island has some run downs bars, abandoned businesses on 4k beach and maintenance is needed from top to toe. Coming here will help the locals, so spend lots of money - they need it.
• Travel / Ferry (40mins) from Sihanoukville to Main Beach. We paid $25 open return ticket per person. We got the night bus from Siem Reap.
• Resturants - We stayed 6 days and went to Encafe (great italian), Tree House (lovely bar on beach walk past white beach), Nest Beach Club (Amazing burgers / young traveller vibes / parties / cheap beer) and grabbed street food some days.
• Night / Nightmare Bus - Siem Reap - Sihanoukville Nightmare - 12 hrs of tec music, noisy bus drivers, horns being honked every 3-5 seconds, bumpy roads, over 1,000+ stops and a crazy bus driver - we didnt sleep at all/but we survived)
• Travelling Around the Island?
You can walk some of it, but a motorbike is needed $10 per day, rent from main beach/ near pier. Or boat Taxis.Or enjoy the area you are staying in.
• Where to stay? Depending on budget, you can pay £200+ per night for a resort, or you can do £25 per night for a basic beach front bungalow (like we did)
• Shops: Pharmarcies, Snacks, Clothes, Street Food, All your essentials are here - but at a premium. Expect to pay more as they had to transport it here.
• Bring high level DEET spray. You will be eaten alive by Sandflies & mosquitoes as all the accomodation is mainly on the beach front.
• Bring CASH* no where takes credit cards and there is NO ATM!!
• Get a room with A/C.
• Bring Handsanitiser, not everywhere has sinks or handwashing facilities.Written 23 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Well this is the beach where were staying, in the long set resort and the beach apparently is also called long set. So theresort is one thing, the beach isanother thing. The beach is clean, clear water long beach, 4km warm water, best beach on the island is sok san though. Rent a motorbike and go have a lookWritten 25 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice beach with little plastic waste (Nov 2019). However, Chinese destruction has already begun .. deforestation, preparation for the construction of ghost resorts... Visit ASAP before the Chinese destroy it.Written 28 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Spend your time here with your love and you will miss this place again! Come and make your life happily with the best sunset!Written 10 January 2022
- If you don't know what to do on Koh Rong, this is one of the places. Privat zoo on the way to Police beach. There are exotic plants and some animales. The visit is about 20-30 min. The theritory is in the jungle so you will need anty mosquitoes repelentWritten 31 May 2017
- We decided to walk from Koh Tuch beach. It took us about an hour each way along the gravel road along the coast. You could rent your own scooter for about $20 a day or pay scooter taxi - not sure how much they cost. Recommend going early as it is very hot amd sunny. Remember to take water and a hat. We didn't walk to far end of Long Beach where fishing village is located. Nice beach with white sands and clear blue waters. Had a swim and headed back for our walk.Written 25 February 2020
- Great way to spend your time on Koh Rong. We did the 2.5hr session with Johnny and it was excellent. He took us on a good route and to some stunning beaches. Johnny and Nigel who run the quads are both very friendly and helpful guys. When we missed our boat back to Sihanoukville later that day, Johnny and Nigel did everything they could to accommodate and look after us.Written 2 February 2020
- Such a great experience! Nat was an incredible guide, he was very patient and took his time to make sure that we were comfortable before we did any of the challenges. He was super knowledgeable of the park and the area. Would highly recommend this if you are in the area!Written 26 July 2020
- My friends and I went on a fishing expedition with Adventure Adam and greatly enjoyed it! There was a great sense of community. Also, Long Set beach is beautiful with white sand and warm ocean water (for an Oregonian, West coast of America, this was an amazing treat.) Will definitely go again!Written 11 June 2020
- Had the best time of my life with these pirates 😄😄 very kind and family friendly. I would recommend this to anyone!!!!! Oh one more thing, the views are to die for!
Peace to the pirates 😋Written 10 March 2020
- Amazing first diving experience! The entire Koh Rong Dive Center crew has been utterly welcoming and professional. During the 4 days of the Open Water certification course, our instructor Gözde taught us diving skills and safety procedures with patience, rigor, and passion. Doing so, Gözde took us to several amazing spots, with gorgeous marine fauna and flora.
Definitely recommend stopping by the Dive Center if you’re looking for a dive in the area!Written 3 August 2022
- What an experience! All I wanted to do was go for one dive but hen I ended up qualifying my open water! So much fun! Great people to assist and teach beginners, intermediates and experienced! Great dive spots around the islands of Cambodia! Definitely worth it! Experience the beauty of underwater Cambodia!Written 23 April 2020
- It was most likely the time of year we were visiting, but the price was quite high and there were very few people attending. Drinks were expensive and you has to pay to rent the plastic cup. The DJ was okay, but there were very few people on the dance floor. It is also quite far on the end of the island, but is a fine walk with a flashlight, at night.Written 5 August 2019
- So we bought a package at Ariya resort and it came with a 4-hours-AVT trip from Adventure club. We were properly trained how to operator the bike for a few minute by our helpful guide. Then we set off to visit multiple beaches which are absolutely breathtaking. On the way, we were able to see beautiful scenery and the smiles of few villagers. We were given free drinks and yummy foods.
Highly recommend!!!Written 20 December 2020
- Great diving experience. Good equipment, pro instructors (Markus, Gospodine Director Pavel and Big Joe), fun time. Great team which gave me effective training and then a wonderful dive. The boat is also well run and safely steered by 2 local sailors.Written 7 March 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Koh Rong
- The most popular things to do in Koh Rong with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Koh Rong on Tripadvisor